Could I be pregnant?

Kazza

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

New to this forum and am seeking advice please.

I am 34 and hubby and I have been TTC for 3 years now. Gone through the NHS doing all the tests they recommend for infertility and am due to see the consultant for our results in just over a week.

This month my AF has been 5 days late and I'm usually very regular. I have been very stressed the past few weeks and thought I was late due to that but hubby wanted me to do a test this morning.

I bought a Sainsburys test and a Clearblue digital one and tested first thing this morning. Both came up positive.

Could I really be pregnant? I keep feeling like my AF is going to start. So not sure whether to trust the tests.

From what I've read they're accurate but just struggling to believe that I could actually be pregnant after 3 years of being unsuccessful.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Congratulations!!! Yes you're pregnant!!! (2 test aren't going to say positive if you're not - and yes they are accurate) Feeling like AF is going to arrive is normal, I am 5 weeks and I feel like that. x x

congratulations!! omg your pregnant enjoy your beautiful 9 months and cherish it!! its a beautiful process!! i took 3 as i thought 3 could never be a coincidence but they were all BFP!!! so exciting! xx have a happy andh ealthy 9 months x

How lovely!!! You cant get a false negative, so congratulations YOU ARE PREGNANT!!!!! I too have been trying for 3 years for my 3rd child and have everything crossed that this is the month for me to.

It nice to hear that someone in a similar position has finally got a positive, there is hope for me too!

XXXXXXX

Thanks everyone. Struggling to believe this as I don't have any pregnancy symptoms and keep feeling like my AF is about to start.

Also scared of getting my hopes up as I think I may have miscarried before. My AF was almost 2 weeks late back then and I was in agony but as I hadn't done a pregnancy test, I couldn't be sure.

So very apprehensive now.

Even thinking of waiting a week to see my GP and I don't want to cancel my consultant appointment either. Am I just being paranoid and silly?

Is it normal to feel so nervous? It just doesn't feel real yet...

Huge congratulations, you are pregnant!

Uuuuhhh, thanks everyone. Got an appointment with my gp next Thursday. The wait is going to kill me. Once I've seen the doc, I will feel more settled.

So nervous of getting my hopes up. It's still such early days. Eek. And I still have no pregnancy symptoms. Is this normal?

hey bubs
i regularly pop over from tri 1 to offer advice and support to mums trying
you are deffinately pregnant if even one came up possitive
so congratultions! :)

Congratulations! 2 positives is a definite yes!
And it's also perfectly normal not to have any symptoms at this point - I had no idea I was pregnant with our first baby because I had no symptoms at all apart from being late...
Good luck!

Jenni x

:yay:Congradulations hunni.. 2 BFP you are soo pregnant.. So happy for you :dance:.. It does feel like you are going to get AF but that goes away.. You will probably start getting symptoms soon xxx

Thanks ladies!

You were all right! It is official - I am 6 weeks pregnant.

I kept my appointment with the fertility consultant at our hospital and told her that I thought I may be pregnant and asked if there was any way they could test me at the hospital. She referred me straight away to the emergency unit where they took some blood and did a scan. There is no fetus yet so still very early days but there is a yolk sac which apparently is a sign of pregnancy (hubby says I sound like a chicken hehehe).

I have to go back next week for another scan to see if there is a fetus but as far as the hospital is concerned, I am pregnant. I was told to wait until after next week's scan before going to my gp to get a midwife referral.

Quite shocked as it happened naturally for us before we started any fertility treatments.

I'm hoping that next week it will feel more real. Fingers crossed.

Guess I should move over to Tri 1 now.

Thanks for all the advice and support and best wishes to those of you still trying. Wishing you all BFP's! xx

:yay: :stork: :yay:

Congrats hun now get to the BFP announcements & shout it to all in PF world

:yay: :stork: :yay:

xxxxxx

Congratulations on your wonderful news Kazza!! xx

Thanks a ton, ladies. Wishing you all BFP's very soon! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads