Mums Wisdom

Talking of theft, when Summer was 3 we went to visit a friend of mine who'd just had a baby. When I got home and took off her coat I realised she'd only gone and stolen one of his dummies! The ensuing phone call was so embarrassing! :blush:

If your child is going to swear they will choose to do it in front of 1) the most conservative person you know 2) your mother 3) the mum at school who has 7 kids all dressed impeccably who eat beautifully hand made lunches and managed to look pulled together and lovely at 8am!

Everything is a climbing frame.

A bath is no longer a nice relaxing experience now it usually consists of child demanding to get in, some incident that only mummy can sort out or, my personal favourite, Summer deciding that the instant I get in is the moment she desperatly needs to do the biggest, smelliest poo in the history of the world (every time without fail!)!

If you're baking together they always always crack the egg on the wrong dude of the bowl, usually onto some kind of carpet

The instant you dress them in special clothes to go out to a party or function they will find the ONLY muddy bit in a 10 mile radius to fall into!

hehehe, I'm loving this thread!! I'm a mum to be, my only wisdom just now is with my OH, and I'm hoping this works with children too. I learnt from my mum to plant the seed in their head, and watch it grow, eventually they'll think it's their idea, Bingo! :) Or are children smarter than this??? hehe

:lol: Well I still have my R plates up but I am loving this thread!

1) I have learnt how to ignore the bang bang bang of a drum or the most annoying toys and still be able to hear the tv over the kids. The ability to switch off to the racket will keep you sane!!

2) A meal in peace is a thing of the past, since having children i eat at the speed of a stray dog just to make sure i get something into my stomach.

3) if you choose to eat infront of your kids, be prepared to share it or even give up your meal completely as it will be stolen.

4)Try to stick to a routine, this is not only beneficial to your kids but it will make sure you don't crack up and go mental wondering how the hell your gonna get everything done when the day only consists of 24 hours.

5) sleep? what is sleep :)

6) be prepared for every eventuallity all the time coz the one time you forget to take the most obscure thing out with you will be the one and only time you will need it.

7) Despite all of the above........having children is the best thing in the worl and you should enjoy every second of it as they grow up far to fast xx

Oh and they mostly only ever poop in a clean nappy :lol:

And will decide to pee once the nappy is just out from under the bum :lol:

Yes, as soon as the nappy is off they will tinckle all over and sometimes they poop on your leg lol xx

1) If you want to actually eat the chocolate you've just bought you're going to have to find a really good hiding place.

2) If you love something - put it away. (All DVD's are scratched, xbox 360 was p'd on, make-up smeared.)

3) A good bedtime routine is the most important thing that we can get right. Parents need time to recouperate...then they can take on the world.

1)

3) A good bedtime routine is the most important thing that we can get right. Parents need time to recouperate...then they can take on the world.

Something that this new baby will be getting from day ONE! :lol:

i've managed to acquire an asbestos mouth since having ella, when i was round at their dads last week dropping them off, i started drinking my brew, then realised i'd literally just poured it :lol:

whatever you're eating will be more appealing than what your baby's eating...even if you're both eating toast from the same slice of bread!!

when you're least expecting it they'll learn to roll over and will roll off the bed

the minute you put one in the bath/start feeding one, the other starts crying

any object they can pick up will become a missile, especially if it's something heavy and there's a pet lurking or its food

never look at something and think "thats too heavy they wont lift that", they will. especially dumbells...

dont be fooled if they look like they're beiing all loving and caring towards their siblings...that nice kiss and cuddle will turn into a smack round the face before you know it :lol:

dont be fooled if they look like they're beiing all loving and caring towards their siblings...that nice kiss and cuddle will turn into a smack round the face before you know it :lol:

Thanks for the heads up xx

and they dont realise they cant play with them, ella's had a few toys in her face cos she cant catch :lol:

oh and if baby's on the floor, they dont go round them, they go straight over the top!!

your not filling me with confidence here alice xx

its not as bad as it sounds honest!! they learn really quick, you just have to keep lookin out the corner of!! but i'll leave them both in the same room now to nip to the loo or something!

I'm bricking it to be honest, how the hell am i gonna cope :wall: xx

you will do hun, i was proper bricking it! but there's just something that takes over and you cope with it, probs just cos you have to i suppose :hug:

i'm really worried about how i can possibly love another child as much as i love Jacob. He is my world! But when i was pregnant with Jacob i worried if i would love him at all as with my my eldest i didn't bond with him and i have no maternal feelings for him. God that sounds so awful, i do love him, just not the way a mother should xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back