My WTF?? OPKs!! Never think you have it sussed!!

maybe baby

Reaction score
Hey Girls!

What do you think of my OPKs?

They're from the Clear Blue Digital reader and so far I've had no smiley face, however I think that I may have peaked already and the lines weren't dark enough for a smile- when I've had a smile before the test line usually is as dark as the control one.

If you look at the picture I seemed to peak on CD 15 and 16 and have got a lighter line today,
I have checked my cervix and it is SHOW, soft high open and wet and also I had twinges yesterday that I thought was OV.

Do you think I have OVd?

I'm going to keep to keep on testing and make sure but I suspect I already have.

Any one else using the Clearblue Digital OPKs, do you always get a smile?

xx

Attachments

• OPKs Nov.jpg
    OPKs Nov.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
hey hun

how long is your cycle and what day do you normally ov?

i have always got a smiley face but my ov does change by a few days occassionally. i'm wondering whether you haven't ov'd yet as when i do on the cbd opk the darkest line is usually darker than urs although it could be the pictures xx

they do look darker on cd 15/16 i would keep testing and see what happens but bd plenty!
i have the same tests but am starting with the next cycle

So you are cd 17 today?

I would have guessed that you peaked on cd 16 if at all, and that means you would ovulate on either 16, 17 or 18.

I can't really comment on the smily face.

I use the clear blue fertility monitor, and i would expect them to have the same reliability as clear blue digi and i find them to be very reliable at detecting the surge which is what concerns me a little.

That said, i'm sure they aren't completely infallible :)

If i was in your shoes, i'd test again tomorrow and make sure the second line is fading and if it is then i think it's safe to assume your done OVin this cycle ;)

In my cbfm manual it states that if you don't get a peak (smiley face) for a couple of cycles in a row that it is worth mentioning to your GP.

Last edited:
i would agree that the cbd are very reliable. i wonder if you got a dud one? x

hey hun

how long is your cycle and what day do you normally ov?

i have always got a smiley face but my ov does change by a few days occassionally. i'm wondering whether you haven't ov'd yet as when i do on the cbd opk the darkest line is usually darker than urs although it could be the pictures xx

Hi Hun,

Until October's cycle I was always 38 days and then in October I think I missed OV and then ended up with a 30 day cycle.

I assume I OVd on CD15/16 last cycle but as I hadn't started my OPKs I guess I don't know for sure?

I know what you mean about the line being dark as mine usually is too.

I guess I'll have to just wait and see...

xx

So you are cd 17 today?

I would have guessed that you peaked on cd 16 if at all, and that means you would ovulate on either 16, 17 or 18.

I can't really comment on the smily face.

I use the clear blue fertility monitor, and i would expect them to have the same reliability as clear blue digi and i find them to be very reliable at detecting the surge which is what concerns me a little.

That said, i'm sure they aren't completely infallible :)

If i was in your shoes, i'd test again tomorrow and make sure the second line is fading and if it is then i think it's safe to assume your done OVin this cycle ;)

In my cbfm manual it states that if you don't get a peak (smiley face) for a couple of cycles in a row that it is worth mentioning to your GP.

Hi Louise,

yeah, I'm just going to keep testing, I really hope I didn't have an anovulatory cycle last month and am going to have one this month too!

Time will tell I guess.

I'll post tomorrows anyway..

xx

if it's the case that your cycle has varied recently i think you probably haven't ov'd yet or are approaching fast. either way i woudl spend this week bd'ing just in case there is something wrong with the test.

ive just checked mine since july and its been:

july - cd18
august - cd15
september - cd14
october - cd16

so a bit varied really, maybe yours is still to come. as i say i have always had the smiley face and it usually stays for a day or two which makes me think it would have picked it up at some point!!? xx

hun, look Im not sure but I dont think youve ovd yet at the look of those, they just dont seem dark enough or maybe I misunderstood your question> Sorry not much help didnt want to read and run x

Hi Maybe
CD16 looks the darkest; I had a test just like that one and I took it as OV/surge (I may be wrong though as this is my first month using OPK's and I got really peed off with them after about 8 days).
Did you have any other *normal* OV symptoms?
x

Hi Girls,

Well here's todays OPK with the others, I think it's definitely darker, hopefully OV is on the way, my cervix is very 'show' so signs are good.

Although it better hurry up as Hubby goes away next Thursday!

If I trust my body OVs on the way, but who knows?

xx

Attachments

• Nov CD18.jpg
    Nov CD18.jpg
    420 KB · Views: 35
Today's line does look more solid :) Maybe cd 16 looks darker because it seems to have concentrated into a thin line...

You're cutting it fine for Thursday! Keep up the bd'in ;)

yeah today looks more like it, hopefully you will get the smiley face tomorrow xx

Annoying! CD 18 now, still no smile!

Hope I'm not on a 38 day cycle again!

xx

Attachments

• CD 19.jpg
    CD 19.jpg
    498.2 KB · Views: 18
Looks darker though (on my iPhone) so it's in the right direction :)

Fingers crossed to get your smiley face later today, I had a total negative in the morning that turned positive in the early evening xx

I don't usually bother testing in the evening Louise, as I've always got my positives in the morning.

I'm spending a fortune on the Clear Blue Digitals and i'm already going through 20 a cycle at £40 a go so best not start testing twice.

I'm scared to change now too as I'm used to them, maybe I should buy some cheapies to use aswell?

Can you recommend where to get them from?

xx

Oh, it's with you doing two tests on cd 16, i just thought it was something you did :oooo:

CLICK Here is where i got my cheapo hpts and they are fine, no complaints with the item or the seller - arrived quickly etc. Sure the postage seems high but overall it works out at less than 20p a test.

EDIT - just read it say ultra sensitive on them so i don't know if in your case it might make it confusing with lots a constant test line, but no more confusing than at the moment and i would still expect a surge to show. I'll see if i can find some less sensitive one for you.

Last edited:
Oh they sell them in 50's too, about 4p cheaper per test.

CLICK

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back