Am I testing at the 'right time'? Do I go by period date or dpo?

CARNAT22

Reaction score
I am going to test on Thursday (if no AF) and I'll be 15 dpo BUT as I ov'd earlier this month it will actually be 2 days before AF is expected.

I was assuming as I'd ov'd early my cycle would be shorter this month (I range between 29 - 31 days) so if AF was going to arrive she's be on her way in the next few days?

Should I go by date period is due based on last cycle or days dpo to test?

I used OPK's and a digi OPK to confirm so I know when I ov'd!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
i usualy go by 28 days from lmp but i am always 28 days bang on, i would say go from ur ov day 14 days past this i think aint it sorry but im v new to all this i just go by wat i read n wat my ticker says lol and gd luck xx

I personally always went by the day I was due, largely because I never 100% knew when I ovulated. But my cycle is always 28/29 days. I figured it was bet to wait for my sanity as well until I was due rather than torturing myself constantly with poas.
x

I personally always went by the day I was due, largely because I never 100% knew when I ovulated. But my cycle is always 28/29 days. I figured it was bet to wait for my sanity as well until I was due rather than torturing myself constantly with poas.
x

I know for a fact I did ovulate this month and I will be 15dpo on Thursday so I figure it's OK to test.

AF will be due 1st / 2nd anyway?

xxxxxxxxxx

I would go by DPO cause your luteal phase is probably always 14 days so if no AF by 15DPO your looking good! X

I would go by DPO cause your luteal phase is probably always 14 days so if no AF by 15DPO your looking good! X

My LP was 15 days lasy cycle though (I ov'd CD17 this month it was CD15)
LP was 14 the cycle before though?

I would test on 2nd BUT have a dr's that day?

Now I am worried I am testing too early?

xxxxxxxx

x

I know for a fact I did ovulate this month and I will be 15dpo on Thursday so I figure it's OK to test.

AF will be due 1st / 2nd anyway?

xxxxxxxxxx

If you're sure then I don't see why not! If I was certain I doubt I'd be able to resist. If its not the result you're after then you can always do another if you're late?

hun 8 or 9 days is testing too early. Anything after 10 is about normal, and from 13DPO onwards I wouldnt class as early!

i really admire you for holding out this long. I would have pee'd on at least 5 by now! if you are pregnant a FRER or a digi would defo show a positive from 13DPO onwards........

good luck!

hun 8 or 9 days is testing too early. Anything after 10 is about normal, and from 13DPO onwards I wouldnt class as early!

i really admire you for holding out this long. I would have pee'd on at least 5 by now! if you are pregnant a FRER or a digi would defo show a positive from 13DPO onwards........

good luck!

Thanks darling - I am still going to wait for Thursday but I have my digi at the ready!

xxxxxxxxx

I'd go by DPO too hun, definitely won't be too early. I tested about 9/10 DPO and got very faint bfp on IC, then next day got strong positive on FRER and also did digi too :D Good luck hun x x

I'd go by dpo If you're sure of when you Ov'd x
I think your AF arrival is based on she you ovulate, your luteal phase i think its called x Usually luteal phase is 14 days so I'd go by 14 dpo xx

How are u feeling nat? Any symptoms? I'm due af on thurs, no cramping, shooting pains alternating left and right down low the past few days then today lots of watery cm, keep thinking af is here and go tO loo to check then nothing?! X

Hi Carnat,
Hope you don't mind me posting on here....

I'd go by luteal phase - it's normal for it to vary by a day or two, so by 14/15DPO you should be due and good to test!

I had a cycle of 30 days, 31 days then 24 days - but tested according to luteal phase - mine is 11 days, and at 13 DPO got a positive. And before you even think I was good to be able to wait until 13DPO, I completely didn't realise that I should go by LP rather than period! lol

Really good luck to you hun, hope it's your month! Baby dust to you!!!!

x

I'm a very bad example of poasing at all times of my cycle but just wanted to say good luck testing!!! :dust:

Thanks ladies - as I say my luteal phase was slightly longerlast cycle (15 days) than it was the cycle before.... only by a day though!

I'll test with FMU on Thursday - eeeeekkkkkk.

The only symptom I have is sore boobs BUT I had that last cycle as well :shock:

I've been so good but time is def standing still now...

xxxxxxxxxxx

I always went by the day my suspected period would arrive. :), sometimes id go by DPO as well!. But with this pregnancy i didn't test until i was 1 week and 1 day late, and 21/22 DPO :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back