My little princess Ava Rose

Sorry to hear about the mastitis hon :( I've had a few issues myself so i know it can be very painful... I'm sure the anti biotics will do the trick and hopefully you'll be better in time for Saturday... Take it easy and hope you feel better soon xxx

Finished antibiotics this week for mastitis, feeling back to normal now, my boob still hurts a little but generally it's ok. We had abit of a head wetting for Ava on Saturday (last week), just had a buffet at a local pub & invited family & friends, it was a great turn out. I was wiped out at the end of the day, think mainly due to not being well in the week, Ava was such a good girl & was fussed over, she had a pretty pink dress on I bought her.

They do this baby day at our cinema in town, they put a film on once a week where mums or dads can take their baby to the cinema. This week it was the new Oz film that I wanted to see, so dh came with me. It was the funniest experience ever, all these new mums with their babies watching a film. I really enjoyed it & will defo go again but dh wasn't too keen on all the crying babies....lol.

I've booked us onto our first mummy & baby class next week, it's called baby sensory. It's all lights, sounds etc for babies. I'm not sure if she's abit young but we'll see what it's like, I've only signed up to 3 classes. I want to get booked onto some swimming classes with her soon, they are so expensive tho. It's like £90 for 10 classes!

Ava has her 1st set of jabs on Wed, I'm really nervous & hoping dh will be back from work to come with me.

xx

Good to hear ur feeling better and Avas doing well. Want to see this picture of her dress!! X

Ella Faith 8/2/13 8lb 13.5 oz x

I have 2 pics, one with her great grandma but u can't see the dress very well & another I took before we left but she was crying...lol

B4B12A02-4547-4241-BAAA-A9DC501DBAE2-8378-00000989D5BA5906.jpg

40ADC1F9-4D3C-41D6-A481-CD5325C2EEC9-8378-00000989ED67EEFD.jpg

Aw, lovely pics :) i like the 2nd one - looks like she's doing the 'staying alive' dance lol! Glad your boobs have recovered and all went well with the head wetting. I'm thinking about taking Harry to learn baby signing as I really want to be able to understand him better... Hope you enjoy the classes and good luck with the jabs. it's definitely worse for us than them xxx

We've been dtd now for a couple of weeks, only a few times though. But I'm still feeling sore down there, all my stitches have gone & it looks healed just abit red still. But I'm finding it quite painful during sex, it sort of stings & I am just not enjoying it at all. My HV said a few weeks back I will be sore down there for a while, but how long should I wait before I go see the dr?
I want to feel that intimacy again but atm I just can't bare sex, I feel bad too cos I know dh really wants the intimacy as well.

I've cancelled baby sensory class, I decided she's too young & will probably just sleep through it. Ill wait until she's abit older & has more awake time.

So Ava slept in her own room last night for the 1st time, she was fine, she sleeps anywhere! It felt weird for me tho, it was like how it used to be before she arrived. I couldn't hear all her little squeals & movements, I'd of had a nice sleep in too if the dog hadn't woken me up needing a wee at 8am!

Xx

We havent attempted dtd yet but scared :0/ wow for own room hun! I cant see us lasting until 6 months shes just so noisy! Does ava sleep through?? X

That dress is gorgeous! Glad you're feeling better now hun, that mastitis is a killer.

What made you put Ava in her own room? Is she sleeping through? I know we're not going to last until 6 months here, just not sure how early I dare to move him.

I feel for you on the feeling sore front. We've dtd once so far and it was fine, OH was just careful not to lean on my tummy. There was a benefit to a c-section after all x

I just wanted to get her in there before she out grew the Moses basket, I didn't want to go straight from Moses basket next to me to her cot. She doesn't sleep thru yet no, she goes about 4 hrs. But I am sleeping better I think cos I don't hear all her little noises. 6 months to me is just far too long to be sleeping next to me, it already was disrupting our sex life cos I didn't want to go to bed early in case we woke her! Might not be doing it much lol but you know what I mean. Anyway she is fine in there, if anything it's better cos she loves her cot mobile!

So Ava had her 1st injections today! I was so scared & I did have to stop myself from crying...lol. Naturally she screamed but she has been fine since we got home.

Xx

Last edited:
Im thinking a few more weeks then I will be doing the same xx

The sooner they get used to it the better, I'm lucky Ava seems to settle anywhere really.

It feels weird tho that first night.

Xx

Well done for moving Ava to her own room and well done Ava for doing so well on her own :) we haven't managed this I'm afraid as I think it's easier for Harry to be in with us right now due to his sleeping issues... About dtd, have you tried using lube as I think bf-ing can make you quite dry down there, so lube might help? the jabs are horrible but they do seem to recover pretty quickly from them. Thankfully we haven't got to do any more for a while... xx

Ceebee yes we have tried lube BTBH I'm not dry at ll, I'm quite wet....sorry if tmi! I think I'll have to go see dr & see what they say.

So I had a night out last night, 1st night out! Left daddy in charge of Ava, expressed lots of milk all week so there was enough for evening & today until alcohol was out of my system. Had agood night but I did miss her & was texting dh. Got abit drunk & was sick wen I got home.....oops.
Went out with my 2 best friends & then met some girls from work cos my friends were going home at 11. My friend told me she's 7 weeks pregnant, so happy! So there'll only be 9 months between our babies & my other friend has a little boy & there's only 9 months between him & Ava so we'll all have babies growing up together.

Xx

Yay to going out and having a good night! I miss Harry if I don't see him for a few hours too :) Ah, lovely news about your friend - that's so nice :)

Yeah, maybe you should see a doc - I'm getting checked out too as things don't seem quite right down there still... xxx

So Ava slept for 5 hrs Sunday night & 5 & 1/2 last night, I'm really hoping this is a sign of things to come & it'll get longer. I'm doing the dream feed now, instead of waking her up wen I go to bed to change her nappy I just feed her now & she stays asleep. I'm wondering wen to stop the dream feed tho & see how long she sleeps for. Some articles I've read say they just get used to this feed so I don't want to be doing it for a long time as it'll be hard to stop it then. But I don't want to be going to bed & then being woken up an hr or 2 later. I've put a post to see what other people's experiences are.

I'm going to see a film tomorrow morning with a friend who has a 5 month old girl at the baby club in town. I hope it's not as cold tomorrow, it's been so bitter outside I haven't taken Ava out for a walk since Thursday!

Mum & dad are baby sitting for the first time on Friday for a few hrs while me & dh enjoy a few drinks & a curry together.

Ava has barely slept today, she's maybe only had a half hr kip so she has gone straight to sleep tonight wen I put her down.

Xx

We saw robot & frank today at the baby cinema club, Ava watched for about an hr then fell asleep bless her. Went for lunch after, so we've had a full day of it today I'm knackered.

Ava slept for 4 hrs last night, think the previous nights were just lucky! Was chatting to my friend about giving her formula for her bedtime feed, she did it & said it worked her baby started sleeping thru then. But she thinks that's when her milk started to go. I don't want that to happen but wud love for Ava to sleep thru.

Xx

Coukd u express after shes been put down n then during night?? X

Yes I could express, it will just be a pain doing it every night. I think you can cut 1 feed out a week so I could start with the 5am feed one week then the dream feed after etc I think then you keep your milk supply.

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back