Naps 6months+

Lacey's Mummy

Reaction score
How many naps are your 6 month old babies having roughly a day?
I can only keep charley awake between 2-3 hours before he gets really tired then he naps for a max of 30mins. He has around 4 naps a day still even though he doesn't nap for long I'm thinking he's having too many and is effecting his sleep at night as he's being a little bugger at night ATM!

Tegan is having two 30 min naps and being a pain in the night! she's always slept brilliantly at night until recently xx

Ella-rose usually has 2 of about 45mins but this is far from consistent! Some days she'll nap for hours and other days not at all!

Up until about a month or so ago, Paige slept every 2 hours, sometimes less, and was sleeping for 30 minutes at a time. Since about 6 months though shes slept through so it wasnt effecting her night sleep.

Now however, shes slept for about an hour today and thats pretty good. Shes a bugger for naps at the moment. But still sleeping almost 12 hours at night so Im not complaining about the naps. Id rather have the sleep at night really :/

h is usually up at 7am has bottle breakfast and dressed then has about an hour nap then up till lunch then about a 30 min nap and then sometimes another 30mins after his 3-4pm bottle dinner at 6.30-7pm and bath and bed at about 7.30-8pm and thats it until 7am the next morning!

Looking at everyone else's babies, I think he's def having too many naps. I feel guilty when he starts rubbing his eyes though but I'll try tomorrow to keep him awake longer x x

Isla has 3/4 short naps too. I really struggle in the day to get her to sleep. She's still not sleeping all the way through the night but is doing 6 hours, feed, then 6 hours.

Zac has 2 long naps, about 1hr to 1hr and a half, one in the morn and one in the afternoon. He sleeps 10-12hrs at night. If he doesn't have his daytime naps he is really grumpy and it has no effect on his nighttime sleeping, same as if he goes to bed late, he doesn't sleep any later in the morning xxx

Seb usually has 2 1-2 hour naps a day. Though sometimes it can be more and sometimes he still has 2 but they're shorter. He did go through a phase of having 3 10 minute naps a day (for about a week) and then had 3 2 hour naps the next week but he seems to have settled into a pattern now of a nap at between 9-10 and one between 2-3 x

marley has about 20mins nap in the morning and about half an hr in the afternoon if we're lucky! hes usually asleep by half 6 absolutely exhaused!!!! hes not sleeping through yet though!

Dunno if it's coincidence but charley only had 2 half hour naps yesterday, he just didn't seem tierd and he slept through last night without waking even for his dummy!
Gonna try to keep him awake again today!!

Glad he slept through for you Hun x

Noa sleeps best at night if he has good n long naps daytime! Noa needs about 1hour nap in the morning, 2 hours in the afternoon n 1 hour in the evening before bedtime at 8.3 then he sleeps to 9ish with 1-2 feeds

He don't always get this naps as we r often out n about n then he can get grumpy.
Well done charley for sleeping trough, Noa has only done that twice x

Drake has about 3-4 naps a day. Ranging from 30 mins to 2 hrs. He Gets so grumpy after 2 hrs so needs his naps. I find he sleeps better in the night when he naps less in the day! But I don't want to deprive the poor boy!

Cam is only 5 months, but has at least 3 a day xx

Since I've been limiting charley to 3 naps a day, he's been sleeping 12 hours straight at night!!! Yay!!

Yay, go charley! How long has he been doing 12 hours chaz?

Drake has been a nighmare the last 2 nights! I think his teeth is playing up as he's just cut his first one but he's been crying even when I give him the dummy which he never does! From 12.45 to 3am last night..I'm wrecked lol

Only the last 5 days so not long. I'm waiting for it all to go wrong although for the 2 weeks before he was awake every hour through the night so he owes me this sleep! Lol
Hope Drake sleeps better soon. I'm getting do nervous for the teething to start :(

Thanks sweet. That's the thing isn't it, they give you a fab few days, you think you've cracked it and they start waking again! I hope Charley keeps it up though, you've worked hard for it! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back