My first OPK!

MissJuly10

Reaction score
Hi girls, I decided to test today with my OPKs because I was worried I would miss it if my cycle decided to be short, last one was 65 days and the one before was 42 days.

Today is CD12 and I did my test about half an hour ago. At first it looked like it was just one line but after about 10-15 seconds, another one appeared! Fainter than control line but DEFINITELY there!

I have a very very crappy pic, my camera has died on me and can't find the charger but used my webcam so pic is not good quality which is a shame as it requires no squinting or wiggling or playing with the light to "make" a line, it's defo there!

A bit gutted cos you can barely see the line but it's much better in the flesh!

opk.jpg

I can see it clearly MissJ :good:

Isn't it lovely getting a second line for a change :)

Don't throw it out, keep it and then you can compare. Get a pen out and write cd 12 on it.

Yes, what Louise said. It's so good to get a line, you'll be over the mood when you get a positive OPK. :D

I also keep a note of the time when I tested because I've noticed similarities in colour at certain times of the day (like the ones I did at 3pm were closer in colour than the ones at 2pm, so I have a better idea of when to test). :)

Thanks girls, I have two new pics as I found my camera charger. :yay:

I've marked the CD and time in my diary. :) x

Pic Number 1 - Looks fainter than it does in the flesh but its a better pic.
opk2.jpg

Pic number 2 - Used my mobile to highlight the line.

opk1.jpg

oooooo like louise said its nice to get a second line
shame its not so exciting tho eh but shows that somethings in there :)
it wil show when u ovulate x x

Yep, so nice to see two lines - it's given me a bit of a fix instead of linespotting on HPTs lol! :) x x

Just seen you decided to use an opk hunny :yay:
Definately see another line there x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks girls, I was so ecstatic to see two lines I had to remind myself it wasn't a bloody HPT lol! Was nice to imagine it was for a few mins. ;)

Hubby was baffled by it, had to explain several times hehe! Think the TTC is starting to confuse him lol. x x

I've done CD14's ovulation stick, I missed yesterday because I was out all day with hubby shopping but we did BD. :p

Anyways, here are the piccies of CD12 and CD14 OPKs.

I will show you the edited versions as I had to fiddle with the contrast and brightness because the lighting was a bit dark and if I used the flash on my camera, you couldn't see anything! Lol! :dohh:

opks2-1-1.jpg

opkss-1.jpg

Orignal pics
opks2-1.jpg

opkss.jpg

Extra one which Photobucket won't let me edit! :(

opksss.jpg

Opinions?? I know technically they're negative but it's still exciting! x

Last edited:
They're just like mine - not positive yet but super duper exciting - its like knowing eveything is working ok!!! Great watching the lines getting stronger. I like looking at lines - I want to see more double lines at the end of the month too ha ha

Ah I know! I think I'm just so relieved to see lines at all lol!

I thought my CD 14 OPK looked darker than CD 12 but not really sure. The control line is pretty light, lighter than the IC control lines anyway.

Aghh I know, I'm hoping I won't have to squint at the end of the month either lol. x

Wow MissJ - looking good; CD14 is def darker than CD12!

When it's positive, both lines will be really dark and the test line will be darker than the control line; it feels like it well never happen but persevere, it will be SO worth it! x

Thanks Jen, I don't expect to get a positive soon though what with my cycles but I still enjoy seeing two lines come up. :p

The one I did yesterday came up straight away as well. :thumbup:

x x

Thanks hun. I missed the day after but did my opk yesterday and it's fainter than the one on CD14. :confused:

I thought it might have been the time as I took CD14's at half 4 and CD 16 at 7.30pm so maybe that's why it's fainter?

x

hmmm... i think the LH can go up and down during the cycle and since you have long ones they may start to get dark again gradually the week or so before you ov, if that makes sense? hehe

i'm still trying to get used to them too hun, its confusing, i'm starting mine again later this week,

Keep us updated miss july!

Thanks hun, I will do! :)

Will do one later on at the same time that I got my darkest one - 4.30pm and see what happens. :)

x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back