Back into normal clothes?

batgirl3111

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how long it took them to get out of their maternity clothes? Did you keep wearing your maternity clothes until you fit back into your pre-pregnancy clothes or did you go out and buy clothes that were bigger? It has been six weeks since the birth of my son and I am really sick of wearing my maternity clothes and know I have a long way to go until I can fit into all my normal clothes.

i was lucky i was back in my cloths after 2 weeks but i am not skinny anyway lol

I don't fit my old clothes yet... the tops are too short and the bottoms are a size too small. So I wear the longest tops I have as I'm still the same size, but have bought new jeans in size 10's instead of 8's. I did wear my maternity clothes after the birth, I mean nobody knows they're maternity so I didn't mind.

I think it took about a month for me to shrink back, although I went out and bought a few pairs of trousers in a size 10 which I only got to wear a few times before I lost weight with breastfeeding.

I went back into my normal clothes after 2 weeks of giving birth

i never bothered with maternity clothes. i was a size 6 before but i put on weight all over so i just bought size 12/14 stuff and when i got really big i just stretched them over my bump.
im still not back to size 6 tho im 8/10 i think

I wore some of the maternity stuff for a couple of weeks. After that I bought one bigger size pair of jeans and made do with baggy T shirts and loose skirts. I didn't have too much of a problem with skirts but I had to lose weight before I could get into my normal jeans and trousers. I only achieved that after 3 months when I'd joined Slimming World (and I'm still doing it!)

BTW the larger size jeans I managed to re-sell on Ebay for almost the price I paid! :D

I went back to a size smaller after giving birth so managed to get into a pair of jeans that hadnt fit me for 3 years!!!

Everybody differs. I dont get a big bump when pregnant and go back to normal clothes within a week of giving birth, however all of my friends are in their maternity clothes for a few months.

I was in normal clothes right after the birth and i threw away my maternity ones so I didn't have any excuse to wear big clothes!

Well I went ahead and bought a few bigger clothes and even though I know I have tons of weight to lose it has made me feel better to be in normal clothes rather than maternity ones. It would appear that I am in the minority having this problem though as everyone on here seemed to bounce back into their clothes.

I am still no where near my usual clothes 4 months on but i am getting there :) just had to accept its going to take time and i shouldnt have eaten all that chocolate when i was pregnant - it was fun though!!

I did wear maternity jeans for months after as i didnt want to waste money on new clothes which werent going to fit me for long...but i am now down to size 14 and most of my clothes aere 10/12 so bought some bigger clothes to make me feel a bit better now and it works!!

You will eb fine hun xxx

My pre-pregnancy clothes are all 10/12 and I went to an 18 by end of pregnancy :shock: I am now in 14/16 so a while to go before I get back into my usual clothes. I still wear a pair of my maternity trousers coz they are so comfy :wink:

Your not alone hun, I'm in bigger clothes. Used to be a 10-12 not I'm 14-16 :cry: Don't rush, took you 9 months to get that weight, will prob take the same to lose.

Some people are just lucky I guess :)

Thanks for this it really is making me feel a lot better about things. It is so hard as I keep hearing of people who just popped straight back into their normal clothes, is good to hear people who take a while.

You just wear what's comfortable for you, that's all that matters.

As somebody else has said, it took 9 months to put the weight on allow yourself at least the same amount of time to get back to your pre-pregnancy figure.

I got back to my pre-pg weight within a couple of months after giving birth but 18 months on I still have a tummy on me :) Thank goodness for M&S control pants!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back