Baby Smile born 9th January 2008

smile

Reaction score
Well finally at 10 days old baby is a bit more settled and is currently asleep in his cot after a good feed! yay!

so..... (note to mums to be - write everything down and take lots of pictures as it all gets a bit blurry once babe is here!)

I had some severe contractions on saturday night and ended up at the hospital as I couldn't breathe. Everything settled down so I was allowed home and all was well until monday night.

I had a show on sunday and a bot more on monday and then on monday night I started to have regular and increasing painfuk contraction. went to hospital at 4am by which time they were every 2-3 minutes and very painful. I was examined and although my contractions would not pick up on the monitor the midwife could feel them strongly. I was only 1cm dilated so decided to go home again although they said they would expect to see me again in a few hours!

On tuesday everythign settled down and despite going for a walk my contractions stayed at a steady 10min all day and all night.

By wednesday, having had no waters go and contractions for nearly 48 hours I went up to the day unit to get checked out again.

At 2pm I was still only 1cm dilated but while I was being examined my waters went. By 6pm I was 5cm dilated and decided that actually the idea of an epidural would be quite good after all! by this time I was on the antenatal ward and the gas and air was making me feel sick and dizzy.

Unfortunately they had TWO emergencies on the labour ward and had to take two other ladies for c-section so there was noone available to give me an epidural or transfer me to labour ward. In the end this turned out for the best as by 8pm I was fully dilated and wanting to push so the decided to delievr me there and then on the antenatal ward!!!

Baby was born just after 8pm but needed to be resucitated as he wasn't breathing. Weighed 2.41kg and was 43cm long! He stoped breathing a couple more times in the next half hour and had to be given oxygen by the doctors. It was very scary but all a bit of a blur for me so more scary for my husband I think.

the doctors decided to keep him in and give him antibiotics just in case his poor breathing was due to an infection. I am pleased to say it doesn't seem to hae been and his blood tests came back normal. By saturday morning he was doing so well they let us go home and he has gone from strenght to strength since then. :) :) :)

Glad all is well. xxx

Congratulations and well done. xxx

Congrats and glad your little man is doing so well :hug: :hug:

CONGRATULATIONS I am so glad all is well with him and he pulled through.

Enjoy

:hug: :hug:

Must have been scary for you both when he was born. Glad everything is well and Congrats. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back