MMR

AugustMum

Reaction score
I know that Paige is going to be having her 12 month jabs soon and I'm unsure what I want to do with the MMR. She's going to have it, but I'm considering delaying it.

Is anyone considering doing this?

I need to read up on it tbh and figure out the positives to delaying but I do keep thinking that she'll be going to a childminders soon so maybe I should just get them all done at once. It just seems like a hell of a lot being given to her at one time. Huuummmmm....

My Childminder said to me yesterday I'll be getting texts every week saying so and so is ill! Isla will be having all the jabs at the same time. Get them out of the way. You do what you feel is right xxx

I'm considering delaying it, I'm certainly not having it done at the same time as the other jabs they give. Tbh i want to get them done separately but you cant get them like that on nhs and not all are availabe :-( I do want her to be protected though, its so hard being a mummy!

ES, yeah thats my thoughts, that I'm always going to be hearing of one child or another getting ill so the sooner the better.

I don't mind that they're all in one injection, thats fine by me, its just the amount of injections at the same time. The last lot she had 3 done at once and I wouldnt like to have 3 at once as it would really take it out of me and I guess its the same with our LOs. I thought about waiting until 15 months. Her first lot were delayed by about 1 month and Im so glad I waited as she had such a bad reaction. They're more likely to get a reaction for the 12 month lot apparently (this is what my HV has said anyway).

I will be delaying the MMR with LO, that's if he has it at all, I think it's too much for their bodies to have to cope with at once. He won't be going to a childminder or nursery for a couple of years yet.

Wrt single vaccines, this link is the most useful I've found. I found them after LO had a reaction to his 12 weeks jabs and ended up in hospital for 4 days - this probably does colour my thoughts regarding MMR, I just don't want him to be poorly again!

http://www.jabs.org.uk/pages/single.asp

Thanks for sharing that link hun. I'm so worried about ella having further jabs, she has had very mild reactions to each vaccine so far but after the bubble bath incident I hate the thought that she could react more seriously :-(

The whole vaccine thing scares me so much. I cant bear the thought of something awful happening to my beautiful perfect boy :(

My neighbour isnt having her daughter vaccinated at all :shock: I feel really upset about that cos we live in the same street and I think she could carry measles or something , and vaccingations arent guaranteed immunity. If my LO caught measles from her I dont think Id ever forgive her.

k, a friend of my mums first child took a reaction to the mmr , (which is actually a good thing as they are putting in a mild dose it shows IF ur child had have gotten any of these in real life apparently wudnt have survived) so her second child she paid privately and got them done separately (tbh wasnt a huge amount of money either) BUT her second child reacted to one of the jabs,

so

APPARENTLY

if theyre gonna react they will react to the individual also, and in my opinion madison got 3 huge jabs in one day it was literally 5 mins of crying and pacified with dummy bottle grapes and chocolate and it was over, i know that if shed had one jab at a time after the first she wud have been terrified so at least thats her now till shes five, i defo think its personal choice, and IMHO id rather the odds of the jabs than the odds of the diseases, so yeah my mums friend recommeded to get them all in one as it was easier to get them over and done with, but obv each to their own :D xxx

I will be getting them at 13 months as itwas previously recommened Maisie reacted badly to her last set of jabs so im not going to risk putting that ammount of stuff into her at one time xx

Yeah, see I wouldnt get the individual ones, Id have it done it one jab, but MMR is alot for a baby to handle, and to them combine that with 2/3 other jabs for different things as well....thats alot!

The injections themselves are fine, because as piglet said, couple of minutes of crying and shes happy as larry.

So will you be delaying the MMR for 1 month monkei? I think my HV just thought I was being silly saying that Id delay them, but babies cant tell us how they're feeling. I was wiped after the swine flu jab and I guess babies can feel the same.

You're right in that if they're reactive to the measles part for example, they will react to it whether it's combined or not. It's not the possible reaction that bothers me as such, it's the fact that his little body will have to fight 3 live vaccines all at once. I know it sounds horrible but I would rather he have mild discomfort from a needle 3 times than to feel like shit for much longer because internally he's having to cope with 3 at once. also I think that the combination of 3 vaccines is largely down to convenience and lower cost to the NHS. I'm not risking anything for that.

Like you say though, each to their own, plus I guess it depends on where you live and what servicesvare available. I'm lucky we live in a low risk area for pretty much everything, I would probably think differently if we lived in London for example.

Last edited:
The whole vaccine thing scares me so much. I cant bear the thought of something awful happening to my beautiful perfect boy :(

My neighbour isnt having her daughter vaccinated at all :shock: I feel really upset about that cos we live in the same street and I think she could carry measles or something , and vaccingations arent guaranteed immunity. If my LO caught measles from her I dont think Id ever forgive her.

I understand why people wouldn't want their child to be vaccinated...but usually their reasoning behind it is flawed imo. Most people say they don't get them done because the chances of them contracting anything is really low now. BUT surely theyre low because of the vaccinations?! Measles is on the rise for this exact reason.

yeah Ive heard that measles is on the rise too. To be honest, if it carries on rising, I wouldnt be very happy with my LO being in school with unvaccinated kids. If he did catch measles after being vaccineated, cos it was brought into school by an unvaccinated child, do you think the parents would be held accountable for the damage to the other school kids. Probably not :roll:

defo and i thought u meant getting the whole lot separate as in like 5/6 diff injections xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back