Fainted yesterday...

scandicmum85

Reaction score
I fainted yesterday with black out in a shop, how embarresing.. I just start to feel really hot and sick, and I saw lights and my heart went really fast and I just fell over and woke up lying on floo, my sister was with me and was really worried, I found it very scary, been alot dizzy last days and I am a little bit scared to go out to shop now or something... I read its pretty common to faint when you pregnant ?

Gosh, how scary for you hun, hope you're ok.

My sister used to faint quite a lot during her pregnancy or she would have loads of dizzy spells. I think it was to do with her sugar levels or something but the doctor told her to make sure she eats regularly and stay hydrated. Your body is now working for you and baby so make sure you eat and drink regularly.

I get really bad nausea around midday and have figured out to avoid it I have to eat little and often.

x x

Last edited:
Have you had your iron levels checked as well, think a low count can make you faint or feel dizzy. I've been close to fainting a few times lately but I'm barely eating cos of the cronic nausea so I know it must be my sugar levels, must admit I've been avoiding doing anything for last week hope this stops soon I'm only 6 weeks!

I fainted twice in my first tri - both in the morning, hadnt eaten anything, and got hot, sick, had lights flashing in my eyes....spoke to the midwife who said it can be quite common, and nothing bad to worry about.

I still get low blood sugar now, but I can feel it, and I have a small window of time when I need to get something to eat to rectify it. I feel sick, shakey, sweaty, and its like an urge to eat anything, lol!
My iron levels are quite high, so it must have been my blood sugar all along.

Just keep something to eat with you, and eat often - I now have to eat at least every 4 hours, else I feel it coming on - but its a good excuse to carry chocolate roun with me I suppose!
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back