Nappies?

Nurse 26

Reaction score
Hey ladies!

I'm thinking its about time i started stocking up, ive been a bit lazy so far, my mum has started us off by giving us a couple of packs of new born size1

So my questions are, how many of each size are you buying? any particular brand? no idea where to start :shock:

Thanks

Hey hun,

I've just bought newborn size one so far. I've got a few packs of pampers but a lot of Asda ones from when they were on £1 offer! I think they're up to 11lbs or something so hopefully will be ok!

xx

i got 5 of the size 1 nappies from asda when they were at a £1! 44 in a pack aswell :\

I've also got 2 huggies size 1, and 10 free pampers ones xx

no size 2s yet

Hey hun I started with a mix of huggies and pampers size 1 and LO was in size 1 for ages...so didn't get any size 2 initially! Then just a case of deciding which brand you prefer?!

LO was only in size 2 for a week or two and has now been in 3 for a few weeks with plenty of room! So I wouldn't buy loadsa size 2 as quite a few people have said that their LO was only in size 2 for a short time!

HTH xx

Sent from my nearly buggared iPhone!!

Can honestly say I used between 5-7 packs of size 1 then brought as I needed after that x I never stocked up as Didn't see point as its wasted money if you don't use them x

I 5 packs of size 1 and 5 of size 2. The size one were pampers - cos i ordered asda's own brand online when they were £1 a pack - but they sent a substitute :) - then the size 2 are tescos own cos they were £1 a pack a week later.

If i was you - you've still a good three months - i'd hang on to see if the offers come back on again - someone always posts them here - then get some of what evers going cheap to start, till you figure out what you and LO prefer.

I only really stocked up cos i figured at £1 instead of £3.50 it was a major bargain - so im not worried if i dont use them all.

xxx

With my first I bought absolutely tons of size 1s, so many you could build a fort out of them! But then they told me I was having this biiiig baby and so I paniced that I had wasted loads of money and started stocking up on 2s and 3s... as it turns out my baby was normal size and was in size 1s til he was 3 months old! But he did go from size 2 to 3 v quickly, like a few weeks. He has been in size 4s for about 6 months now and they are still fitting him fine.

Also, I stocked up on pampers to start with then I started getting huggies. Turns out my LO wasn't suited to pampers at all as a newborn, and huggies never leaked at all, but pampers did. Now he's older he's in pampers as huggies don'[t fit as well now!

Get couple of different brands so you can decide which one suits your lo, I ended up with pampers. You can order them on amazon quite cheapy and they deliver. You never know which size you will need, we have been in size 3 for a week now

Last edited:
I got about 6 packs of the £1 asda ones when they were on offer a couple of months ago in my experience I have found these quite good, I used to work in a nursery and we used these I remember someone once telling me they were made by pampers. I have 4 of the huggies newborn starter packs, I bought one when the asda baby event was on and they got reduced to £3 and got 3 free by joining the asda parenting club in mine and DH's name and for some reason it printed 2 vouchers out when I did mine ! so if you havn't joined get joining I love a freebie !

ive got size 1 huggies and pampers and i bought 10 washable nappies in birth to potty size with 20 inners. im planning to use those the most but to go the first few weeks on disposies til i get used to everything. saves a fortune. 40 quid for the washables so far and even if i buy 10 more at 40 again it wont add up to how much id spend on disposables over the first couple of years. plus they look so cute!
SAM_0336.jpg

ive got size 1 huggies and pampers and i bought 10 washable nappies in birth to potty size with 20 inners. im planning to use those the most but to go the first few weeks on disposies til i get used to everything. saves a fortune. 40 quid for the washables so far and even if i buy 10 more at 40 again it wont add up to how much id spend on disposables over the first couple of years. plus they look so cute!
SAM_0336.jpg

I'm going to do the same and try using these when we are at home and within running distance of the washing machine lol

yeah, when out or if someone else is babysitting then disposables are easier.
omg tho the washables ones are so fuzzy and soft too. the ones i have with hearts and the cow pattern are soft on the outside and the stars ones are smooth and waterproof feeling without being that horrid plastic feel stuff....i actually could cuddle those nappies lol. long as theyre not used and waiting for a wash!

Cos we haven't got a lot of room to stockpile I'm using this company.....

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs...isplay26_5102_10751_14552_brand_set_-1__10001

250 nappies delivered to the door for 20 quid :shock: too good to pass up and no trekking down to tesco's in my nightie at 3 am lol xxxxxxxxx

I have bought the ones from kiddicare too because they had really good reviews and it works out cheaper to buy in bulk like that. Handy that they get delivered to u as well! I bought one box of the smallest nappies and one box of the next size up for now. I think I might need to get more of the smaller ones but I will wait until baby arrives to see how big he is before I do! :)

Thank you for all the replies ladies! it has been really helpful, i hope they do the £1 offer again soon, then i can stock up. think i will just pick size ones up when they are on offer :)

Bev - they look very cool, to be honest i never considered using re useable nappie, somethin i should look into i think. xxx

i just have to try since i cant really afford a few grand over the years lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back