feng shui for the nursery

titch

Reaction score
I've not been happy with the layout of furniture in LO's room for a few weeks and I cant figure out why. Normally I move furniture around a few times before Im happy with it but being preggers I dont want to be pushing all the furniture around without a plan. Then someone on facebook did a status update about feng shui so I thought Id google it for nursery and see what it recommends.

First thing I read was a big no-no was to have the baby's room over a garage or open space :wall2: failed at the first hurdle!! Im not changing the rooms around now though....

also youre supposed to avoid animal/jungle pictures themes and avoid water or things to do with the sea I've got woodland animals print and 'I love you as big as the world' pictures which have a mummy and baby bear in them.

eurgh I dont like this feng shui business. Im no closer to getting an organised nursery!!!:roll:

Maybe just focus on where you put the furniture to save you completely re-doing the room :lol:

good plan! lol Im not redoing it now!!! I was pleased to see they recommend using 2 colours which complement eachother and promote calm, Im using greens and yellows :)

Sounds lovely :) Maybe you need to add something which you haven't already got?

yep, Im still bidding on curtains on ebay, found some which are yellow with green gingham pattern in a strip accross the top & green gingham tie backs :yay: theyre PERFECT! Just won 4 yellow crib sheets too. :) Once I get the soft furnishings in it might look better but I just dont like the layout of furniture. I keep sitting in there imagining how I might move it round!

Aww the fabric sounds lovely, did you win the curtains. Mine's yellow, and then theres bits of cream and brown in the bedding, curtains etc, really will get round to posting a pic and a bump pic this week lol! Did the website not give any tips of how to position cot etc? x

not really, other than your baby should be able to see the door so they can see as soon as someone comes in, but I dont think thats feng shui, more just helping the baby feel safe and calm lol. Recommends having the cot sticking out into the room rather than along a wall,mines a swinging crib so has to be anyway!

Im still waiting for the bidding to end on those curtains :coffee: no idea how much is reasonable to pay for curtains to be honest!! Dunno what to put as my max bid, if Im gonna spend a lot I may as well go to a shop and get them!

I think your nursery will be lovely whatever :hug: and I've ordered Elmer stickers from JoJo Maman so thats me out of sync with Feng Shui too!

Your colours sound lovely Tiny, I think once you get it finished you will be alot happier with it xx

All sounds lovely hun and i'm sure once the soft furnishing are up you'll feel batter - in my experience babes room change constantly anyway so by the time bubs is 6 month you'll be moving things around anyway!!! Post some pics soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back