My mum is coming today - Not going to tell her

JJ Mum

Reaction score
Hi girls,

my mum is arriving at 615pm tonight , it's her birthday and I am cooking her bday dinner and cake as she willl have driven up from cornwall today.

After much dilema, I have decided not to tell her yet. She was initialy pleased when i told her at 9 weeks last time, then she lost the plot a week later and said #i had not thought it through and had rushed into it!. She may be offended tho when she does find out,that I didn't tell her early again, as she came up when I had my missed MC and helped me like taking me to A&E and to appointments so I didn't have to go on my own as OH had kids, she was a super star!

just hope she is not offended when I tell her later. I don't feel ready yet. Once I have had a scan then I will tell her , it's not personal. we are going to have a cornish holiday in july when I am 14 weeks anyway, so hopefully I will know for def by then and can tell them the good news.

Shame I can't tell her I've made dinner,callenoni ready to go in oven when I get back from kids swim lessons later- cake is all done, but my house looks like a bomb site, cause i'm too tired to clean and tidy it any more than I have, oh dear,even at my age... she is going to moan....:shakehead:

JJ at the end of the day, you will tell her in your own time. And after last time, I'm sure she will respect that. Dinner sounds lovely! If your house was spotless anyone would wonder if you actually had three kids, lol!

Last edited:
Do what ever you feel it right jjmum and sod the house who cares, let her moan. I must say I'm posively jealous of you having home made cannaloni that sounds so delicious and followed by cakes!!! Have a lovely time.

you can always white lie and just say you not long found out x

I didnt tell anybody this time as when eva I talked about having a 3rd my family would try and talk me out of it saying I had one of each etc why would I want another. So I didnt tell anyone till after my 12wk scan and when i showed everybody the pic of my little pip who could say a thing it was already here and my mam didnt even ask why I didnt tell her. Im sure your mum will understand too as she knews what you went through last time and prob knews you have done it for her not telling her xxxxx

I think your mum will understand after everything you went through last time Jenni x I bet it was really hard not to tell though! x Hope you all had a great time last night x my mum whinges at me if the house isn't exceptionally tidy!! It really bugs me x lol x

Do what ever you feel it righ.I told my parents the day after i found out x

Thanks girls,

well she came, she had a nice bday meal and then when kids went to bed we chatted , and she started fishing, so I lied and said nothing happening for me yet, then she had a rant about " good, your body needs time to recover , it's fbar too soon to be thinking of things like that!" , well at least she didn't say what she prob wanted to say which was " don't have another you plonker".

Well looks like I will only see her maybee once more this week till she goes home, and then I can lie low till later on!! thanks girls X

Last edited:
Thanks girls,

well she came, she had a nice bday meal and then when kids went to bed we chatted , and she started fishing, so I lied and said nothing happening for me yet, then she had a rant about " good, your body needs time to recover , it's fbar too soon to be thinking of things like that!" , well at least she didn't say what she prob wanted to say which was " don't have another you plonker".

Well looks like I will only see her maybee once more this week till she goes home, and then I can lie low till later on!! thanks girls X

Well hopefully soon you'll be showing her a lovely scan picture!! :)

yeah tell your mum when your ready its your body and you are going through all the emotions xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back