new to this and can't stop testing!!!!!

treeze

Reaction score
Hello everyone...

i am new to all this as this is the first month we have started trying and no sign of AF yet... the first day of my last period was 13th July (very light the first day though) so i think i was due on yesterday (28 days).

I am not sure when i would have ovulated and my periods are a bit random -

so far this year they have been:

jan - 28days
feb - 28 days
Mar - 34 days
apr - 24 days
May - 32 days
june - 31 days
july - 29 days

so this makes it tricky for me to know when i am actually due! Well we have tried several times this month around about the right sort of time (i think?!) and so far i have not had AF. I just couldn't wait though and tried testing with shop brought tests on 31st July, 3rd, 5th, and 6th August all BFN - what a waste of money lol!

so yesterday i received some of the online test (from access diagnostics? 25 mIU) and tried one of those today but still BFN. So then my friend said to try a clear blue one and that was 10 quid and still BFN!!!! (only after did i notice it was the same strength mIU as the one i did this morning!!!!

i am still hopeful though as no sign of AF and i have slightly sore nipples (the other day they were VERY sensitive especially if i bent over!)

it is just frustrating the my periods are so random... if this month is going to be a 32 day'er then that means i'm not due on until Saturday so is it still too early to be testing!!! However if it is a 28 / 29 day month like jan, feb and jul it means i was due yesterday or today!!!

oh well... if i make it to saturday/sunday wihtout AF arriving then that has to be good. I will try and wait til then to do a test but i bet i end up doing one tomorrow - especially as i now how 20 to use!!!!

have got the OV kits for next month to try if not!!!! i'd love to hear about others positive test and how many days due/late you were!

Hiya treeze, i dont have a positive test yet but thought i would reply to your post. I'm new to this too (ttc and this forum!).

I thought my af was due last week and i tested about 4 days before i thought it was due and got BFN. but af still hasnt arrived yet. so i'm guessing my cycle is still trying to get back to normal after stopping the pill a few months ago, and thought it would probably come this week. still no af! thinking i might do a test tonight, or tomorrow. but its so hard trying not to test!

i have ov kits for next month too if af arrives! :)

hope everything is okay and you get BFP!! xx

hiya scottish lassie - yours sound like good signs to me... i would SSSoooooo have had to do another test by now if i were you!!!!!! i am so impatient!

I am on day 30 of my cycle now and still no AF (although i had the tiniest... and i mean tiny... amount of very pale brown discharge this morning) but nothing has happened since so i figure that i may get my AF now and the discharge might be the very beginning of it?

It is so tricky to tell coz normally i am not checking for the slightest little sign of whether my AF is about to start or not! As soon as you are aware of what should or shouldn't be happening you can't help diagnosing every single little thing that happens!!! crazy isn't it! i just want to know either way!!!

let us know how you get on with your test - good luck and stay positive!!!

treeze :)

Hi treeze - my af was last on 13 July so I am in same boat as you, I dont know when I ov'd last and am testing like a loonie all BFN, good luck for us both hey xxx

hi gemini blue... ah it's weird to think someone else is exactly the same days/cylce as you eh?!! i'm a bit new to all this and this first month i have gone pregnancy test crazy!!! today i didn't realise but had actually used one of the fertility ones by mistake! it is quite exciting though - i am as excited about doing the next test as I was the first. i'm sure the novelty will wear off if i have to do it all again next month eh?!

i just wish i was more "regular" so i knew if getting to 30 days was a good result for me or not... last cycle was 29 days but the month before was 31! so i just have to wait and see! i'm sure after this tiny spot of very pale spotting this morning i will prob get AF tomoz though!

i am lucky in that i have a little girl who is now 3 and half and with her we just didn't use contraception once and conceived immediately. i guess i was thinking the same thing would happen again. we have been putting off trying cos i had a couple of borderline smear tests and had to have a colpsocopy which confirmed everything is fine. i wanted to wait for the ok on my smears though as both my mum and grandma died of cervical cancer in their 30's so you can imagine my worrying. The consultant said everything with me is fine though so we were thrilled to get started with trying for our 2nd after putting it off for a year!

well... i have everything crossed for us both! will keep u posted x x x :)

Morning... so it must be friday 13th because this morning the :witch: finally put in an appearance! I reckon thats what the light brown tiny discharge meant yesterday...

oh well.. a new month and i have my ovulation kits to try this month - I got them from a site recomended by a friend called access diagnostics and they are called "advanced LH". It says on the instructions to start using them on a particular day depending on what your normal cycle is. Well as i have a random cycle i think i will go by the shortest cycle i have had this year (24 days) which i think means i will start using the OV tests on CD7. I am guessing from looking on here that 2 lines might appear straight away but i should wait until the 2nd line is as dark as or equal to the control line... just wondered if anyone has any advice on this.

well i am staying positive and at least i didn't waste my money on the ovulation kits as i will def give them a go this month!!!!

hi treeze, i know friday the 13th! my af arrived this morning too :( bummer eh!! i'm trying to stay positive, thankfully i didnt waste that test and i hav my ov kit to use this month too. it will happen for us hun. wish i wasn't so impatient though!

All the best xxx

thanks scottish lassie... yeah bummer eh?! flippin AF. and last month my first dycle day was 13th too! so thats 13th July and 13th August! good job i'm not superstitious .... maybe i should ttc on the 13th day of my cycle :lol:

well... new start and all that eh! good luck for this month x x x

Hey Treeze Im sorry to hear about your mum and grandma god I couldnt even begin to understand how you feel.

Sorry that you got your af. I found those ov tests good so am going to go back on them next month. No af yet but there is still time and tested bfn this morning so not holding my breath. Good luck hun lets see if we're in tune next month hey xxx

Wishing you ladies all the luck in the world, and hope to see you with your BFPs soon xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back