Moby wrap question!

Hope81

Reaction score
Just ordered a moby wrap. I have a question though.
What do you exactly do during winter to protect the baby and keep it warm? Do you dress it in a snowsuit? Does it actually fit in the wrap of its dressed in a snowsuit?
Also how do you dress yourself? Wearing that over a coat??? Or under the coat and keep the coat open ifykwim?
Last question I promise lol, can I use that inside too when baby is unsettled to get going with cooking etc or I need to order sth less fiddly? Maybe a ring sling?

When DS was born (October) I would wear him in the moby under my waterproof coat. He'd have a vest, clothes and jacket on and then when it snowed I popped him in his snowsuit and wore him with my coat zipped up only part way. They do fit as the wrap is stretchy-which is why you can wear them from newborn until toddler.
I would wear him in house, especially at around 8pm when his colic started. Normally I'd just keep the sling on as it's not really intrusive once on and if he was fussy etc I'd just pop him in x

Thank you, I didn't actually think I can wear it all day and just pop her in when needed. That's a brilliant idea actually, we are freezing in this house during winter too anyway lol.
Hopefully I will manage to master the way to put the wrap on. I am a little worried about that...

You can also get baby legs which are like warmers for babies to keep their legs warm! Its good for both mum and baby to carry them a lot. There are lots of sling meets, libraries and consultants around the country who can help out if you have and problems working a sling out.

Only if I was leaving in uk lol... I doubt I will find anything here but I hope you girls can help me out of I have problems :love:
Baby leg warmers you say. That's interesting. Off I am to google those :hug:

Honestly after putting it on a couple of times it's easy! It was my absolute favourite thing we bought!

Oh and DH loved wearing DS as well! It was gorgeous to see :love:

Oh forgot you wasn't in UK! Maybe something similar over there though. I've not got a moby but everyone says they are easy to use x

My moby wrap was a god send when Sophie had colic! She cried a bit at first when I put her in it but she soon stopped and settled and went straight to sleep for a good length of time. It just helped to have a good hour and a half of sleeping baby with no disturbances and once you've put it on a few times it's really easy!!

Also loved our wrap! Wore it constantly for the first three months :). When it was chilly out, I wore it under my coat and just zipped the coat up around her :)

There's videos on YouTube of how to put it on. I found them a lot more helpful than the book the wrap came with.

DH and I tend to wear her under a fleece and zip it up round her if we're out. Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Thank you I watched those videos already and I think I know how to do it now ( I will practice too when my moby arrives if i fit with my bump in it that is lol)
I mostly worry how to position the baby in there, I am so afraid I will not put it in the right position or that I will drop it. I didn't even got so far as thinking how to get it out of there but looks scary lol

First few times I wore it I didn't want to let her go, wasn't quite convinced the wrap would hold her, but the more you use it the more confident you get. Even DH loves it. Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

The first few times getting K into the wrap wad a bit scary, but she quickly learned what was going on and actually knew how to position herself to make it easier to pit her in the wrap! Definitely try it on before lo arrives and if you have a doll practice putting it in. I found tthe videos showing how to put lo in the wrap were helpful too, but you probably watched those :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back