Thinking of getting rid of my Moby wrap

Rayoflight

Reaction score
I don't know whether we're doing it wrong or my boobs are too big but the Moby wrap just isn't working out for us. He's been in it properly (for over 5 minutes) twice and both times was when he was tiny.

Now he is older he just hates it. I've tried every which way but I'm getting nowhere. Ideally I wanted to take it on holiday but he just screams when I attempt to put him in it. He just wants to be rigid and stood up all the time! He will sit on my hip on the side but I can't figure out if I can do this and hold him like this with the Moby.

Has anyone seen that Lifft sling? The Mum from Preston who's got it into all the major Boots stores? I meant to go and see if I could try it out today. Just wondered if anyone else had? I'm wondering if that will be better.

looks like it might be a little heavy maybe? it's a one shoulder design? we have an ergo which is ace-goes front, hip and back.

I haven't tried a lifft (or an ergo) but also found we weren't getting on so well with the wraps now that C is that much bigger. We're mostly using a ring sling on the hip at the moment, so far so good!

I tried my friends ring sling but she was concerned Blake's knees were too low in it. He loves being rigid, hates bending, so it's hard to get him to properly sit in it.

I forgot to go to boots to check out the Liffft one! Duh...

Ah right, cahal is a proper little bendy bum so sits very well in it. It's all trial and error isn't it - shame they're so bloody expensive!

I was going to say have you tried a woven wrap (I have no experience of them but I really would like one!) as theyre more structured and so he might prefer the support maybe?

Paige was a very 'stiff' baby for a while (changing her nappy was a nightmare when she did her 'stiff as a board' game) but as shes got older shes made herself a little more bendy.

Ooo I just googled the lifft slings. I was looking at one of these the other day but as put off by the lifft wrote on the front (how silly is that?!) but they looked good. Theres a fair amount of structured one shoulder slings around I think. Try ebay as you might be able to get one cheaper second hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back