I feel pathetic!

Sleep deprivation is horrible hun . I know how u feel ruby has been unwell and is also teething and the past two weeks has been up alot more the usual last week it was every hour at the min it's twice a night. Have u tried sleeping in the day when your LO has a nap xxx

Can you not get a bottle warner and keep it in the bedroom.?

My oh wouldn't even dream if making me sleep elsewhere, he'd be sleeping outside if he did in his car! Yes your oh workable king hours but so do you! In fact, 24/7! If he's that bothered get a blow up mattress and some ear plugs and face facts that he's a dad!

My oh used to moan about waking up too and his new thing is 'ive didn't hear him' x

"I didnt hear him" - thats a universal one - wat an excuse xxx

Yep, I could be holding him right next to his ear screaming and he wouldn't stir.

He also moans cause be shouldn't be having a night feed still and I said that I am that tired that for the min its just easier to give him milk and have him drift off to sleep.
He kept going on so last night I said well if you wanna spend half the night trying to settle him with just a dummy then go for it but I need my beauty sleep as I feel like an ogre.
He ctually did too. I still woke up but not properly x

Im with u hun, one of those things, a dummy might settle him for 20 mins but if he is actually hungery, its false economy cus ull b up again in a hour feeding him anyway when his whimpers esculate to full on screaming!!

xxx

With the swaddling I think you have to persevere. At first they appear not to like it. But little Tilly chops now knows that it means sleepy times. And if it's done right she's dead still and peaceful in her sleep.

I also tuck a sheet under the mattress at both ends to pin her down. Lol.

Totally agree with the perseverance. Even now as soon as Albert goes into his swaddling he wriggles around the floor trying to get out of it. He looks like a maggot having a panic attack lol

With the swaddling I think you have to persevere. At first they appear not to like it. But little Tilly chops now knows that it means sleepy times. And if it's done right she's dead still and peaceful in her sleep.

I also tuck a sheet under the mattress at both ends to pin her down. Lol.

Totally agree with the perseverance. Even now as soon as Albert goes into his swaddling he wriggles around the floor trying to get out of it. He looks like a maggot having a panic attack lol

Hahahahaha :rotfl:

A maggot having a panic attack. I like it.

If OH doesn't want to be woken up let HIM sleep on the sofa so you and HIS child can have the bedroom. I think expecting him to sleep overnight in the same place he's doing daytime activities might confuse the baby?

I too get frustrated with tiredness, and my OH has never done a night feed, he tried once in the first week and fell asleep while doing it :shock: Needless to say i dont even bother to ask! He will do a feed when he gets in from work around 12am if she is ready and even then I have to be awake and watching at the same time in case he :nap: which defeats the object really! The 2-4 am feeds are the ones that kill me!!

Lots of :hug::hug::hug: for you xxxxx

I agree with the other ladies- get him some earplugs and get him to sleep on the sofa!! My oh works too but he sleeps in the spare room and in the morning comes in feeling guilty that he's slept and I haven't! That's the way it should be!!
Big hugs!! Stop trying to do other things and catch up on your sleep during the day or have a night co sleeping so he can feed when he wants to and you get your sleep! One proper night would make you feel so much better xx

Ok so im a divvy and answered without reading the rest :roll:

I am at a loss to understand why your OH thinks it is acceptable for you to be in the living room!!!! Like someone said get a bottle warmer or do wht i do, I have the bottles in the bedroom in a mini fridge and take a flask of boiing water and a jug to heat them, I do think it would help to have him sleep somewhere different at night. I never put Sofia in her crib in the bedroom dunring the day and she knows that when she goes in there at night its longer sleep time rather than the snatches of sleep she gets on me or in her moses in the day. Its worth a go, also tell your OH that the pregnancy forum army will be assembling if he doesnt move his ass out of that bed! :lol::lol:

Love the wriggly maggot comment - so have a vision in my head :) lol xx

Last edited:
Ladies you're the best!! Thanks for all your comments.

I hadn't thought about that actually, thing is though he stayed at my mums last night and he did exactly the same thing, woke for 2 feeds at 1 and 4 and then wouldn't settle from 5am, so maybe its not about the room he's in as he hasn't slept in that room before.

I'm gona talk to him and ask, even if we swap half way through the week or something, I think that's fair?

I half swaddle him not full as I feel fully swaddling would make it worse as he sleeps with his arms up above him head most of the time.

Brilliant comment bb hahahaha what an image! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back