Night Feeds?

Rachaellius

Reaction score
How many times does your LO feed in the night?

Phoebe has a feed around 11, then has another at 3-4, but has recently started waking for another one at 6am!? And has another around 8am!

She's only just started adding the 6am one and it's thoroughly exhausting waking up at 4, 6 and then 8 :(

Is there anyway I can get her to sleep for longer at night? I've tried upping her feed too from 4oz to 5oz in the hope that she'll go longer but she won't have that extra ounce!

Any suggestions?

I think it's her age hun. Cameron takes his last feed at night at around 10 and doesn't have another one until four and then goes maybe till nine - that makes it sound like he is in some kind of routine! But honestly he's not! Lol x

Kynon is still the same now but I'm bfing, he sometimes misses the 6am feed now so I do get the odd 4 hours!

Vanessa goes to bed around 9.30-10pm and usually wakes at around 1-2am, 4-5am and 7am and then we get up if I can't get her to sleep after that. It does vary though, I'm not sure why. Last night she slept from 9.30 to 3am so I got an unprecedented 5.30h sleep in one go! Don't expect it to last though :). I'm bfing too so it's completely up to her.

Last edited:
Are you bottle or breast? Can;t your OH do one so you can have a break hun me and my partner did 6 hourly shifts at first x

Are you bottle or breast? Can;t your OH do one so you can have a break hun me and my partner did 6 hourly shifts at first x

I'm bottle feeding, OH is helping at the moment. But he starts a new job next week and he's said he'll do the 11pm feed but I'll have to do the others. Fair enough he'll be getting ready for work at 6am and won't be here at 8am, and he says I'll have to do the 4am feed too. Which I suppose is fair enough cos he'll need some sleep for work. But I'm dreading it :( x x

Domestic she have a dummy? Issac feeds 8.30pm then wakes at 1am but i tried a dummy with him and he fell straight back off until 3.30am but then he can wake at 6am and 8am.

This might. Sound rude but i change Issac before feeding and also found the 1am wake up could just be a wet nappy xx

Elexia wakes at about 2/3ish and then wakes up at 6/7ish but she does go to bed between 6pm and 7pm x x

Yeah I always change her if she's wet when she wakes for a feed, she'll take a dummy occasionally but isn't always bothered by it :( x

my lo had night feeds until he was 8months old! ranging from two or three when he was in growth spurt phase, and just the one feed a night (mainly around 4am ish) from 6-8months xx

Have you tried hungry baby milk for the last feed of the evening? May be coincidence but lissy has slept through from having this at 10 till I wake her at 8. I bet now I have said that she goes back to her usual wake up time of 5am!

Rach, for months (and often still do) I went to bed at like 830-9pm so i could et more sleep, i was exclusively bf so i did have to do everything but esrly bedtimes helped. I suggest you go to bed early, let your oh do the 11 pm feed and then web baby wakes up at 4 you've have a good 7 hours sleep. You don't have a life for awhile but at least you can function.

Sorry to all those with 2-3 month olds but they need regular feeds nightly and forcing a baby to go long periods is wrong and it won't do any good in the long run you will only have to pick up the pieces once weaned I'm guessing.

Just furyiates me grrr. I was feeding my son 2-3 hourly till he was 5 months x

Sorry if I'm being naive, I'm still learning. But why would it be bad for a 2 month old to sleep right through? Surely if they really wanted a feed they'd wake for one? x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Rach sorry I meant to get back to u on fb, sounds like pheobe's routine has changed again?
Will is doing his own thing as and when he chooses really but mostly having 3am, 6am and 8am but it does change like the wind :roll: xx

Sorry if I'm being naive, I'm still learning. But why would it be bad for a 2 month old to sleep right through? Surely if they really wanted a feed they'd wake for one? x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

This is what my HV told me, if they get all the milk they need during the day they will have longer periods of sleep at night & viseversa. This is how you know they have day & night muddled (they sleep longer during day & feed more during night)

We have always let Grace set the feeding schedule but have been really strict in bedtime routine so she knows the difference between night & day

I think the regular nighttime feeds depend if you ff or bf. I have never woken my lo to feed in the night if she is asleep, she has woken once, sometimes not at all, in the night since she was 5 weeks. I do wake her at 10pm to feed her but she protests very loudly.

Crazycooki - did you set an alarm to wake your lo throughout the night or did he wake up every few hours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back