understanding my OPK test

kc5

Reaction score
I have a 32 day cycle and am supposed (according to a 32 day cycle) to ovulate today May 31 or tomorrow June 1.
I test at the same time each day at 1pm and do not drink much liquid for 2 hours prior to testing. I am using first repsonse ovualtion test.

I took my first ovulation test on May 29 and had a positive, the control line and the test line both of equal darkness.
I then tested again on the 30th and again control line and test line both of equal darkness.
I then tested again today and the control line is really faint much fainter then the previous 2 test and the test line is really dark. Is this test today malfunctioning? I understand that if the test line is darker or of equal darkness to the control line its a positive but the control line is so faint and barely there especially compared to the test line, this is why I am confused as to wether or not it is working properly.
I know I am not supposed to test after I get a positive but I wanted to see when my hormomes would go down i.e. telling me when I had ovulated.

Any one else with this problem? Any advise would be appreciated, this will be our 1st child and it is a little bit stressfull ttc.

The dye in the test is carried over the test line towards the control line - if lots of the dye has attached to the test line there may not have been much left for the control line - as long as the control line is present the test has worked.

good luck :)

I too had a positive test yesterday. Today took another one and the line is now much lighter than the control line. Very confused? It is now day 8 (after the last clomid pill). Anyone know when I should ovulate? I took days 2 - 6. First day of last period 2 June 2012.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back