Feeling faint!

Ally

Reaction score
My letter came through this morning to say that I have my scan on Thursday the 1st of Sept. I am so excited.

Nearly fainted this morning in the supermarket getting something for lunch. I am about 10 weeks pregnant and this started yesterday. I suffer from low blood pressure anyway but this is much worse. Does anyone else suffer with fainting? :cry:

Hi Ally

I did have one or two dizzy spells - usually if I hadn't eaten for a while or if I was just getting out of bed.

They do say if you get dizzy spells regularly, or if you ever actually pass out then you should contact your doctor immediately.

Glad you've got a scan date set - it is very exciting!!

LBxx

When I was pregnant with my daughter (13 years ago), I was passing out every single day!! It happened at work, in the supermarket, ante-natel classes, and more worryingly, twice in the shower. I had very low blood pressure, but the gp or midwife didn't seem concerned, so neither was I. To be honest, I was a very niaive 22 year old back then, and if it happens again, I will be more forceful with them and get them to do more tests. But it didn't do the baby any harm.

The good news is that my daughter was born perfectly healthy, and now is a wonderful Kevin-like moody teenager!!!

What am I thinking - going through all this again!!!! :lol: :lol:

hi ally yes i have had alot of fainting during my pregnancy i am 29 weeks pregnant and i still get it now. i have been off work niw for 3 weeks and i am not going back. I have fainted twice and been admitted to hospital for tests but nothing has shown up. When i feel faint etc i find that if i sit or lie down and rest your legs higher than your heart it really helps. Another good thing is ice cold water. If u feel really bad then go to hospital.Ihope this helps take care of yourself.

lucy and bump
29 weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back