Men say the stupidest things!

LouiseB

Reaction score
I thought it would be fun to see what stupid things our insignificant others have said and done regarding ttc that makes you realise that they just don't get it :wall2:

Ofcourse my husband has prompted this thread.

My husband was getting probed by his dad and mate (whose g/f is about to pop) about when are we going to have a baby. My husband mumbled something to inform them that we were actually trying.

My husband comes home and i'm checking my hpt's and he comes over all sweet and puts his arm around me in a comforting way and says:

"Don't worry, it took my mum and dad two and half years to get pregnant" :shock:

Last edited:
Omg lol i think men just don't think half the time...well just about all of the time!

awwww...i think that was quite sweet of him actually.....he will have thought that by saying that he was giving you comfort that it will happen........i know they sometimes don't say stuff how we would want them to say it, but i think he meant well.... xx

I'm sure my OH is trying to be comforting and helpful but .......

"It won't happen if you keep thinking about it"

and

"Try to relax and forget about it"

and

"It will happen when you least expect it to"

is not the best thing to say to me when I keep getting my AF! :slap: I do love him muchly tho :)

My OH's best line when OV time comes along is "im not a machine you know":roll:

I will remind him of that one when in a years time we are still trying!

I was talking to DH last night, trying to explain my opks to him and why I think nothing has happened for us yet. I said jokingly, "just ignore me, I'm turning into a crazy woman about all this."

He replied, "its ok, I was. I'm just pretending to listen, so you carrying on talking!"

Grrrr....men!!

Louise and traci both of you just made me burst out laughing! very funny, louise i think your OH was deffo trying to comfort you lol! xx

My OH keeps saying "I don't want too wait long" and I'm like aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhh!
I could punch him! But of course I stay calm and say, "well - it could take time, up to a year, 90% of couples conceive the first year, but it could be longer and not that easy etc" Of course I am also thinking "I don't want to wait that long" but sometimes I think he just speaks without thinking!
Men... x

My oh just doesn't talk about it at all! I think I'm doing the obsessing for both of us. We were drunk a few weeks ago and blurted out we were trying - well I probaby did lol - and he did say that if I said I was pg he would be the happiest man ever (as far as I can remember!lol) Was quite chuffed to hear.

I asked him the other week if he thinks about it at all and he just said "now and again". Scream! xx

This thread made me laugh several times. My husband pulls the 'I'm not a machine' line as well.

When i suggested a little duvet action a couple of days ago he said "are you ovulating?" and I said "No, this is just for fun" and he said in a suprised voice "Oh, do we still do that?" He meant it too! I had to hit him over the head with a pillow

I'm sure my OH is trying to be comforting and helpful but .......

"It won't happen if you keep thinking about it"

and

"Try to relax and forget about it"

and

"It will happen when you least expect it to"

is not the best thing to say to me when I keep getting my AF! :slap: I do love him muchly tho :)

:rotfl: I do love that slap smiley!!!!

:rotfl: Oh I needed this thread!! Thankyou Louise for starting it! I have just laughed out loud several times!!

Yeah my hubby has used the 'I am not a machine' line too... hmm what else...

'You need to realx and let it happen'
'It will happen when the time is right'
In response to when I thought I was having implantation bleeding 'Lets not get too excited until we know' and there I was in tears of happiness!! :roll:

Great thread girls, I get all of your points! Lol!

Louise, he was being kinda sweet and reassuring. Don't automatically think it will take you that long i'm sure it won't.

xx

My OH gives me the 'it'll happen when the time is right' line as well.

He also knows when AF is coming before I do. Drives me mad. I'll be bitchy or snappy with him and then he'll say 'you're due on aren't you?' and that makes me even worse because he's always right and it means we'll be starting another cycle soon. :rolleyes:

Made me giggle also ladies!! Haha think they're programmed to say the same things!!

A very close friend of ours decided to open his mouth without engaging his brain the other day as my oh said something about their little boy & our friend said well when she (that's me) finally gets pregnant u'll know exactly what it's like!!! I couldve punched him!!! But held back only because it was the little ones 1st birthday & we were sat in the pub with a big table of their family!! & no-one else knows were ttc. Idiot!!!!

Mine hasn't said anything much regarding trying, but he often says

"I can't wait 'till you get fat"

Luckily I find that rather amusing, but probably won't when I actually have increased in size...

I've decided to not even discuss ttc with my dh.... I'm sure he thinks babies come from a stork! Just the other day I said to him that I hoped it would not take us too long to get pregnant, and how scary it us that there is only a 4 day window of actually conceiving. He said "really, I had no idea" you would have thought that comment would have followed with a question of " when is that babes so I know when to do my part?" but nooooo...... I wonder if he knows there is an egg......hmmmmm.......

I've decided to not even discuss ttc with my dh.... I'm sure he thinks babies come from a stork! Just the other day I said to him that I hoped it would not take us too long to get pregnant, and how scary it us that there is only a 4 day window of actually conceiving. He said "really, I had no idea" you would have thought that comment would have followed with a question of " when is that babes so I know when to do my part?" but nooooo...... I wonder if he knows there is an egg......hmmmmm.......

Yup, my ex's lack of biology basics was quite worrying! Very glad OH grew up with three sisters, who already have five kids between them :D

I think the only really daft thing he's said is that my spare room would be too small for a baby!! It had a 33 year old builder lodging in it for the last six months, there's plenty of room!!

Haha this thread is great. I'm glad its not just me who sometimes wonders why they say these things!

My OH always tries to be 'in the know', but he doesn't really know that much haha. Whenever I get af he says 'Oh I knew you weren't pg cos you didn't have any symptoms' I stopped testing, timing bding and telling him about symptoms etc after our mc, so he doesn't understand that I have symptoms every month just don't tell him..... hes so not bothered but then tells me he can't wait to have a baby - like that helps..!

and its suuuuuuuuuuuuch a hassle when they have to 'perform' isn't it?! haha ONE THING!! that's all they have to do!!!!

Ok, I'm done now. I still love him to bits x x x x

Unfunny, stupidest thing said to me today when I'm in tears and feeling low "at least you're not ill and are having to wait for diagnosis or life saving treatment." Then in a desperate effort to try to recover the situation (as I'm holding open the door to the dog house) "I didn't mean it like that, I was just trying to put things in perspective". Jeez, think before you speak!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back