mum in room??

lisa_davidson

Reaction score
hi,
just wonderin which of you are allowing mummy into the labour room? i'm really worried cos think my mum is expecting it but i can't bear the thought! she's one of those mothers who always pops in your changing room when your half naked which annoys the hell outta me! i just know i would lose my temper with her in the room cos she is so over emotional and completely opposite to me! what does everyone else think?

lisa xxxx

i was gonna hav my mum with my but my boyf said he'd feel awkward and left out so she won't be there any more. x

i wouldnt feel comfortable with my mum in the room. we are very close but have always had very defined boundaries. we are both very shy about out bodies. she hasnt seen me in the nude since i was about 11.

she came to one of the scans with us and i had to pull my trousers right down and i was really worried about her seeing my 'bikini area'- i completely shave everything and she would know that!! how stupid is that? [/list]

I had my Mum with me with Josh and plan to do the same if and when I ever manage to get pregnant this time. We had v clearly defined boundaries too - we weren't a wander around naked family.. :D But basically you don't care less once you're in labour. I found my mum invaluable for telling me that that's what supposed to happen at this point. At the hospital I was at the midwife didn't stay with you all the time but my mum did. I knew she had done this before (6 times) and trusted when she said not to worry.
Next time I hope to deliver at home and plan to have my sisters around me in the early stages and Mum and DH there at the end, my sister did the same and found it really helped take her mind off it.

I had my Mum in with me when Josh was born. She said she wouldnt want to again as she couldnt stand seeing me in so much pain and not being able to do anything about it. Although I dont remember all of it, he was back to back so yes it was painfull, but she said she had never been so proud of me the way I handled it. Awwwww I love my Mum :) Then she bawled her eyes out when he came into the world , bless her.
It was nice to have her there and had a good laugh at her when I made her try the gas an air cause I thought it had run out :rotfl: she couldnt stop laughing.

i had my mum in my room.

i recommend it...

shes been thru it obviously, and shes ur mum so she is gonna look out for you...

awww i wudnt want my mum to miss it for the world, hes her first grandchild and shes more excited than me! lol, cors theres the worry that everything is on show and the thought of ur mum seein ur mini is quite scary lol, but i really wudnt want her to miss it

mummytoBee said:
awww i wudnt want my mum to miss it for the world, hes her first grandchild and shes more excited than me! lol, cors theres the worry that everything is on show and the thought of ur mum seein ur mini is quite scary lol, but i really wudnt want her to miss it
trust me, ur in that much pain, they could get all ur ex school mates walking thru ur room and u wudnt care ;)

I had workmen wander in as they were trying to fix an urgent heating problem.....never noticed or cared.
They apparently went v white though :rotfl:

my mum watched as alice was born. it was lovely, because adam isn't a lover of hospitals.

I had a nurse walk in asking when we where going to be finished! someone was kicking off that they HAD to have a private room to labour in. :roll:

My mum is a midwife, so I would like her to be around during labour to help keep an eye on things because even though we are having our own consultant all the way through, he's not going to be there every second. I do not want her in the room for the delivery though - just me and hubby.

My Mum will be with me as I'm no longer with my boyf, and the thought of having him there (even though we lived together) makes me sick so Mum it is!!!

My poor Dad will be out in the corrider again! Last time he was at the Queen Mother's it was for my birth and back then Dad's weren't allowed in! Poor Dad!!!

xxx

Im havin my mum in the room with me, i dont think i'd cope without her there! I had her in the room while i was havin Summer and she was soo great helped me so much, even tho she cried when Summer was born lol, i wouldnt have it any other way tho.

:) :hug:

My OH thinks its werid but my mum will be there. I don't think i could do it without her. Ever since i got pregnant we have been very close.

I had my mum is when i was in labour with Sophie, she didnt come in with Alastair cos it was a section so had other half. I would totally recommed having ur mum of someone else with ya, my friend has just asked me to go in with her when she is in labour i cant wait :hug:

Hi

My mom wants to be as she wasnt around when i had Kiara but i think i want it to be just Bernie and I again . Do what you feel comfortable with :hug:
'Katrina

My mum was at the birth and she was absolutely fantastic. She was able to make tea for the midwifes & fetch towels etc as needed, which meant my OH could stay with me the whole time (I had a homebirth). My OH had said he may feel a little bit uncomfortable but when it came down to it he appreciated her being there.

I was a bit nervous about my mum seeing me naked, but I really didn't care when it actually came to it. I know it's been said before but you don't care WHO is looking when you're pushing that baby out!

Good luck whatever you decide.

I am having my OH and mum there. My OH wasnt sure, but he hates hospitals and is very nervous of the whole situation and i feel it will take some of the pressure of him and they can go for brakes and i wont be alone. I think having two different people there to distract you and pass the time will help, plus if you need to the midwife or anything from out of the room you wont be abandoned

I would most definitely not have my mum there... I could not imagine anything worse. She would be a complete nightmare. But then we are not that close! definitely a moment (or day!! :shock: ) for me and my DH to share on our own.

When my sister had my neice, my mum and dad popped in for about 20 minutes in the afternoon as they forgot to bring any change for the carpark so couldn't stay very long.. and then my sister saw them once again in the following fortnight! They are not the kind of parents that like to get involved!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back