midwife appointments in scotland

sophs85

Reaction score
hi just wondered if anyone in Scotland could tell me when they had their first midwife appointment, i'm nearly 6 weeks so i know it's far too soon but I know it's different throughout the uk and i'm very impatient lol! xx

I was told to go at about 8weeks, but I went at 6! haha. After that i had to go back at 16 weeks and next one is at 22 weeks.

i was told by the doctor on wednesday that i would hear within the next 4 weeks? x

I think I was about 10 weeks, what hospital is it? I was at the Royal (I think everyone goes there for very 1st apt)

xxxxxxx

i just went to mu local doctors with my positive test, I live in Drymen so not sure where they will send me. everywhere is miles away :(

I think I go to a local surgery to see a midwife??

Oh, i'm not sure ive never heard of that area. I live very close to city centre, my doctor confirmed my test & told me to wait for MW letter. It came asking me to go to the Royal (maternity bit), thats my local hospital anyway, I thought i'd be going to every MW apt there, but she said everyone (i presume within that area) goes there for 1st apt then it gets transferred to local unit. My local unit was a health centre just across the road, which was handy, and only went to the Royal twice for both scans...oh and 3rd time for birth obviously!

Did your doctor ask you or tell you what your local maternity hospital is? I got option of Southern General or Royal, coz both are close, I chose Royal coz had my 1st baby there.

xxxxxxxxxx

It's near Loch Lomond about 25 mins north of Milngavie so Im either going to stirling or glasgow, there is a maternity unit at vale of leven near me but I think doctors don't like it as it's a natural birrthing centre, so god knows where/when i will go. just want a date so i can rest, I have so much to ask! xx

I saw my midwife at 10 weeks, I had to call and make the appointment myself, didn't even see my GP. Very odd! x

that is strange! I wouldn't even know who to call. i'm going to give it a couple of weeks and see what happens x

i saw my midiwfe at 3 weeks where i live they dont get a gp to confirm a pregnancy anymore everything is done through a midwife x

I saw my midwife at 10 weeks, I had to call and make the appointment myself, didn't even see my GP. Very odd! x

Did you make an apt to see your GP tho??

xxxx

No, I walked into the GP surgery to make the appointment and the receptionist handed me a leaflet with the midwife number on it and said 'Phone them'. That was it! No test, nothing. They just took my word that I was pregnant! x

Last edited:
It has been 8 years since I was preg with my first and I only found out on Fri about my new wee bambino.. I plan to call docs on Mon and make an appointment anyways as things I want to ask and not prepared to be fobbed off lol x

I am in Greenock but my local hosp maternity is only midwife led.. so RAH in Paisley for me :( Not too happy about that x

oh...when i made the GP apt, I didn't tell reception what it was about ( they never ask what i need the apt for!! ) while I was in there GP confirmed it, put it on my record & sent letter off to the Royal.

xxxxxxxxxx

I saw the midwife at 8weeks then 17weeks and my next one is at 22weeks x

It has been 8 years since I was preg with my first and I only found out on Fri about my new wee bambino.. I plan to call docs on Mon and make an appointment anyways as things I want to ask and not prepared to be fobbed off lol x

I am in Greenock but my local hosp maternity is only midwife led.. so RAH in Paisley for me :( Not too happy about that x
same here my local unit is only midwife led so I might be going to paisley or stirling x

Hi there congrats on your BFP

I have never seen my GP in person since becoming pregnant either only spoken with her on the phone to confirm the pregnancy test then she said she was referring me to midwife etc and I would hear from them. Midwife phoned to arrange and appointment and I saw her at about 9-10 weeks seeing her on Thursday which Il be 17 weeks by then then she said she would see me again at 25 weeks xx

I had first App at gp just, to confirm pregnancy. Got booking appointment and 12 week scan when I'm 12+6 at the southern. Then an app back, at my local gp with the midwife there when I'm 16 Weeks xx

Hey there,
I had my 1st at 8 weeks, 2nd at 11 then will be 16, 20 etc after that. They said at my place (Cumbernauld) the 1st midwife appt is between 6-8 so you're totally fine to ring up and make a date now I reckon! My 1st scan is on the 11/5 at the Princess Royal in Glasgow and I'll be 14 weeks by then....time is standing still at the moment waiting for it! :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back