Millie Caitlin Mills 6.11.10 12.47am 8lb 4oz

vixxie77

Reaction score
Well not had the chance til now to write my birth story, but here goes! I apologise in advance for this long story!

I woke up on thursday 4.11.10 at about 10.30am with slight backache but thought nothing of it. Then about 11.45am started getting mild period pains then went to the loo about 1pm and noticed I was bleeding so I rang the hospital. They said definately sounded like the start of labour, to change pad and call back in an hour and see if still bleeding. Was then panicking as my OH was working 1 1/2 hours away! So decided I wanted him home and he came straight away, bless him! Waited til he got home before phoning the hospital again, they said had to stay at home til pains were 5 mins apart. Well pains gradually got worse, so painful, never imagined they would be that bad in the beginning!! :shock:

About 6.30pm I'd had enough of the pain and decided to go to hospital, they finally examined me after waiting what seemed like ages and said I was only 1cm, they could give me codiene but I would have to go home!

So went home and was in agony! Tried to sleep but every time I had a contraction I had to get up as it hurt more laying down! Ended getting mum to come round so she could rub my back! OH tried but wasn't quite hitting the spot, bless him!

Couldn't stand pain anymore, so went back to hospital about 11.30pm. Examined me again, only 2cm! They said they could give me pethidine but would have to admit me to the ward and OH would have to go home! So thats what I did. Pethidine wasn't great, lasted about an hour then couldn't have anymore for 3 hours! Spent most of night in pain, singing in my head etc trying to take my mind off it, had more Pethidine at about 4.15am and managed to doze between contractions for 2 hours, then it wore off. Asked for top up around 8am and was told you're only allowed to lots for whole labour!! They finally examined me about 9.15am and I was 4cm!!! :yay: Was so happy, could finally be taken to delivery suite and could have epidural!! The anaesthetist had been informed and had epidural virtually straight away! I was in heaven once it took effect, couldn't feel a thing!! :dance: It was such a relief after nearly 24 hours of constant pain!

Then spent all day contracting but not regularly, they decided to give me drip to make contractions more regular and stronger. Examined me at 5.45pm and I was 7cm, they said they would examine me again at 9pm, when I was 9.5cm, just tiny bit of cervix to go!! :eh: Examined me again at 10.30pm and was finally 10cm!!! :yay: They said they would wait an hour and start me pushing. At 11.20pm I starting pushing for my life, I wanted my baby out! Epidural had worn off so I was in absolute agony!!!

Millie was finally born at 12.47am! The first thing to come out of my mouth was Oh my god!!, I was soo shocked that this little baby had come out of me! My OH was in tears! It was so amazing!!

Then to top it off my placenta was stuck! After pulling and tugging they decided I had to go to theatre, they topped up my epidural which was bliss again and pulled it out and stitched me up, about 10 stitches!

I have decided after this awful experience that I will have caesarean next time, no matter what and am seeking counselling. Why my labour was so long and horrible I don't know.

I love my little girl to bits and don't regret a thing, just don't want to go through it ever again! x x

Congrats hun!! I had the same prob with the placenta after Laceys birth and it does put you off having another but I'm proof that it doesn't mean it's gonna happen again!! x x

Thanks hun! It was the whole labour not just placenta tho! 37 hours from first pain to birth! It was horrendous! x x

Aw sorry your labour was so strong, reading the announcements makes you realise how different everyones labour is x

Awww huge congrats, beautiful name xx

Congratulations! Sorry to hear you had such a hard time of it though.

Aww you poor thing! Glad your little girl is ok though :) xx

Congrats hon - u did really well with what sounds like a tough labour x x x

congratz!! i know what you mean, they are worth it but never again..

well done tho! :love:

Congratulations - sorry you had such a difficult birth. xxxxx

congrats hun. sorry it was so difficult for you xx

Congratulations! Sorry it was so difficult x

It's devastating when it's progressing so slowly and you're in so much pain. Well done you for getting through it though xx

Congrats! Am feeling the same about labour tbh. Never want to go through it again. Definitely worth it for my little man, but due to one of the midwives being such an idiot I went through a lot of unnecessary pain. Bleh. I've been advised to seek counselling too because it was so traumatic and I'm not recovering well mentally. Seriously starting to think hospitals need to do more to make women feel more comfortable during labour.

Congrats! Am feeling the same about labour tbh. Never want to go through it again. Definitely worth it for my little man, but due to one of the midwives being such an idiot I went through a lot of unnecessary pain. Bleh. I've been advised to seek counselling too because it was so traumatic and I'm not recovering well mentally. Seriously starting to think hospitals need to do more to make women feel more comfortable during labour.

Thanks hun! I agree and also helping to look after baby too! Hopefully get caesarean next time on nhs! x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back