My first OPK!

Hi there,

Excellent pics hun!!!! I hope this is your time!! :)

Just wanted to ask a few questions on the ovulation tests,I haven't started using any yet as just wanted to bd,monitor cm and take the laidback approach.
However was sooooooooo tempted to buy some yesterday whilst in home bargains.

How long have you been using them?
When during your cycle should you start using them?
What time do they say is best to use them and how many would I need?

Sorry if I asked to much but would appreciate your advice and from all you other lovley ladies! :)

xxxxx

I've only just started using them during this cycle, which is my third. I'm not an expert on them by any means, when you start them depends on the length of your cycle and when you normally expect ovulation to occur. My cycles can be buggers - the last one was 65 days and the one before was 42. I bought 50 opks from Ebay as well as a basal thermometer but I haven't been using it as I wanted to do the relaxed approach too, all I've been doing is OPKs. :) x x

Keep testing hun, see if the line gets any darker and if you get any EWCM, I noticed loads of EWCM after BD-ing x

Will do hun, got my next test scheduled for 5.15 pm lol! Did you see the other pics on page 3?

It doesn't look QUITE as dark as the control line but so very close! x x

Both lines on CD19 look the same, they're not super dark but they are def the same and that's what the pack says, "as dark or darker than the control line" - hope this is your OV hun x

Thank you hun, I'm just worrying because it would make my cycle pretty short compared to previous cycle! I'm sat here thinking it's not possible for my cycle to be so short lol. x x

Thanks miss july!!

How much were they?

I had my coil removed in sept and it took six weeks for af to come,at the moment i'm just going by my cycles since then.
Last month my cycle was 29 days,im on cd 10 today,had a few pains yesterday down below rather horrible,like shooting pains. Have never noticed ov pains before but then never had periods whilst I had the coil fitted. Don't know whether they were anything to do with ovuation because they felt like they were lower but then who no's.

I'm only in cycle 2 of ttc but could'nt understand how we did'nt catch last month.
I calculated a rough estimate of when I thought I would of ov and made sure we bd around those times and fairly regular,unless I ov later but then I thought the little spermies can last up to a wk inside?

Matbe just wasnt our time but would of really loved to have fall because would have meant baby would have been due in august,now will have to wait a whole school year when he or she goes to school!
I only say this because this happened with my two girls they were sept and oct babies.

I no that is just being picky and some of you ladies have been ttc for months but always said I would try and get caught any time before sept,lol

Hope that doesn't make me sound shallow :(

xxxxxxx

Stanger things have happened, but keep testing just in case - good luck petal x

Thanks miss july!!

How much were they?

I had my coil removed in sept and it took six weeks for af to come,at the moment i'm just going by my cycles since then.
Last month my cycle was 29 days,im on cd 10 today,had a few pains yesterday down below rather horrible,like shooting pains. Have never noticed ov pains before but then never had periods whilst I had the coil fitted. Don't know whether they were anything to do with ovuation because they felt like they were lower but then who no's.

I'm only in cycle 2 of ttc but could'nt understand how we did'nt catch last month.
I calculated a rough estimate of when I thought I would of ov and made sure we bd around those times and fairly regular,unless I ov later but then I thought the little spermies can last up to a wk inside?

Matbe just wasnt our time but would of really loved to have fall because would have meant baby would have been due in august,now will have to wait a whole school year when he or she goes to school!
I only say this because this happened with my two girls they were sept and oct babies.

I no that is just being picky and some of you ladies have been ttc for months but always said I would try and get caught any time before sept,lol

Hope that doesn't make me sound shallow :(

xxxxxxx

I paid £10.98 total inc postage - that was for 50 opks and a digital basal thermometer. :)

I hope your cycles settle soon hun, I know a few ladies on here have had the coil removed and are TTC, perhaps ask in the TTC section - I've never had the coil. You don't sound shallow at all hun, I so wanted my BFP earlier this year as I wanted my baby to be born in the summer - preferably July as I got married in July!! How picky is that? LOL! x x

I know what you mean about doing all you can, I think it was last cycle we BDed pretty much every day and I still got AF. :( x x

cycle day 19 is looking really good i never got a line that dark!!
good luck huny x x

Thanks for thr reply hun

Yes it would be lovely to try and plan when you want your little bundle to come wouldn't it but I just think to myself it obviously wasn't meant to be at that time!!
Thats not bad for 50 is it,I'm not going to bother with tracking the temp just mite get some cheapy ov tests to begin with :)
How many times a day are you suppose to test?
xxxx

I only test once a day because I never know what my cycle will be like. I test in the afternoon as they say it's best later in the day - I do mine between 4 and 5 o clock. :)

You can buy cheaper packs, especially if you don't want the thermometer. x x

Once a day is great, don't go all obsessive & OCD like I did, went crazy with POAS!

xxx

Okay girls,I mite get some cheapies and go for it then :)
I'm on CD10 today so would it be best to start straight away?
Not sure when to start.
I've done a few ov charts online and a few have said different dates but according to the ones that added up to be the same my most fertile days will start from tomorrow,with ovulation taking place either tues or weds.
I think I may just BD pretty much everyday now til weds then BD every other day and go from there,if af comes I could try the OPT's next cycle,unless I get thm tomorrow!!

xxx

If you buy them now, you could be lucky enough to get them tomorrow. Mine were delivered the next day - and that was when the snow was really heavy!

Brave Mr Postman. :D

Even if you order them now and they don't come in time, you've got them for next cycle. :) x x

Lol Tracey, because my strongest opk was done at 5.15 I want to do this one at the same time to see if it's stronger. :) x x

Ooooh you do like to keep us in suspense Miss July.........

Almost there girls! I don't have an urge to pee so trying to make myself want to go lol! x x

Don't you know i come on PF at this time everyday to see your pee sticks........:rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back