Night feeds

Lacey's Mummy

Reaction score
Hows everyone getting on with them?
Charley went 2 nights with only 1 feed which was brill but he's now gone back to 2-3 feeds every night! He needs his 1st feed but he'll then wake 2 hours later but won't settle without a bottle but only takes 1oz then will wake a hour later for another feed and takes 3-4oz's!! I'm trying to drag that 2nd feed out but he always wants that ounce! Little bugger!!

I can't wait for him to sleep through but can't see it happening for months! :( Lacey was 6months when she 1st slept through. I don't know if I can do these night feeds for that long!!

Seb was waking every 2 hours for an oz or two for about a week recently then two nights ago he had a feed at 11pm, one at 4am and then one at 7.30/8am and has been doing that for the past two nights. He's started taking a full bottle at 4am instead of the 2oz he was taking so I'm hoping that'll continue now!

i've always had one night feed usually finish a bottle at about 11pm then at around 4-5am and then 8-9am!! It depends what shift oh is on to when he wakes up!!!

I had a few nights where he went 7 hours but he's had a bit of a cold since and i dont think the bunged up nose helped his sleeping!!

Ella has only ever had one night feed after her 9/10pm bottle at around 3-4am and then sleeps until 7.30-8.30pm - I was wondering how to get rid of that feed though. I really can't be bothered to read all the books and I refuse to let her cry and get into a state as she isn't really a crier and I don't want to encourage that where it currently doesn't exist.

Ella has only ever had one night feed after her 9/10pm bottle at around 3-4am and then sleeps until 7.30-8.30pm - I was wondering how to get rid of that feed though. I really can't be bothered to read all the books and I refuse to let her cry and get into a state as she isn't really a crier and I don't want to encourage that where it currently doesn't exist.

totally agree i cant let Harvey cry for too long as he only ever cries when he's hungry - except with this cold ive found he finds it hard drifting off to sleep laying down!!!

I'm so jealous of you guys! I'd love to get more than 4hours sleep! I normally feed then put charley to bed at 7.30, then dream feed him at 10, which is working quite well so far. I've prob jinxed myself now though, then he'll sleep until 2-2.30 have about 3-4oz's then he's a nightmare for the rest of the night, waking every 2 hours until we get up at 6.30-7am!!

see i dont dream feed have you tried leaving him to feed later to see if he sleeps longer? i find harvey wakes more if i feed him earlier!!!

That's why I started dream feeding. He wakes up at 10.30 then will start waking every 2 hours so someone said to dream feed before he wakes up normally and since I've been doing it, he's been going longer before wanting that next feed! I didn't wanna do it to start with but so far it's working. Now I've def jinxed myself!! Lol

Alfie has a bottle at 9pm, then bed and wakes 3 for a bottle then u can get away with it til 9 and back from school run or do it at 7:30 before i go. He has had a cold since 2 weeks and is reali miserable and restless. it went at 6weeks and now back with a vengence!!! \I got sum vitamins today poor boy.
Laceys mum, i reali admire u coz i would be bloody knackered, i am after 1 night feed!!!

herbie only eva had one night feed since he was born between 3 - 4 am
I didnt let him cry but just started putting his dummy back in time after time till he got to 4.30 am for a few nights.
then he didnt wake till then so I started putting his dummy in till 5 am and so on.
now he has his last bottle between 9-10 pm and wake about 7am the odd morning its 6am but only about once a week

Drake has his last feed at around 10pm and wakes at 3am ish for his next one then up at 6am. I've tried giving him his dummy at 3am as he's only taking about 2oz of his feed but nope! He deffo wants that bottle!

Thought I'd get him into an earlier routine last night and give him his feed at 8pm, in bed for 8.30pm. It thought, no probs, he hasn't slept since 5pm he'll go down easy. Did he eck! Spent an hour trying to get him to take 3oz (seems like he's only taking 3oz feeds the last couple of days..maybe he isn't well) and everytime he dozed off he'd wake again. Thought I'd put him to bed awake anyway and see if he'll nod off on his own...nope! It was by 10pm I decided to give him another feed (3oz again) and finally he fell asleep!!! So I hadn't eaten, needed to do bottles, house was a tip (yeah hubby was being a great twat not helping) so I got to bed at 12. The little monkey then woke at 2am and 5.15am when I decided to get up. I am seriously knackered today.

Ps..still not speaking to said twat.

Last edited:
herbie only eva had one night feed since he was born between 3 - 4 am. I didnt let him cry but just started putting his dummy back in time after time till he got to 4.30 am for a few nights.
then he didnt wake till then so I started putting his dummy in till 5 am and so on.
now he has his last bottle between 9-10 pm and wake about 7am the odd morning its 6am but only about once a week

This is exactly what I did with Paige. When she goes through growth spurts and wakes for a bottle, once I know shes ok to go through the night again Ill start it all over again. :)

It does take a little bit to do it but its a much nicer way of doing it than letting them cry. I gives them a new routine instead of getting saying 'no youll have to wait' and you do it slowly.

Yodabo-Seb did that for about a week and then started taking (and draining!) a full 6oz so is sleeping longer. Wonder if it was a growth spurt?

Ps hope hubby helps out more! I left OH with Seb last evening and raced round hoovering! Lol!

I'm wondering if I should up harveys feeds as he's started draaining 5oz bottles now!maybe that will help him sleep longer?!

noa wakes up every 3 - 3 1/2 hours for a feed n feeds for about 30 min, its very tiering! but if nothing is planned we sleep to 10ish so i still get them extra hours, still knackering tho x

I'm wondering if I should up harveys feeds as he's started draaining 5oz bottles now!maybe that will help him sleep longer?!

as soon as herbie starts draining a bottle after a few days I up the oz, he's on 7oz now every 3 hours in through the day

as soon as herbie starts draining a bottle after a few days I up the oz, he's on 7oz now every 3 hours in through the day

how old is herbie? harvey's 8wks old but been having 5oz for a few weeks now but only draining them since the wknd!!

herbies 10 wks been on 7oz for a wile now luckly seems to of stopped at 7oz coz my bottles only go upto 8oz I was getting worried lol Is he till going the same number of hours in between? when herbie started sleeping through he went from every 4 hours in the day to every 3 think it was to make up for the night feed which is fine with me

Night feeds are horrendous! Jacob used to have up to three bottles through the night. I was so tired is was unreal but he gradually went longer and longer between feeds and apart from a dream feed at 10pm he slept through at 12 weeks old. He has been a fabulous sleeper since. Pitty no 2 kids are the same tho because we haven't had a full nights sleep sinse lucas was born :shock: we did everything the same with him, routine, dream feed, dummy's etc but nope, he doesn't sleep through. He's not hungry tho, he's thirsty xx

Last edited:
herbies 10 wks been on 7oz for a wile now luckly seems to of stopped at 7oz coz my bottles only go upto 8oz I was getting worried lol Is he till going the same number of hours in between? when herbie started sleeping through he went from every 4 hours in the day to every 3 think it was to make up for the night feed which is fine with me

he's been a bit moany since he started draining the bottles but hes also had a bit of a cold over the wknd too so not sure if its that!!! he's been going around 3 1/2 hours since the wknd but 4-5 at night still so might give it a try from tomorrow it means i have to start making up the big bottles for him as his little ones only make 5oz!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back