Antenatal Appointments

JJ Mum

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

I went to the doctor this week for my first appointment, she gave me a pregnancy pack of leaflets and it detailed the antenatal appointments you get nowadays,

4-10 Weeks GP
10-12 Weeks Midwife booking in
11-13 Weeks Early Dating Scan
16 Weeks Midwife
20-21 Weeks Fetal Anomaly Scan
24 Weeks (First time mums only - With GP)
28 Weeks Midwife
32 Weeks (First time Mums only - with GP)
34 Weeks Midwife
36 Weeks Midwife
38 Weeks Midwife
40 Weeks Midwife
41 Weeks Midwife

I have had kids before , but a while ago, so I was quite surprised that unless a first time mum, you now only have max 8 appointments with Midwife if you go to past your due date! plus 2 scans.

I'm sure they will contact if any problems, but I will go from 16 week checkup till 28 weeks without seing a midwife as only the scan in between.

Does anyone else have these worrys or am I asking too much?

If you have any concerns you can always go to see your doctor by appointment :D

By 24 weeks you've had your scan and babys heartbeat has been picked up at that and at other MW visits. I *loved* my doppler tbh and sometimes myself didn't see the need to be at the MWs they will make sure you have an appointment at the times they do certain bloods and water tests (which you have) and your scans etc

I wouldn't be alarmed personally :D

Thanks for the list- it is good to see how the appointments go. I'm looking forward to meeting other ladies in my area who will be due the same time as me - will that be at the antenatal classes or at these midwife appointments?

Hey dont worry it's all quite normal and similar to other areas. You can call your midwife or GP at any point in-between appointments and do not have to wait if you have any concerns. At your booking appointment the Midwife should give you a list of mobile numbers for the midwifes in your area so you can call them anytime and discuss anything.

Also i'd just like to point out that your list is not accurate for every area and i'm in Bedfordshire and its different to that. We dont see our GP at all and its all midwife care.

Dont worry too much babe and remember for any little niggles we are here on the forum :wave:

iv been told im higher risk so will only be seen at antinatal clinic at hosp which although im happy im going to be closly moniterd i do feel a bit gutted im not doing it like everyone else but at end of day as long as we get there saftly im happy

Thanks all for your feedback, amazing how much you can forget over the years!

I should stop being a pansy and quit worrying this time round, didn't worry once with my others, probably took it a little for granted.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back