Easiest vaccination ever! Single measles vaccine - no to MMR

surely if one person doesnt have an immunisation and so does the friends and family creating a little pocket of non immunised people surely that then if one - just one of those people got it through a freaky mutation of a virus/genes then thats how a pandemic and serious illness occurs. .....

Saying that though, im glad immunisation day was a smooth and pleasant experience (as far as any jabs go!!) x

which is why its important to weigh up the risk of the disease vs the risk of the vaccine and make a decision to have a single one, not have one or delay them x

Its why we've gone down the single vaccine route - I do want LO to be vaccinated against measles and rubella (can't get the mumps jab yet) just didn't want him to be vaccinated with the MMR vaccine x

Learn about the harm caused by vaccine's so that you will not allow them to be administered to your children under any pretenses.

Precisely, many of my friends have had and continue to have their children vaccinated without question, they get their letter and off they go. I think it's important people realise that a) there is a risk in whatever decision is made and that b) we DO have a choice. :flower:

Its not just about 'vax or no vax' you can delay vaccinations based apon medical evidence, how many cases of Tetnus happen in children that arent crawling yet? How about Diptheria (caused by dirty water) or polio?

even if you believe children SHOULD be vaccinated against these diseases, vaccinating them so young is utterly absurd.

the ONLY explaination for it is that it is easy for the medical profession to get it out the way quickly so thats what they do.

It annoys me, very much, that when people discuss vaccinations, those for vaccinations ONLY cite Andrew Wakefield and have decided that because of that debarkle, they can ignore ANY other questions surrounding vaccinations. Actually even if you completely ignore anything Andrew Wakefield has to say, there are many other issues surrounding vaccinations and MOST OF THEM ARE WRITTEN ON THE BOTTLE!!! but people wont even read THAT and just believe what they are told

the WHO (world health organisation) does not reccomend vaccinations for any child under 6months.

so in this country we are actually completely going AGAINST that because we want to make it easier for women to get back into the workforce.

its sickening, and who suffers? The children... Again

Absolutely, nobody seems to look further than Andrew Wakefield :mad:

My Nephew recently had his MMR booster aged 3, a month later he was covered in bruises - he even had them on the soles of his feet, literally covered. He was diagnosed with ITP - low platelets - and started being treated. When I told SIL that ITP is a condition linked to MMR, I was lambasted for even suggesting such a thing. In fact, she shouted 'I suppose you're gonna tell me he's autistic now', which about sums up what people think. I can understand that she was upset that I had suggested that a vaccination she allowed to be given had caused it, but thought she might have at least looked into it. Thankfully he's all better now, but it cemented my beliefs about MMR nonetheless.

the thing i really dont understand about MMR, is they say that the reason autistic symptoms appear at that time is because of the age its given...

THEN DONT GIVE IT AT THAT AGE???

quite clearly it is given at that age because then it means they can hide behind it as a reason for it

the thing i really dont understand about MMR, is they say that the reason autistic symptoms appear at that time is because of the age its given...

THEN DONT GIVE IT AT THAT AGE???

quite clearly it is given at that age because then it means they can hide behind it as a reason for it

Also because a child is not eligible to receive compensation for a vaccine induced injury until they're 2 years old. And how old are babies when most vaccinations are given? Less than 2....

Horrible isn't it? When I was researching I came across a case of a boy who had died as a result of a convulsion after having MMR. Because he was under the age of 2, and you're not allowed to claim until the child is 2, no compensation was ever paid. Sickening :(

I'm just on this bit looking for some MMR independent research. I hate the idea of MMR. I remember reading about it when I was pregnant but can't remember now and my family are putting pressure on me to come up with some hard evidence. HELP!

It's really hard to find someone who hasn't been shot down in flames when they suggest the MMR might cause problems. And to be honest, after the treatment received by Andrew Wakefield, any doctor / scientist may well think twice before doing so anyway.

When I was making the decision, I read all the mainstream stuff (IE NHS info, BUPA info etc etc) as well as all the anti vax stuff. I found it pretty much impossible to find any research that gives a definitive answer, and went with my gut instead, based on the known reported risks, and the personal stories of parents with once bright bubbly babies who have 'regressed' socially, mentally and physically after having the MMR. Rather than find something to prove it WASN'T safe, I failed to find any evidence that could guarantee me that it was.

I kept coming across the term 'reasonable risk'. Risk of temp spike, convulsions, ITP, intestinal disorders, neurological disorders, immuno disorders - you name it there's a risk of it. That on top of the many numerous reports of children being really, really poorly, just made me think there's no way I can knowingly put C at risk, just for the sake of having 1 jab instead of 3. It has never been my intention for C not to be vaccinated at all, hence the single vaccines - I just can't see how it can be of his benefit for his body to have to cope with all 3 at once.

I did get some useful info from these sites:

http://jabs.org.uk/
http://www.nccn.net/~wwithin/vaccine.htm
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Vaccination-Information-Network-VINE/69667273997

For what it's worth, I don't think your family is being fair to demand 'proof' from you. It is YOUR choice. It goes both ways anway,it's as hard to prove there isn't a risk as it is to prove that there is, so maybe they should proving to you that it's ok! Many studies are shown to be flawed, biased etc etc. If your instinct is telling you that you don't want the MMR, then no-one can force you. Not having the MMR doesn't necessarily mean not being vaccinated, and you'd do well to stress this to your family if that is their concern. I am lucky that OH is very supportive of my decision, as are my parents. The inlaws think I'm just a stupid hippy mom, but I really don't care :)

LO had his rubella vac this morning, I don't think e even knew it had been done! No tears, no fuss, OH was amazed (he couldn't make it for the measles jab) and agreed it's the best money we've ever spent :thumbup:

So if u choose to not have the mmr one do u have to pay?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

'fraid so, it cost us £110 for measles and £110 for rubella. There aren't that many places that offer it either, we had to travel to Sutton Coldfield which is 60 miles away x

'fraid so, it cost us £110 for measles and £110 for rubella. There aren't that many places that offer it either, we had to travel to Sutton Coldfield which is 60 miles away x

:shock:

I think I am going to go with that guy in Sutton cold field too x

I think I am going to go with that guy in Sutton cold field too x

I can't rate them highly enough :) the lady who actually gives the jabs is a nurse called Heather, she's lovely, very thorough and very kind with the babies, LO is normally very shy of new people but he took to her straightaway! Let us know how you get on! X

People spend up to £800 on buggies that last a few years at most... these injections can make a huge difference to your childs life for the rest of their lives :)

I think its a few hundred quid VERY well spent!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back