so confused am i or not please help

fergielauren

Reaction score
:eh: on wed the 27th of july i had light red bleed but a couple hours later changed to a dark brownish colour which lasted till the friday the 29th of july my period previous to this was from the 25th of june to the 28th . i now think im pregnant i went to the docs on the friday and took a test he told me it came back positive , he took the test to another doctor who also confirmed , while waiting for him to contact early pregnancy unit he called me back in and told me he had spoken to someone who used to be a midwife and the results from the test usualy means your not pregnant at this point i was so confused .. however when i returned home i contacted early pregnancy myself as i have a strong feeling i am . the women on the phone explained to me the doctor had already booked an oppointment .. :/ why i dont know if he said i wasn't pregnant . anyway i was at the hospital on the 4th of august for a scan .. there was nothing there so i got an vaginal scan which also showed nothing .. they gave me a pregnancy test and this was also negative however i wasnt aloud to leave they got one of the doctors to come see me and she told me there was amniotic fluid but no baby . she explained i could be too early or it may be a ectopic pregnancy .. iv to return on the 11th of august to see if its still there . iv done a good few home pregnancy tests including 1 this monrning and still negative .. when i was at the hospital i forgot to mention the brown bleed,. when the bleed was dark brown it was extreamly light . can anyone make sense of this am i pregnant but too early or what and was the brown bleed an ib . ? i just dont see how the amniotic fluid is there but no baby . does the amniotic fluid come before the baby :S . can someone please help. thanks :shock:

I'm afraid i have no idea, but i didn't want to read and not reply. I will keep my fingers crossed for Thursday for you that they can see a baby and you are pregnant

thankyou i shure hope so too :) and ino iv had 30 odd views but no help so far but a fingers crossed forme is better than nothing . thanks

You're welcome, it could be that no-one else knows either.

Hi

I dont want to read and run but tbh i think this is confusing. sorry. I would just wait till the 11th, i do hope it is positive for you and you can join us in tri 1. Iv had a mc in may. I know what an awful time it is and especially when you have to wait a week and go back. Worst week of my life! Good luck anyway hun xx

Looking at your dates I would say that it all sounds right for poss being pregnant and the light bleed could have been implantation. I think you would only be 5/6 weeks preg and so it would be slightly too early to see on scan maybee? I don't know much about ectopic pregnancys, but they would have to have a positive preg test result tho, so strange they got a neg result yet saw amniotic fluid?

I have everything crossed for you on the 11th , hope you get lots of preg symptoms between now and then.

Last edited:
i have to say i'm confused too, the thing i find useful when i have questions is google, i've googled many a pregnancy or TTC question and got some really useful info back! i hope everything pans out right for you hun and good luck for the 11th :) xxx

I also echo the thought that it is hard to comment on as it is quite unusual. I hope for you that there is a healthy baby there but with no positive pregnancy tests and the bleeding it may also be an incomplete mc. I have my fingers crossed for you! Good Luck!

Hi hun.

Didn't want to read and run.

I think what u you describe sounds like a blighted ovum. Where the sac forms but no feotus.

I had exactly the same in 2005 and the same bleed as you describe.

However, I may be very wrong too. Fingers crossed for the 11th, I hope its good news.

:dust:

xxx

hi im just wondering how you are getting on, as ia m actually having the same systems, but havnt been doctors yet? i should of been due on 30thjuly, but then unprotected sex the 31st july, then finally come on period 10days later for a day and half, which was very light red then mine also went brown, if you have any infor or help for me would be much apprciated xx

hi im just wondering how you are getting on, as ia m actually having the same systems, but havnt been doctors yet? i should of been due on 30thjuly, but then unprotected sex the 31st july, then finally come on period 10days later for a day and half, which was very light red then mine also went brown, if you have any infor or help for me would be much apprciated xx
I would do a test next week, it's the only way you'll know. xx

well i went to the hospital for another scan and pregnancy test , the test came back negative so i went for my scan and they told me there was still nothing there but there was still some fluid, as it wasnt the same women that done my first scan she didnt know how much fluid was there in the first scan, she said by reading the notes they had it looked like there was much less fluid however me and my partner think it looked like more anyway on the 14th (yesterday) i started with the brown stuff again instead of my period it was pink with brown and even lighter than the last time , so im still not shure whats going on they put me down as having a misscaridge however i dont se ehow as theres been no pain or bleeding as such just the brown stuff ,, so im just going to take a test every week and see how things go . will keep you all updated :) thanks for the post's and sorry i couldnt answer your question ,. however i hope you dont have to go through all the same hassle like i have :( wbs all :) thanks again :wall2::wall2::wall2::wall2:

Hi there, if you still find you get a negative test and no real period, it could have been a chemical pregnancy. It's when things get started, but don't follow through. I had one last year, and had a very similar early bleed that was quite unlike a real period. I would only have been about 4.5 weeks along, if I hadn't 'felt' pregnant I would never have known otherwise, apparently they're fairly common but most women never know because they're not ttc or symptom spotting. I'm just very in tune with my body and know the slightest difference, which is why I went to the doctor when it happened.

I don't ever refer to my chemical pregnancy as a miscarriage because biologically it was never going to develop into a baby. The HcG levels were so low from the start nothing came of it.

This might clear things up for you, if there are no other answers from future doctor/midwife appointments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back