My Fertility Diagnostics

LouiseB

Reaction score
I return... victorious!

I went to my doctor's appointment this morning and they don't half make you feel like your begging for scraps.

She didn't look any older then me and she looked a bit like that women on Corrie married to Ashley, and she didn't allow any emotion on her face at all - indifference.

When i told her i was hoping for some fertility diagnostics she had to stop her eyes from rolling :roll:

I told her i'd been actively ttc since my wedding 14 months ago and she said that i have to had been trying for at least 2 years, so i pointed out on the Nhs website it says over 1 years :good:

She still wasn't keen and then i told her that i'd actually been having unprotected sex for several years at which point she seemed interested (phew).

Then she asked what contraceptive and i told her none at all, which is the truth.

She asked about hubby, and the fact he had be referred for tests (didn't talk about the results) seemed to be a green light too if another doctor had decided we warranted tests.

Once she was convinced, she started throwing tests at me :shock:

I've got to have a CD5 test, a CD21 test, a thyroid test, a rubella test (still trying to figure this one out) and i've got to take another Chlamydia test even though i only had one back in May.

I think if they come back fine that i'll be off for a tube scan/x-ray thing to check my tubes.

I feel nervous all of a sudden lol

Last edited:
hmmm there not interested most of the time anyway as is is not there life in question i wonder if thy ever visited a docter they would want the same treatment hmmm i think not!!!
god that does sound like a lot of tests!!!
but all in a good cause!!!
good luck hun and hope something is sorted for you :)

Last edited:
Well done you for not letting them palm you off!! hope you get answers!

Thats great you got what you wanted louise, docotors are too quick to fob you off! Glad things are moving along for you :) x

Thanks ladies :)

Apparently Rubella is something that can cause deformities in a foetus, although doesn't necessarily kill it, so should be checked for before someone gets pregnant.

I think they do it as a precaution if you are looking for assisted fertility, even thuogh kids get vaccinated against it, because if they create a baby for someone and it is blind etc then it might result in a nasty lawsuit.

I don't think it is actually fertility related exactly.

Last edited:
Glad she arrange for you to be tested even if you did have to give her a kick up the bum .... I find it crazy how the NHS works my nurse didnt ask any questions when I told her I wanted tests she booked me in straight away when I said it had been a year.... surely they should all work the same!!

None the less glad you got the tests you wanted now fingers crossed they all come back ok x

it is disgusting that they dont like giving the tests! stupid!

Well done Louise!

Fingers crossed for you xx

Great that you're getting the tests. Hope it all goes well for you.

That's great news Louise. Hope they all go well x

That's fab news hun! So pleased they're doing something to try and help hun. All the best for the tests. x x

Wicked mrs, glad it went well! I think someone recommended to me going for jabs (might have been rubella) before ttc, but I ignored it as wanted to try straight away lol. Sounds like you had a really good appt. good work ;) xx

If your anything like me I was booked in for cd5 bloods and cd21 bloods in june but between cd5 and cd21 i concieved doc reckons i relaxed cos i thought something was getting done, obv it didnt end well but u never know hunnie bunch! and remember hubby's sperm doesnt mean it won't happen!! just slims the chances a tiny bit! you can do it i know

sounds like what i was tested for :)
im sure all will be fine xxx

Glad you are getting somewhere. Well done for standing firm and not listening any of the drivvel they tried to fob you off with :yay:

Well done on the assertiveness, not that I had any doubts about your capabilities on that front :)
The tests are a great idea, I'm going to be asking for similar if nothing happens by next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back