My little princess Ava Rose

I think sadly BF babies do take a little longer to sleep through the night (this observation is based mainly on the November Mummies thread and I notice that FF sleep better?) however I'd happily not have James sleep through in order to have been successful with BF'ing hun!

It's not forever and it really is the best start for Ava

xxxxxxxxx

I'm not keen on formula really if I don't need to, dh keeps going on at me to try it so I can get a full nights sleep. But it's not forever is it & tbh I think she sleeps quite well, it cud be worse.

So we had a bad night last night, I gave her dream feed about 11.15 but she wasn't that hungry & only fed for 5 mins, she'd had a big feed at 7.45. She was up at 3.30 but again wasn't too bothered & only did 10 mins, then she was up again at 5.45! We got up at 9am, but all day today she has been bringing up a lot of her feeds & doesn't seem to of really had a decent feed today, they've all been short & as I say a lot brought up after. Even her bedtime feed was only 10 mins tonight, I'm hoping she's ok. I started taking the pill on Tuesday, I'm hoping that's nothing to do with it. But it's the pill you can take while bf so it shouldn't, unless its got a different taste to it?

I got her weighed today, she's 9lb 2oz. It's not much really since her last weigh in & she has dropped slightly on her chart but not by much.

I have a photo shoot booked for Ava tomorrow, it's a 5 min free session & they give you a disc with the photos on, not sure what she's going to wear yet.

Xx

Well I decided last night to drop the dream feed & guess what? She slept from 8.30-6.30! So pleased & really hope it wasn't a one off.

Xx

Wow hun fab nights sleep im v jealous! !! X

Ella Faith 8/2/13 8lb 13.5 oz x

Felt great today for first time in ages, knackered now tho cos I've had so much energy today. Fingers crossed for another good night! :)

Xx

Well done for getting Ava to sleep through the night! We still haven't managed that with Harry... He seems really changeable so just when you think you're getting things sorted they change their pattern! Hope it lasts a while at least :) Also, for the FF, DH was always giving Harry a late night FF and he never slept through the night, so it may not be worth it for you anyway.... xxx

Last edited:
Well she didn't sleep quite as long last night 8.30-3.30. Still she's heading in the right direction tho so I don't think there's any need to try formula for her bedtime feed, hopefully she will just settle into this routine & sleep longer over time.

Xx

She slept right through for the first time! So proud, 9pm-8am & I went in at 8am to check she was ok....lol so she wud of slept longer.

Dh is taking her out this aft with his mate so I will have a few hrs to myself, so I'm off to join the gym! Will get abit of cleaning done too to try keep my mind busy so I'm not fretting about her.

Just booked 10 days in Crete for me & Ava, going out there with mum & dad but their staying on for 3 weeks. Can't wait!

Xx

Well done Ava! Though have to admit to being a little jealous - wish harry would sleep through! Lovely news about the hols, when you going? be lovely to get some sun eh?! xxx

Well it's going to be abit of trial & error I think, was awake at 3.30 this morning.....lol

Beginning of July, can't wait for some sun, it's been too long!

Xx

Ava is doing well, we're seeing so man changes in her it's lovely. She is so alert, she follows you with her eyes around the room, she smiles & makes all these cute noises all the time. She's great I love her so much!

We've both had a cold this week (well I still have mine), caught it off dh. Ava woke up with a snotty nose on Monday & started with a little cough yesterday, her old seems to of gone now. She had her 2nd lot of jabs on Wed, she cried but then a minute later was smiling. She was fine all day & then at 6pm I woke her for her feed & she was just screaming like I've never heard before. It was like she was in agony it was awful. She wouldn't feed so I went & bathed her to calm her down which it did. One of her legs was all red & swollen tho from the jab. But once out of the bath she was still upset, I bother to calm own & feed eventually. But she lept from 9pm to 8.30 that night bless her.

She was last weighed just over a week ago & she was 9lb 9oz, so she's still tiny. She's dropped to the next centile but HV said not to concentrate on how much she weighs more on how she is & she said she's absolutely fine.

Bf still going really well & expressing too, always have some expressed milk in the fridge or freezer, it makes life so much easier.

Xx

Last edited:
Awww shes doing so well need a piccie. Well done with the breastfeeding hun xx

Yep we def need more piccies :lol: :lol:

James slides between centiles and they just ask us to weigh-in a little more often, they aren't worried but do like to keep an eye on it.

Ava is a teeny little thing bless her, one of OH's nephews was bigger than her at birth :shock:

xxxxxxxx

Aw, sounds like you're doing great! :) harry has dropped a centile before, even when we were ff-ing, so it's nothing to worry about. Amazing about the sleep and well done for the bf-ing :) I would love to see some pics too xx

I'm hoping I'm not jinxing anything here but I think I can safely say Ava is now sleeping thru, so tonight I'm going to try get her to bed half an hr earlier. She's so good she doesn't even wake me up on a morning, I can get up,get ready & thn go get her up. She's normally just laid sucking her thumb.

That's another thing, she is a total thumb sucker atm. She's been so grumpy today tho I'm starting to wonder if its first signs of teething?

she decided to poo in the bath 3 nights on the trot this week! Naughty little girl. She's getting so good on her feet " has such a strong neck too. We went to our first mummy & baby group on Friday & they were very impressed at how strong her legs & neck are.

Need to get her weighed soon.

Here's a little piccy of the 2 of us.

34ef663265a34af88d8065c66d534dbf.jpg

Awww what a lovely pic. Clever girl Ava x

Aww, what a lovely smiley little girl :) love the pic of both of you too... Great she's sleeping through the night too! We're still not quite there yet... We think Harry is constantly teething as he's always grumpy lol! He still has no teeth tho :D all sounds really good hon xxx

Wow not been on for so long!

Well Ava is now weighing 10lb 6oz, she's on the bottom centile bless her but she is growing. Got a little worried last month cos she'd not put a lot weight on, but she's happy & healthy so that's the main thing. I am still bf & it's going well, she feeds a lot longer now, about an hr,sometimes an hr & half before bed. She's also still sleeping through, which is fantastic.

Can't believe how much she's growing though, clothes that were massive a month or 2 ago now fit!

She doesn't seem to like going to our parents houses & being held by anyone but me, she just cries instantly.

My husband told me the other week he doesn't want anymore children, we tried to talk about it the other night. He can't understand why I do & I can't understand why he doesn't. I was really upset, I don't want an only child, have always imagined having 2. He said we'd talk some more but I don't see any point, he's made his mind up.

On a happier note I go on holiday in 5 weeks time!

Xx

Wow shes doing really well hun! Bet ur feeling gutted bout oh. Need some piccies!! Well done on bf so far xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back