First time OPKs, have I had a positive?

Toni_Win

Reaction score
OK, so this is my first cycle using OPKs. I started using them on CD9 and as expected was only getting the control line. On CD13 I got the first faint line. I've attached a photo showing this test result and the ones for CD14 and 15 (which was yesterday). If you can't make out the writing, CD13 is the top one, 14 in the middle and 15 at the bottom.

As I hope you can see there is a faint line on CD13, a slightly darker line on CD14, and then back to a very faint line on CD15.

After I got the slightly darker line on CD14 it thought, right then, tommorrow will show a nice dark line, but when I came to test, it was back to the really faint line.

So I guess that means I got the surge in the 24 hours between testing on CD14 and 15. Do you think I'm right?

If that's right, then I expected my BBT to shift this morning indicating that I had ovulated yesterday, but no there was no change. So now I'm confused, if I haven't ovulated, why has the OPK gone back to a faint line? Should I keep doing the OPKs? Do we keep on BDing just in case?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMAG0035.jpg
    IMAG0035.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 47
Hiya

It's my first time with OPKs too and I took 4 tests on the day I got my positive surge. The 2 that I did later on in the day were fainter - looking at them now (they've faded a bit) they may be similar to the one you have for CD14, so that could have been your surge.

I think it may be still worth BDing just in case tho... let us know if your temp changes or anything.

xx

Thanks for replying, I know fewer people look at this forum compared to the TTC main one.

I had a spare 5 minutes at the train station on my way home tonight and looked at the back of a clear blue ovulation kit and that seemed to suggest that you do get the positive surge, then results die away before you actually OV. So I think that you are right and CD 14 was my surge, so I either ovulated yesterday or today, and my temperature will probably show a change in the morning.

We've bd'd pretty much every day for the last few days, and I'm planning to continue till I see a temperature shift. Or until my DH's cold really kicks in and he's bed ridden with 'man flu' LOL!

Will let you know if my temperature does shift in the morning. Good luck for the rest of your 2WW!

Hey Hun, what was your temperature like this morning? Did it change?

Sounds like you've BD at all the right times anyway. fx for your BFP this month xxxx

I think i should have posted my last post in here instead i have a very similar thing x im wishing you luck with this xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back