**** Newborn Help Thread ****

Although... We did snazzy-up for our jabs...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363715219.912753.jpg

Haha :) xx

Anyone know how PC got on yesterday?

Hope she's okay xx

got on ok it went as well as can be x

Ella has been really unsettled and seems to be really struggling with wind. We are switching to dentinox on the advice of hv. But just dont know what to do!! In the plus side got her weighed today 10lb 12oz!

Ella Faith 8/2/13 8lb 13.5 oz x

Umm I'm trying not to freak out but a bit hard LOL..

When jackson was born OH had notice that Jackson's eyes, right in at the corner - one side is a bigger whole than the other. Not hugely big but I deffo noticed upon looking. Its hard to explain but it looked like on the right eye you could see further into his eye than on the other side.

Now tonight I have noticed well actually the whole day, his right eye has been leaking sleep. At first I just brushed it off but now I notice its coming from the eye with the hole.. I don't know what the hells goin on. I don't think its conjunctivitis as as its not red or puffy just producing lots of sticky sleep. The other eye is completely fine.

Should I be worried ?

xxxxx

Big hugs to all u ladies for looking out for me! Just feel like weve had a regression not sure if its just coz im feeling sensitive atm with everything thats happened. Both these life changes r hard on their own but together are shit. Feel like I just function atm :0 (

Ooh, hi PC :)
In all seriousness... Have you tried baby massage, or baby yoga? Both are supposed to be great for helping with colic/wind/constipation (Cay has none of these so I can't personally recommend). I've heard it makes the world of difference.
We do baby yoga at the moment, and we start baby massage in a month.
It's good fun :)
Check (google) your local surestart centre, search through netmums, or phone your surgery to ask about free classes.
Even just YouTube "baby massage wind", and see how that goes...?

DC, thanks :) I had to pester OH for the hat, he thought it'd make Cay look silly.
I freakin love it :)

Congrats on gettin Blake down... B routine seems to be really taking hold for quite a few people xx

Helps loads actually!

I just got worried because I had dismissed it - ofcourse I got a "I told you something was wrong with his right eye" from OH when I mentioned all the sleep.

I thought it would be something to do with not fully developed cause I know babies tearducts don't work for a few weeks and that's why there's no tears when crying.

xxxxx

We are doing s baby massage course st the min n I massage her every night xx

Do you find that helps at all?

Can the doctors not help? Xx

The routine is really Woking for us. Blake didn't wake again until 2am for a feed, then the next one was at 5:30am. He's gone back to sleep and I haven't! I'm lying here with a cat on my head

I arent really sure if it does or not ema ive mentioned it to docs n just get fobbed off. We did do 5 hrs feed then 5hrs woop woop x

Yay a everyone's doing so well.
J's eye has stopped over producing sleep today so far..

DC I used to end up awake whilst J slept because i think to myself if I go he will probably wake up lol now I know he won't so I sleep better xxxx

I never went back to sleep!

Well Blake is making bedtime too easy for us. He's asleep upstairs after his B routine and I have a glass of wine :)

Well I started the routine last Friday and 1st night it was PERFECT and every night since has been a bloody nightmare! I am seriously at my wits end, if he's awake, he's crying, the evenings are just ridiculous, I mean he just screams inconsolably, and I know he's over tired so that's why he won't settle and sleep but how on earth I'm a suppose to stop him getting overtired when he just won't sleep anyway! Anytime he does sleep, including naps, he's only gone to sleep as he's exhausted himself from crying. Every evening is just horrible, (so are the days, but by evening I've had more than enough) and I feel myself getting angry, which scares me! He has to be the worst baby that ever existed, I feel so horrible saying these things but I'm not enjoying him at all at the minute! He is just miserable all the time, miserable, awake and screaming and I can't take it anymore!

I never went back to sleep!

Well Blake is making bedtime too easy for us. He's asleep upstairs after his B routine and I have a glass of wine :)

Ooh... Famous last words :/
Lol :)

I meant to ask before but got called away... Is it your cat? Or just some random cat you felt like plonking on your head...? Sort of an emergency hat situation...? Lol!

PC, can you pester the docs? Make them realise there's something actually wrong? Have they seen her like it? Can you record a little video clip of her when she's at her worst to show them? Because Sod's law; you take her to the doc and she's all buttercups and rainbows. Second you're out of the doctors, all hell breaks loose.
I wish I had some useful advice :(

Russell, I'm glad Jackson's eye is looking better today :) The HV at my postnatal group said try using the tip of your little finger, gently press and rub teeny little circles just under the blocked duct to try and encourage it to open.
That may or may not help.

DC, sounds like Blake's doin epically :) you must be very proud of him.

Toni, where is he napping throughout the day? How often is he napping? Does he take a dummy or anything to soothe him? Have you tried white noise to help him switch off?
What time are you trying to put him to bed for the night? What time are you getting up in the morning?
Sorry, that's a lot of questions but it's all stuff I need to know to see if I can help at all.

Cay's struggling :( Poor baby just got through his leap, then I stuck needles in him, now he's got the most horrendous snotty :(
He ate at 7:30, just woke up again at 1:00, so his gone 5.5 hours.
But now he's not goin back asleep because he can barely breathe! He sounds just awful :(
I've got his cot raised, I've squirted calpol drops up his nose, I've got a cup of water by his cot, a damp towel over the radiator, I've even stuck some olbas oil on a muslin an hung it over the side of the cot, just to try an help, but nothin does :( xx

Poor little Cay!! I hope he has a good nasal clear out soon!!

Random question unrelated to routines... Did anyone find their knees hurt a lot around a month after birth? I'm always lifting with my knees but didn't realise they'd start hurting!

Okay thanks ill give that a bash. Its been good all day so maybe me cleaning it constantly has helped? Ill wait and see.

I hear that u know if u close ur bathroom door whilst running a bath it goes steamy? Aparently that's good for a stuffy nose so like if ur running a bath stand in the bathroom with cay and see if the steam helps unblock him ? Also I don't know if u could but when I'm blocked I sit a pot of boiling water wiith some menthol crystals in it and let that get into the air and it helps me sleep ?

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back