Never fainted before

Rachey

Reaction score
I fainted yesterday :( I had never fainted before, it was honestly horrible! I feel so so sorry for people who faint alot :(

Is fainting something to worry about or totally normal during pregnancy? I'm not really worried now, I just got such a fright and wondered what can cause it?

I was going to do a ghost tour yesterday, but as soon as we went in to the first room I just didn't feel right. My head started banging and my body felt almost tingly? :eh: Then it just felt like the room closed in on me, I could see evreyone in the room, then it seemed to go blurry then black and that's the last I can remember. Next thing I was lying in the gift shop with someone I work with and the woman who works there lol!

I had just had lunch and a drink so wasn't linked to anything like that.

Does anyone on here faint alot? xxx

i dont but wanted to say hope your ok. xx

Aw thanks hun, I'm fine now :) Just got a wee fright x

I used to faint a lot, not so much recently as I have learnt the signs it's coming and always get myself sat or lay down and generally sorted out before it happens.
I tend to find a big cause for me is heat, I get hot, I can't breath properly and I can feel my pulse all over my body.

I've had a couple of episodes, think it's genetic for me as my Grandma would have similar experiences when she was younger. Worst was on a late night tube, sober, after a meal out, just feel all hot and 'wrong', my ex caught me as I crumpled.... Though the almost faint whilst I was in the shower was scarier!

I know what you mean about the 'closing in on you' feeling, this is how it feels for me, like the black edges are enclosing my vision, then things feel a bit 'fluffy'.

Me and my alternative way of thinking is also wondering if you were reacting to something else, with reference to the 'ghost walk' I often get odd sensations like that in places with lots of history etc, like it's got more energy attached that I'm not used to handling!

But if you feel I'm a bit nuts saying that, that's ok, everyone is entitled to their opinion. ;)

I fainted a couple of times in tri 1, and its not a noce experience.

My first time was in a hot shower in the morning, and I felt sick, and got out and hit the deck, before coming round again. And then it happended again a few weeks later.

I spoke to my midwife who said it can be a very common symptom of pregnancy, and its nothing to worry about.
I think mine is linked to my blood sugar, coz even know I feel sick, dizzy and shakey if I dont eat regulary enough.

Its not great to go through, and I always felt rough as anything for the rest of the day, but im sure its nothing to worry about!

x

Thanks girls, glad it's nothing to worry about and that your MW said it'd pretty normal lea :) xxx

Aaaaw sorry that must have been awful...... I have felt very dizzy and sick but not actually fainted, I have done in thre past so I know the signs to sit down and get my head down between my legs before I fall on my face!! Hope you dont have any more episodes....

I've had a couple of episodes, think it's genetic for me as my Grandma would have similar experiences when she was younger. Worst was on a late night tube, sober, after a meal out, just feel all hot and 'wrong', my ex caught me as I crumpled.... Though the almost faint whilst I was in the shower was scarier!

I know what you mean about the 'closing in on you' feeling, this is how it feels for me, like the black edges are enclosing my vision, then things feel a bit 'fluffy'.

Me and my alternative way of thinking is also wondering if you were reacting to something else, with reference to the 'ghost walk' I often get odd sensations like that in places with lots of history etc, like it's got more energy attached that I'm not used to handling!

But if you feel I'm a bit nuts saying that, that's ok, everyone is entitled to their opinion. ;)

The fainting in the shower would be really scary, expecially being by yourself.

Haha I don't think your nuts :p I wondered myself if it was something to do with the ghost tour, I don't know what, but just something linked to it. The woman who works there said some people react in funny ways to the tours! I was a bit freaked out, I wondered if it would have happened if I'd just been walking around a normal place x

I was about 15, think it was school holidays, Mum was at work, Dad didn't live with us and 14 yr old brother was downstairs, I had a head full of shampoo, running into my eyes, somehow got out of the bath (no shower cubicle) got towel round me, screamed and screamed for my brother as I tried to rinse the stuff out of my hair.

I think it was the panic kicked off an adrenaline response instead so then I ended up with pulse racing even more and was trying not to hyperventilate, made my brother call my Dad's mobile and got him to come round (self employed builder type, easy enough to just drop tools with an 'I need something from B&Q' excuse).

I think I kinda went into shock too, barely recall Dad arriving, but it really did scare the crap out of me!!

The kinda response I might have on something like a Ghost walk I can plan for, like I know I may feel odd and be ready for it IYKWIM, but out of the blue dizziness and fainting, not so easy!

Hope you don't get any more like it! But like the other Ladies said, if you feel it, sit down, head down! :)

Lxx
(God I write long posts don't I? Sorry!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back