moving over from TTC...anyone else WTT after abnormal smear test?

ams25

Reaction score
Hi girlies!

I guess this is the right part of the forum for me now, so just wanted to introduce myself! I was TTC up until 2 days ago when I got an abnormal smear test result and was told I needed treatment for pre-cancerous cells eek! Needless to say I was terrified about what this meant for my health and whether I could still have babies, as well as feeling very sorry for myself as I knew it would mean a break from TTC. It was only our 2nd month TTC after already WTT for over a year due to uni/work/career issues grr!

Anyway, I have been really lucky and got into the hospital within 24 hours of receiving the letter and had a colposcopy and further treatment yesterday to remove the area they were concerned about. I am waiting for them to confirm the area removed but keeping my fingers tightly crossed that they have got it all. If they have then I should just have another smear in 6 months, then another 6 months, then yearly after that to keep a close eye on me.

I can't bd at all for 4 weeks (4 weeks! Poor hubby isn't very impressed!) So definitely WTT for at least that long. Then I've been strongly advised to wait until I've had my check up in 6 months time before TTC again. Hopefully if that's all okay then can start again in June/July.

There's a tiny chance I could already be pregnant from this cycle (I am only 5 or 6dpo today so too far early to test)... But obviously I am really hoping I'm not now, in case I need further treatment which you can't have when preg. I don't think our chances are high anyway... We only bd'd once this month 2 or 3 days before ovulation which I was really annoyed at the time as I thought our chances were ruined this month... but now thinking maybe it was meant to work out like that!

I am gutted, but also feeling okay about WTT... Obviously health comes first as I want to be healthy and happy for my babies when I get them!

Sorry for the essay! Its just been such a whirlwind couple of days and not really had time to get my head round how I'm feeling, so its helped to write it all down. If anyones been through similar I'd appreciate hearing your stories! And looking forward to chatting with all you ladies to help speed up the next few months :D X

Oh hun, really hope everything will be ok, you must be going through a wirlwind at the moment!

I have not been through that but I know a friend who had the same thing many many years ago and they got it all and everything is totally fine now, she doesnt even really think about it and she has also got a son and is thinking of trying for number 2! :)

You get well soon and FX we will see you in here in 6 months time...well like you said we all hope to be in tri1 or tr2 by then but FX you will not be far behind hun!

All the best Michelle xxxx

Hi just wanted to say good luck with the treatment and hope to see you back in TTC in no time at all.
Best wishes
Daisy

Hi, ive been through this two times already and had my my first all clear one in sept last yr but was already ttc by then as i told them i wasnt waiting any longer. Fx they have got them all and if you want to ask any questions feel free to as i know what i felt like when i was going through it.

Michelle. x

Thanks so much girls :) I'm really glad to hear you've had the all clear hayes and also your neighbour pink butterfly! Can't tell you how much stories like that are helping me, to hear other people have gone thriugh it and been fine :)

My hubby is being a total star and looking after me so I am lucky. Hope to see you all very soon! Xxx

awe hun im so sorry to hear this! i cant imagie how you must be feeling but try and stay positive that they have got it all.
Like i said on your other thread, those 6 months are going to absolutely fly by and ul be back in ttc before you know it!
lots of hugs and babydust xxx

Hi Ams - really sorry to hear about all this :( I had some pre-cancerous cells removed when I was 20 (am now 33) - I can remember it not being the most pleasant experience in my life, but luckily they kept an eye on me and I haven't had a repeat issue so far, touch wood. Obviously I wasn't ttc back then, so don't know about that, but I remember waiting for sex for 4 weeks was pretty difficult for me and my bf at the time! So, just wanted to re-asurre you that things can be fine after a procedure like that and I really hope you can get back on the ttc wagon as soon as possible - will be watching out for you... :) All the best xxx

Hey Hun, I also had a colposcopy and treatment to remove pre cancerous cells a couple of years ago. Luckily wasn't ttc then but still having to have regular smears now. All felt like it got back to normal quite quickly though but guess its best to wait till doc says its ok. Hope the next 6 months go quick for you so you can get back to ttc as soon as you can xxx

Last edited:
Thanks so much everyone!

Ceebee and timtam thankyou for your stories, makes me feel so much better to hear others have been through the same thing and come out the other side! (Even though I'm sorry to hear you had it too!) Its surprising how many people have had it, I've just found out 2 friends sisters have too. I'm really glad you've both had the all clear and been fine since!

Ceebee I know what you mean, no bd is driving me mad already and its only been 3 days! Just really miss that closeness with my hubby :( can't wait for this 4 weeks (and 6 months) to pass!

You're all lovely girls, thankyou for the support!

I am so sorry!

My thoughts are with you and I hope all goes well!

xx

Aww, hope time goes quickly for you sweetie :) Pop in any time you like and say hi xxx

Shite hun - I must have missed your smear results....

So sorry to hear that you had an abnormal result as I know I was pretty blase when I posted on your thread about your first smear - you just assume everything will come back hunky dory?

The good news is that you have had it flagged and are being treated.

I know so many people that have had colposcopies (out of 10 close friends 5 have had abnormal results - only one of these had to have any more treatment than 6 monthly smears by the way!!)

I think WTT is the best thing for the time being hun, get your body 100% ready for future bub's!

Best of luck

xxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Aw thanks girls :) you're all so lovely!

Carnat22- thanks sweetie! Oh no, you were so reassuring on my other thread and not blase at all, I really appreciated it! Something like 92 percent of tests come back normal so I've been pretty unlucky on my first one I think. (Trust me to be in the crappy remaining 8 percent lol... I couldn't manage to get into the 25 percent who get preg on their first month TTC, and yet I manage to get into a tiny 8 percent of abnormal smears?! Lol). That's really reassuring to hear your friends have all been okay since too hun, great news! It makes me feel so much better to hear stories like that. Out of my group of 6 close friends who have all just turned 25 and had our first tests, I am the only one who has had abnormal. None of them even got a borderline result, whereas I am 2 or 3 stages ahead of that :( obviously I am so happy they're all okay but I've been feeling pretty alone about it all, so it really helps to know that its actually more common then you'd think.

Well girlies I am officially defo WTT now, after getting a proper stark white BFN for this cycle just gone (after 3 funny evap lines that had me thinking 'just maybe'!). I am only 11dpo but no sore boobs or anything so I think that's it, even though its early. A bit gutted but defo for the best I think, I would have been really worried knowing I'd had that treatment while preg as they don't usually do it on pg women. So here we go, WTT... again. I am not allowed to BD for the next 3 weeks on doctors orders anyway so at least that makes WTT a bit easier, its very hard to TTC when you can't BD haha! But I am going to be very impatient for the following 5 months! X

Thanks all xxx

Sorry for your BFN hon, but it really ain't over til the witch gets you - can understand your worries tho'... sounds like your being positive about it all anyway :) If you are in WTT, make sure you pop in and see us sometime, if it doesn't bother you too much... Good luck with it all :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back