MMR

Misslarue

Reaction score
I got Dan's MMR appointment through the post this morning. Obviously we have been looking into the 'whole debate'
Not sure what we are going to do yet, need to read some more :think:
I know quite a few of us have it coming up soon, what's everyone doing/done?? :D

Willow is getting it. I haven't really looked into the debate but I would rather run the chance of her being autistic (it's quite slight isn't it?) than her get mumps and die or be deaf or sterile or something

I'm quite convinced now that the MMR is safe. The research that said autism was a risk was proved to be rubbish.
The thing that worries me is that they can get mini mumps and mini measles about 3 weeks after jabs plus apparently there is a risk of convulsions. VERY minor risk but still...

Zebra: I would def get it done hun, like you say the risk of mumps etc is not worth it. It's just do I pay for them separately?

Lucy, you def going to go nhs? Have you had Tom's appointment yet?
After looking into it today, OH has read a lot and thinks the risk is very low/non existent. We are almost certain to go with NHS, but its reassuring to hear that others are/have :D :hug: It's so hard not to worry about everything!!

I posted a similar topic earlier on. I've done a lot of research since and now i'm convinced the MMR jab is the right way to go.

The single jabs aren't licensed in this country therefore aren't regulated.

There's been cases where some of the reported single jabs have been rumoured not to have been sufficient and the child has had to have the MMR jab aswell.

Apparently a baby's immune system can cope with thousands of immunisations at any one time, so 3 in one jab shouldn't cause a problem.

:hug:

jack will be having his!
i studied early years at college and we looked at the whole debate and it really does seem to be a load of rubbish!
some children dont show signs of autism til around 2 anyway so i personally think thats why the link between autism and mmr jabs were made.
i also no i would hate myself if he didnt have it and then caught one of the infections, there life threatening at the end of the day! its a very personal thing to decide but thats my take on it!

sorry just read this thread again and realised you were talking about the single jabs or nhs. im gonna go nhs, it is really hard not to worry, jacks is next wednesday! will be comin on here for advice is he has any reactions to it! im scared already, good luck to all the babies having it soon :angel:

LucyBee said:
I'm quite convinced now that the MMR is safe. The research that said autism was a risk was proved to be rubbish.
The thing that worries me is that they can get mini mumps and mini measles about 3 weeks after jabs plus apparently there is a risk of convulsions. VERY minor risk but still...

hmmm im worried about the same kind thing - side effecs...chrsitopher is having his done this thursday but he also has the MEN C booster at the same time????????
im such a nervous reck over it all ready :cry: :cry: :cry:

kelly'n'jack said:
sorry just read this thread again and realised you were talking about the single jabs or nhs. im gonna go nhs, it is really hard not to worry, jacks is next wednesday! will be comin on here for advice is he has any reactions to it! im scared already, good luck to all the babies having it soon :angel:

were going next thursday....i think our LO''s are have the same birthday dont they ? 10/11/06 :think: :think: :think:

The 2 girls had the MMR combined and Nathan will be having it too. I'm not gonna get it done yet though. I took Aimee when she was about 20 months and I will take Nathan when hes about 18 months. I just think they cope with it better when they are that bit older.

Thanks for everyones replys :hug: :hug:
Its been very reassuring :D Going to go with the NHS, Still worried a bit but I guess thats my job :wink:

yep luke having his. autism link never proved, the research done was very small random sample and could not be proved.

Misslarue said:
Zebra: I would def get it done hun, like you say the risk of mumps etc is not worth it. It's just do I pay for them separately?

Lucy, you def going to go nhs? Have you had Tom's appointment yet?
After looking into it today, OH has read a lot and thinks the risk is very low/non existent. We are almost certain to go with NHS, but its reassuring to hear that others are/have :D :hug: It's so hard not to worry about everything!!

Yes, we're going NHS. Haven't had the appt. yet ... am dreading it!

I still have more research to do.

My GP was telling me that there's no link, the doctor who said there was has been discredited and may be struck off blah blah, *HOWEVER* one of the leading voices in my area regarding the link between MMR & Autism is David Thrower who's son has autism. His wife was my manager and I have utmost respect for her and if they believe there is a link then thats what I believe too. The MMR is made by Glaxo Smithkline, this is where I have a MAJOR problem. I do not trust that company ONE BIT.

I'm not sure what we'll do yet, I do believe there is a link but how much risk?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back