MMR SIDE EFFECTS!

Dee1985

Reaction score
Was wondering how other mums feel about the MMR? (Measles mumps rubella jab)

I have heard allot of talk and debates about it, but I had my Daughters done at 13months she was fine no side effects.

Harley had his done 2 weeks ago, and I feel different towards it now. And I think for my next child I would be happier to pay the £130 x 3 for the separate injections.

Harley has been really poorly since day 10 after the MMR he sweats none stop has a rash from top to toe, cries none stop and now has the most nasty temper tantrums.

the Drs kept fobbing me off that he had a viral rash but last night a different Dr said it was from his mmr he is now on antibiotics has the worse diarrhea.

I have heard of children all of a sudden having extreme tantrums after the MMR and I am so worried that this will effect Harley long term :(

How did your LO react to the mmr?
Or if they have not been done yet – how do you feel about it?

Kieran had them all seperate, cost a fair bit though to have them done private

how much were they each?

i have heard £130 each jab? is that about right?

dionne said:
how much were they each?

i have heard £130 each jab? is that about right?

I think ours were about £175 each with Harley Street (I may be wrong :? it was 3 years ago!!), then of course they have to have the boosters!!!

I was under the impression the boosters are usually fine to give as one? As they are older and shouldn’t have side effects?

dionne said:
I was under the impression the boosters are usually fine to give as one? As they are older and shouldn’t have side effects?

Oh are they? coz Kieran hasn't had his as I thought they needed to be seperate, so we were saving the money up? No one told us that :x

its what my friend told me today? she paid for her children to have them seperate but the booster which they have at about the age of 4 is usually fine as the chances of them getting autism at that age is very very slim?

i might be wrong im just going by word of mouth TBH
but still there is no evidence to show that mmr links with autism. but i have read so many bad stories

Nathans due to have his soon and im not sure about it. I was going to let him have it done but not sure now after what you have said :?

Leah had a funny reaction to her last injection she leg was really sore, red and had a huge lump at the site of injection.

Im affraid I will have to give this baby the 3 in 1 because I just cant afforrd to have it done separate.

Don't know what to do about son having injection. :think:

im really stuck on this one as when i was in college i did a document on the mmr jab and it sacred the hell outta me so i dont know what to do i do know i couldnt afford the seperate ones

The research on the link between the combined MMR and autism has since been discounted. The person who was doing the research was being paid privately to find a link anyway and he used some of the children from that study in the study that he produced to prove that there was a link. Also there have been much larger studies performed afterwards which have demonstrated no link exists. Sadly it's just scaremongering by the media :(

I think that its better to throw caution to the wind as the things its preventing against are awful.
Its each mums choice though but i will get the triple vaccine for Joe as Jess got.

Hope wee harley is okay

All children can have a reaction to any jabs they have wether they are done seperate or in one go, it all depends on the person and how their body reacts to the agent injected.

As for the Autism side of things I posted in a simular thread quite a while ago so I will copy and paste my views on it from that thread here :)

Ethan and callum have both had the mmr and so will lily.

Ethan is being investigated for autism at the mo and has been for sometime, but I don't think that the jab has anythink to with children that get it.

This is only my oppinion but I've read quite a bit about austism and I think alot of the speculation if due to the fact that children start to show the signs of autism at around the age of 3, however I don't think this has anything to do with the MMR I think that it is just when children start to develope more in terms of speech, awareness and understanding so it is when difference between children that have autism and those that do not become more apparent.

That is only my oppinion though, and as previously said the link between the 2 is no longer being investigated, lily is due to have hers in the next few months and will be having the combined jab :D .

xSuzx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back