Baby in your room?

hopefulmummy

Reaction score
Arthur is 6 weeks old and very noisy at night. He doesn't often cry but grunts and gurgles and generally makes lots of noise that wakes me up and keeps me awake. My mum has suggested I pu him in his own room but I'm terrified of cot death. He won't be saying with us until 6 months but I was going to give him a few more weeks. Why is it suggested that they share a room with you? I think if we had our own rooms I would only be woken by his crying I he wanted feeding. Now I feed him as soon as he makes a noise and I'm not sure he even dneeds the food anymore. Please help!! Xx

My mum said I was in my own room from day 1 but I'm not sure why it's recommended for them to be in with us for 6 months, prob cos your more alert with them near you.
Lacey went in her own room at 3 months and charley was 7 months but he would've been moved alot sooner, it's just we decided to wait until we moved house x x

Isla went in her own room at 6 weeks for the same reasons. All she did was feed. After a couple of weeks she settled well in her room and slept better. We did too as she woke us up alot. I have a sensor mat that reassured me in the first few months.

Emma x

---
-

My Lo was the same chick, so i put him in his own room at around six weeks..... i needed sleep lolxxxx. I found half the time he was making all the noises in his sleep so i would get up to feed him but the realize he was asleep. Best thing i did was put him in his own room xxxxxxxx

Apparently they should be in your room as it helps to regulate their breathing as they sort of copy yours

noone ever recommended for me to have LO in with us :shock: hes one now so its too late anyway, but I thought people just had them in their room for their own reassurance. If anything it gets more stuffy with all of us in the same room, no?

Yeah this random HV said he should stay in our room, something to do with regulating the breathing/avoiding cot death,,, but to be honest i cant see how that works. We sleep so much better in separate rooms, so a happy mummy (that's actually getting some sleep), surely means a happy baby :) :) xxxx

Last edited:
Tegan was a really noisy sleeper (when she slept) so she went in her own room just before 4 months and slept so much better as i think we may of been waking her up x

I had LO in my room until she was 6 months but I couldnt wait to put her in her own room! Tbh though, it would have been silly for me to put her in her own room before then because she still had a night feed and I couldnt imagine getting up to go in a different room to do it. I liked just sitting at the side of the bed.

LO was only in our room for 1 night after we got home :blush: he's never been distressed by being in his own room, we have a big chair in there so we'd have feeds at night there and OH wouldn't be disturbed.

I put her in her own room at 12 weeks - I've got a sensor mat thing with a monitor to put my mind at ease over cot death. My LO was also a terribly noisy sleeper in her moses basket so we co-slept pretty much from her being 4 weeks to 12 weeks, which is also frowned upon in a lot of places. Just do whatever works for you and you feel happy with!

Thanks for your replies everyone. I think 6 months is really unrealistic. I think maybe I'll put him in his nursery in a couple weeks. I know it sounds ridiculous but at the moment when I go to sleep without him, if hubby has him, I miss him!!

Matthew went into his own room at 17 weeks because he was noisy! I had a sensor mat which helped me!
No one actually recommended him staying in with me either!
XxX

---
-

amelia went in her own room at 2 weeks cause my husband had swine flu and kept coughing and getting out of bed which was keeping her up then se wanted to lie on us all night and it was the best thing i ever did she slept so well when she did go in her room x

I remember for the first few days Id put her in the moses basket and pull it right next to the bed because she felt so far away from me :blush:

It was only me in the room titch so noone to disturb :) It also meant I barely had to get out of bed when she woke up and I wanted more sleep so put her in the bed with me. Oh how I wish that trick still worked!

I've been toying with the idea of putting Jessica into her own room of late and am pleased to read that others have done this before 6 months. Jessica will be 16 weeks on Monday so I think i'll move her really soon.

noa will sleep in our room until hes atleast 2. We will keep him in his cot as long as poss n then he will get the bed room n we move out to the dining area x

Herbie is still with us a 11 months I've never been in any rush to move him out, I think I will wait till a few months before next baby is due and move him out :( xxx

We did it! We moved Jessica out last Thursday. I never really slept well the first night but we're all grand now! I can't believe how big our room is without her cot lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back