Moby wrap and awake baby

MrsR

Reaction score
I love using my moby and Seb likes being in it, the only problem I have is he will not go in it when he's awake. He has never been in the fetal position and from being born has loved being stretched out so getting him in the sling when awake is a battle! If he's in it and wakes up he's fine. Anyone got any ideas?

which carry are you using hon?

Jasper only liked the FWCC at first with legs froggied and if he made a fuss when he first went in i just bobbed manically and he soon grew to love it :)

Is he getting too hot? Remember that if you are wearing the wrap, you are acting as a heat source so any jackets need to be undone and they need less layers than if they are in a pram/buggy x

Paige now has her legs poking out the bottom when shes awake as she got annoyed being tucked up. Have a look through the book or on the internet for different positions as big bump said.

Paige wont go in the wrap when shes inside and I think its because she gets too warm, so Ill keep stand up and moving when im inside or she'll try and throw herself out (obviously never manages it as I dont think its possible for them to jump out of it lol.)

jasper has always had his legs out :) he loves it and it keeps him cool :D

Thanks guys x I will have a good look through the book and persist.

He's not getting too hot as I don't zip up my coat and I keep a close eye on his temp. I very often get hot carrying him though!

I always had Toby facing forward with his legs hanging out (although apparently you're not supposed to have them in it in that position if they're going to be in there for too long) and he loved being able to see everything around him x

I always had Toby facing forward with his legs hanging out (although apparently you're not supposed to have them in it in that position if they're going to be in there for too long) and he loved being able to see everything around him x

this is really such a bad position for children... its like someone perminantly hugging you from behind whilst pulling your shoulders back!

i really, really would suggest researching such positions before trying them with any baby x

this is really such a bad position for children... its like someone perminantly hugging you from behind whilst pulling your shoulders back!

i really, really would suggest researching such positions before trying them with any baby x

I didn't know that (other than that it wasn'tgood for their legs to have them in that position for more than 15 minutes or so) - it was recommended to me by a friend who has been baby wearing for years and who recommended the moby wrap to me x

I didn't know that (other than that it wasn'tgood for their legs to have them in that position for more than 15 minutes or so) - it was recommended to me by a friend who has been baby wearing for years and who recommended the moby wrap to me x

I am amazed someone who has babyworn for years would reccomend that - i will find you a linkie

http://www.calinbleu.com/baby_carrier_facing_forward.html

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a4141725/why_i_think_forward_facing_stinks

there are some more scientific ones but i will have to dig them out and it is late

it is terrible for a babies posture though, which is obvious if you think about it, if someone came up behind you and hugged you tight from behind for a while it would pull your shoulders back and be uncomfortable

its also too much stimulation for young babies, same as a forward facing pram is not reccomended.

it also unnaturally straightens the spine and allows the legs to dangle uncomfortably, the great thing about slings is that the baby clings to you in a natural way (like a monkey would to a mama monkey)

will find some other links and possibly start a thread about this x

I'm not doubting you at all, sorry if it sounded like that - thanks for the info! In terms of stimulation he was 9 months before he faced forwards in it though, so he wanted to look around by then - just had no idea the position wasn't good for him as other than the bit on the shoulders he's carried in the same way as he is in the typical carriers you get from mothercare etc. x

hey - sorry if it seems like i am getting at you - i think its great that people wear their babies but its best to do it in the safest way possible xxx

i tried wearing noa in the moby today while i did the washing up, he just screamed :( i find it hard to know how tight to wrap him.. i really want to wear him!!

I have it quite tight. I think its personal preference. Like I said above though, Paige HATES being inside in the wrap, so maybe Noa is the same? Have you taken him for a walk in it? :) I love wearing her, shes so far away in the pram!

im too scared to take him outside as i dont feel complete safe with it yet.. i dont feel completely sure im wrapping him right and when i did it tighter his little head was all pushed against me and when i did it looser he keept moving his head in to my boob - suffecating! and im not sure how high up im suppose to have him.. its an art i hope ill soon manage!!

I have it so that Paiges head is under my chin. This is a picture of her in the wrap when she was 12 days old (so not much younger than Noa. I had her cradled in it, so in the fetal position, facing sideways. Just to give you an idea of how others wear it :)

Attachments

• IMG00038-20100818-1331.jpg
    IMG00038-20100818-1331.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 12
does it look right?

dsc01618_117244333.jpg

dsc01619_117244387.jpg

Aw Paige looks so comfy!!!

Evelina, I can't see the pictures, dunno why x

d4b78c2f-45d7-4ab4.jpg

It took me ages to be confident enough to let go of Seb in the sling! Now it's like second nature. OH's going to give it a go today!

hey - sorry if it seems like i am getting at you - i think its great that people wear their babies but its best to do it in the safest way possible xxx

It didn't sound like that at all - I'm grateful for the info :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back