My wife is pregnant and says she doesn't want a baby

daleklb

Reaction score
I need some advice, my wife is pregnant but says she's he is unhappy and being backed into a corner. She doesn't know if she wants an abortion (I dont) but is afraid she won't be a good mum. She also is diabetic and epileptic to make things harder. I think it's a form of depression but don't know what to do to help. Any ideas?

so sorry you are going through this, is there anyone she can go speak to like a doctor or a counsellor? Maybe she is just scared due to her condition hun

I agree with Lynette hun its a huge shock finding out your pregnant along with all the extra hormones and changes to your body. Try and see her side of things although I understand that will be very hard for you. Ask her why she feels like this and suggests subtilly that she may want to speak to her GP about it. Dont let her think that you think she is depressed becuase that could make her een more worried. I think everyone worries that they are going to be a bad mum no matter what there age or background etc. Maybe suggest she signs up to here everyone is really helpful and supportive and it may do her good to talk to someone beside yourself and family (no offence meant) sometimes its esier to talk someone who you will never meet. I know a lot of things that I think and feel during this pregnacy I have not told my other half because I almost feel a silly but I tell the girls on here everything. I hope things work out for you xx

Ive heard of antenatal depression? maybe it's a shock. I would give her time and space and just let her know you believe she can do it and youll be there for her when shes ready. COMPLETELY back off and dont mention it for a few days xxx

Her hormones will be all over the place right now so she will say things she dont mean & be tearfull & angry etc. Dont back off from her! be there for when she needs someone too talk to, listen to her & give her attention - cuddles etc.

She needs to be reassured that she can do this & is not going to be doing this on her own. You are both in this together you need to tell her that & also assure her that she will get all the help she needs. Show her affection - too her she may feel like she is doing this on her own but it's up to you to make sure that she feels & knows she is not in this on her own.

You can also go see her gp ( together ) if she has concern about her health with being pregnant then am sure her gp will reassure her that all will be just fine. Best of luck!

Last edited:
thats what i would suggest doing first, tell her you can both go and see her Doctor and discuss what may happen during pregnancy with her medical conditions, but tell her there is no pressue. Its just finding out exercise you can BOTH make a more educated decision on whether to go ahead with the pregnancy.

that way hopefully the doctor will put her mind at rest completely and she might start liking the idea a bit more.

good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back