My little princess Ava Rose

Hey hon! Nice to have an update! :) I don't come on here much these days either tbh... That's great about the bf-ing you should be really proud of yourself :) I can understand how you feel about another child. Maybe your OH will change his mind eventually. Perhaps it's just too early to talk about it?

Glad you guys are generally doing well :) you must be really looking forward to your hols! xxx

So I mentioned in my last post Ava was going an hr & half for her bedtime feed, it was starting to stress me out because I was feeding her for so long but she was still crying wen I put her to bed so I was having to put her ack on my boob again. I was thinking of putting her on formula for that feed but wanted to wait until after our hols to make life easier. However I couldn't take anymore after Sunday bedtime, she just screamed & screamed no after how much she had. She was on my boob for 75 mins & then she had 7oz of expressed milk & still was crying, I was tearing my hair out & just couldn't carry on like that. So. So Monday I went & bought some formula, as it happened she was having a growth spurt sun & mon so that didn't help. She had 10oz of formula first night....lol. Tues & Wed she had some formula but she seemed to be craving boob so I put her on for a little bit & she settled. Tonight as been a dream, straight down no problems.

I feel like I have got my evenings back, I feel so much happier & less stressed. She just wasn't getting what she needed from me on an evening. I'm still bf rest of the time though & that's all going fine. I love that bond.

So I know she is only 5 months (this week) but I gave her abit of mushed up carrot to try on Monday, don't go down great & tbh I don't think she is ready for stuff like that. But today I gave her some baby rice & she loved it, mouth was opening for more. It was lovely & really enjoyed watching her.
Not going to start weaning her yet but just giving her bits to try & see.

Just over 2 weeks til our hols......yippee.

Xx

Me & my princess

7767daa2a4ea7de966d8dff9d76bfcc2.jpg

Awww shes doing really well n well dobe on the bfing hun xxx

Ella Faith 8/2/13 8lb 13.5 oz x

Ahh, what a beautiful pic of you both :) Glad the formula worked hon - we had Harry on 1 formula feed from the start at night. Can't imagine having to do a marathon bf like you so pleased you've got it sorted now. I would put off weaning for as long as you can - it's bloody hard work! Where you off to on hols? Hope you have a fab time :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back