***May 2020 Mums***

Had my 25 week appointment with MW yesterday afternoon. Such a pain as mine are always on a Thursday and I work Wednesday and Thursday nights so got home had literally two hours sleep as was really wired after work (busy stressful night last night) had to get up for MW, waited about an hour to see her and was only on there for ten minutes. Ugh, got back to bed about half 5 couldn't sleep at all then as had been up and about, no chance. Been so tierd in work tonight. Hopefully ill fall asleep easily today and wont be overtired this morning as I'm back in tonight again.

BP Was fine, dipped my urine which read 3+ ketones, MW asked If id had my lunch yet, confessed I'd not eaten anything since work the night before at about 6am, (MW appointment was 3pm, so quite some time), told me to go home immediately and feed baby :oops: as thats why my urine came back as 3+ and get back to bed. Had a listen to babys heartbeat, he hates the doppler he was kicking her constantly and kicking it away very very forcefully :rotfl:.

Hope everyones well? Xx

Awwww, active wee bubba, that's at least a good sign! I've started to notice a pattern in movement the past few days after weeks of virtually nothing. I get booted in the bladder first thing in the morning and get lots of squirming if I've eaten a big meal or something spicy, then lots of movement shortly before bedtime.

My anomaly scan went well, it was so nerve wracking though because she zoomed in on the same bits over and over again without saying much until she got what she needed to see and would then tell me. Absolutely fascinating seeing all the different parts close up though, like the mouth, spine, brain etc. We got to see him swallowing and the four chambers of his heart light up red/blue. Got some amazing shots from it too! scan5.jpg scan6.jpg scan7.jpg

Had my 25 week appointment yesterday too, not a lot to report, she said I had a nice tidy bump and that baby had a really strong heartbeat.

is everyone showing now? I am so in love with my bump, and dh is too, He’s always touching it when I walk past him or when we are lying in bed and often greets it with a little pat before he says hello to me when I get in from work lol. 25w2d.

I need to start making a list of everything else we need but I might save off buying clothes etc until after my babu shower as I bet I’ll get loads.

picked up our new car today, needed one that had a big enough boot to fit both a pram and two dogs in.

3A2333BC-652E-4C56-86B6-3183A4049ED5.jpeg

Awwww, active wee bubba, that's at least a good sign! I've started to notice a pattern in movement the past few days after weeks of virtually nothing. I get booted in the bladder first thing in the morning and get lots of squirming if I've eaten a big meal or something spicy, then lots of movement shortly before bedtime.

My anomaly scan went well, it was so nerve wracking though because she zoomed in on the same bits over and over again without saying much until she got what she needed to see and would then tell me. Absolutely fascinating seeing all the different parts close up though, like the mouth, spine, brain etc. We got to see him swallowing and the four chambers of his heart light up red/blue. Got some amazing shots from it too! View attachment 89765 View attachment 89767 View attachment 89769

I loved seeing the little feet on our scan! I love that you got a pic of it, we didn’t. Glad all doing well xx

Lovely pics @Jetina !

No bump for me at yet! @SugaryIris , DH said the other day, 'I'd never know you were pregnant if I didn't know you' :roll:, I'm 25+6 today. I wasnt really expecting one though, I have a lot, a lot of excess skin on my tummy from the weight loss and it must be hiding it. I just look like I've put a little bit if weight on, absolutely no bump at all. My friend who lives in the other side of the country keeps asking if I've got bump yet and I'm like nope. Dont think I'm ever going to get one.

Luckily we have a big estate car so no need to get a new one dogs always go in the boot of it anyway. Weve got a load of clothes, a crib, moses basket, cot bed, pram and pushchair. Just need to get a car seat now and other bits ans Bob's xx

Lovely pics @Jetina !

No bump for me at yet! @SugaryIris , DH said the other day, 'I'd never know you were pregnant if I didn't know you' :roll:, I'm 25+6 today. I wasnt really expecting one though, I have a lot, a lot of excess skin on my tummy from the weight loss and it must be hiding it. I just look like I've put a little bit if weight on, absolutely no bump at all. My friend who lives in the other side of the country keeps asking if I've got bump yet and I'm like nope. Dont think I'm ever going to get one.

Luckily we have a big estate car so no need to get a new one dogs always go in the boot of it anyway. Weve got a load of clothes, a crib, moses basket, cot bed, pram and pushchair. Just need to get a car seat now and other bits ans Bob's xx

must be nice in some ways though, not showing that much as I guess you don’t need as much maternity wear, I bet at the end though you’ll have a bump.

we’ve still got to get our cot bed and nursery furniture, I also want an armchair in there for feeding but it’s trying to find a reasonably priced and suitable one.

dh wanted to get an estate car this time around but I wanted an suv as I drive it most of the time and I’m only 26.

must be nice in some ways though, not showing that much as I guess you don’t need as much maternity wear, I bet at the end though you’ll have a bump.

we’ve still got to get our cot bed and nursery furniture, I also want an armchair in there for feeding but it’s trying to find a reasonably priced and suitable one.

dh wanted to get an estate car this time around but I wanted an suv as I drive it most of the time and I’m only 26.

Havent got any maternity clothes yet, cant wear some of my old Jean's though, just uncomfortable. I've bought maternity Jean's but just to big everywhere in me. Living in jeggins ans leggings atm. I literally don't feel like I'm ever going to get a bump :-(. I've put on weight on but my belly and boobs arent any bigger. It's so annoying. Theres still some people in my work who dont even know I'm pregnant, ans when hey find out they cant believe I'm that far along.

Were 28 this year, just made more sense for us to get a bigger car a few years ago because we have two massive dogs :).

I'm desperate to do the nursery out but will have to wait as my parents want to stay In that room after hes born for a few days as they live 100s of miles away.

Ugh back in work tonight and cant sleep. Its getting ridiculous now xxx

Havent got any maternity clothes yet, cant wear some of my old Jean's though, just uncomfortable. I've bought maternity Jean's but just to big everywhere in me. Living in jeggins ans leggings atm. I literally don't feel like I'm ever going to get a bump :-(. I've put on weight on but my belly and boobs arent any bigger. It's so annoying. Theres still some people in my work who dont even know I'm pregnant, ans when hey find out they cant believe I'm that far along.

Were 28 this year, just made more sense for us to get a bigger car a few years ago because we have two massive dogs :).

I'm desperate to do the nursery out but will have to wait as my parents want to stay In that room after hes born for a few days as they live 100s of miles away.

Ugh back in work tonight and cant sleep. Its getting ridiculous now xxx

Oh no! You’re really suffering with the pregnancy insomnia.

yeh we needed a decent size but no sooo big as my dogs are only two little pugs so they don’t take up too much room lol.

baby won’t even be in the nursery for 6 months or so anyway, at least in some ways it will be better to do it after the baby is born as at least you will know them then and that might influence the decor.

hope work is ok. X

Hey ladies im 21 weeks and to me looking down tummy looks different but no real bump :(
Just when i think i may be getting a movement pattern it stops as well which makes me quite anxious, but was also very very nausious this morning (most ive been for a long time) so guess all ok!

We got quite a bit for nursery, re: car we have 2 dogs who fit in boot. No real space for pram but we figured it will be quite rare we travel all dogs and baby together that its probably not going to be a issue and tbh we cant really afford a new car :( makes me feel sad as a lot of people seem to get a new car as well as a new baby yet we will stick with the lil yaris we have! Hoping it will be ok. :(

Hey ladies im 21 weeks and to me looking down tummy looks different but no real bump :(
Just when i think i may be getting a movement pattern it stops as well which makes me quite anxious, but was also very very nausious this morning (most ive been for a long time) so guess all ok!

We got quite a bit for nursery, re: car we have 2 dogs who fit in boot. No real space for pram but we figured it will be quite rare we travel all dogs and baby together that its probably not going to be a issue and tbh we cant really afford a new car :( makes me feel sad as a lot of people seem to get a new car as well as a new baby yet we will stick with the lil yaris we have! Hoping it will be ok. :(

I'm 26 weeks tomorrow and still dont have a real pattern. So wouldnt worry.

Also dont worry about the car, not everyone gets a new car. Baby is not going to know if your car is old or new at the end of the day so dont worry. Our car is an old estate car, but its serves its purpose so were not getting a new one. Xxx

I'm 26 weeks tomorrow and still dont have a real pattern. So wouldnt worry.

Also dont worry about the car, not everyone gets a new car. Baby is not going to know if your car is old or new at the end of the day so dont worry. Our car is an old estate car, but its serves its purpose so were not getting a new one. Xxx

The car we have isnt that old tbh but also sort of is (its 7 this year) its prob got atleast another 2 years in it. Its only size of it that makes me worry and feel sad we cant change it cause it is small. But i was talking 2 hubby abt this and he said even if we had a bigger car we wouldnt put pram and dogs in boot together and thats a good point (we have a very chewy dog to point where i cant even leave a lead on her during travels, id be so sad if she chewed pram considering it was quite expensive etc!! Haha). I think only time we would travel dogs and pram together would be if we decided to go on a big walk as a family (drive to a nature reserve etc) or possibly when we visit his family but then thats probably not nec even then. Just dont see it being a lot that we all travel together, but have to wait and see i suppose!

The car we have isnt that old tbh but also sort of is (its 7 this year) its prob got atleast another 2 years in it. Its only size of it that makes me worry and feel sad we cant change it cause it is small. But i was talking 2 hubby abt this and he said even if we had a bigger car we wouldnt put pram and dogs in boot together and thats a good point (we have a very chewy dog to point where i cant even leave a lead on her during travels, id be so sad if she chewed pram considering it was quite expensive etc!! Haha). I think only time we would travel dogs and pram together would be if we decided to go on a big walk as a family (drive to a nature reserve etc) or possibly when we visit his family but then thats probably not nec even then. Just dont see it being a lot that we all travel together, but have to wait and see i suppose!

That's where we're different. Our dogs come everywhere with us, and go on very long walks a few times a weeks (I'm talking like 10+ miles, in nice weather anyway) they also need the excercise, and we also like to be out ans active. They are going to have to get used to walking next to the pram before baby comes and we have been reducing the length/amount of walks gradually so that when baby comes it's not going to be such a drastic change in their routine. Their very good boys anyway, first few weeks they will be having smaller more frequent walks instead if long ones each day. Also when we travel to see family, they have to come with us because they live so far away. Our car is about 10 years old, still has a few years of use left, it works, is big enough and gets from A to B and that's all I really care about lol. It serves its purpose lol xx

Last edited:
That's where we're different. Our dogs come everywhere with us, and go on very long walks a few times a weeks (I'm talking like 10+ miles, in nice weather anyway) they also need the excercise, and we also like to be out ans active. They are going to have to get used to walking next to the pram before baby comes and we have been reducing the length/amount of walks gradually so that when baby comes it's not going to be such a drastic change in their routine. Their very good boys anyway, first few weeks they will be having smaller more frequent walks instead if long ones each day. Also when we travel to see family, they have to come with us because they live so far away. Our car is about 10 years old, still has a few years of use left, it works, is big enough and gets from A to B and that's all I really care about lol. It serves its purpose lol xx

We are kinda lucky in where we live as basically we have a playing field out front (across road literally) so we mostly walk them and do ball games on that.
We will occasionally drive to a nature reserve and walk them there but it isnt a lot.
My family live far away from me but they are going to buy a pram set for their end which is hugely helpful! :)
I agree about walking them with a pram in tow- we will defo do this to atleast introduce idea of a "weird" pram now being present. :)
Agree about car generally always struggled to be someone to replace a car before its time is up as they are such a financial money pit, you lose money on them quicker then you can blink haha!

We are kinda lucky in where we live as basically we have a playing field out front (across road literally) so we mostly walk them and do ball games on that.
We will occasionally drive to a nature reserve and walk them there but it isnt a lot.
My family live far away from me but they are going to buy a pram set for their end which is hugely helpful! :)
I agree about walking them with a pram in tow- we will defo do this to atleast introduce idea of a "weird" pram now being present. :)
Agree about car generally always struggled to be someone to replace a car before its time is up as they are such a financial money pit, you lose money on them quicker then you can blink haha!

We weren’t going to get a new car and did work out that we can get the pram on the back seat with baby and dogs in the boot so we would have made it work with a new car for sure. We travel a lot with dogs and go on long walks, and go on holidays etc but tbh I will use a baby carrier for a lot of rough terrain type walks so you wouldn’t even need a pram for that!

I wouldn’t worry about movements I don’t have patterns at 25 weeks and only 2 days ago I felt nothing at all, luckily it was day before the midwife appt and she said it’s normal and that patterns normally start about 28 weeks x

We weren’t going to get a new car and did work out that we can get the pram on the back seat with baby and dogs in the boot so we would have made it work with a new car for sure. We travel a lot with dogs and go on long walks, and go on holidays etc but tbh I will use a baby carrier for a lot of rough terrain type walks so you wouldn’t even need a pram for that!

I wouldn’t worry about movements I don’t have patterns at 25 weeks and only 2 days ago I felt nothing at all, luckily it was day before the midwife appt and she said it’s normal and that patterns normally start about 28 weeks x

We live in a city but the are lucky as we are near loads of fantastic different walks very close, we just prefer nature walks like woods, mountains beaches things like that. A lot of our walks are rough terrain, mountains and things like that so we will also be using a baby carrier aswell when able to go on long walks like that. DH is going to have to walk the beasts together on these walks so is going to have to get used to holding two of them, and they are very strong boys lol, going to get a double lead as they are easier to walk together when tethered very close to each other. they do walk off lead for a lot of these walks tho so shouldn't be to much of an issue.

My MW also said dont worry about patterns utill 28 weeks. Especially because of my placenta being at the front. I tend to feel all my kicks in tr same place. All lower right hand side which is weirdly where the placenta is located. I occasionally have kicks low down on the left too and plenty towars my cervix, but almost none in line with my belly button and none above it at all. Not sure if that's because hes breech because of my bicornuate uterus tho. He still has time to turn before he runs out of room though xx

Last edited:
My pregnancy insomnia can be awful some nights. Some nights I sleep right through till 5am or later, but like last night I was up for the loo at 3am and never got back to sleep. Gave up and came downstairs.

Been busy trying to get more stuff organised this week, the room that will be the nursery was used as a storage/dumping area before, so taking a while to figure out what the hell we're doing with it all. Still need to check that the pram and isofix fit in the car, but figure they will because we have the SUV style Dacia which actually has isofix labels on the seats pointing to where it goes in. Not thought about what I'd if we want to take the dogs and baby out together though. Dogs would need to go in the boot for sure, so guess baby will have to go in a carrier rather than his pram. :think:

Bump is getting really big now, I look mahoooosive for 22 weeks. I know I was bigger before being pregnant anyway, but I look like I'm ready to pop any day now, haha! Starting to get a definite pattern in movement, it's been mostly squirms and the occasional wee kick up till now. I was on the phone to my mum though just this afternoon when I got taken by surprise and felt a couple of proper strong kicks on the right, almost like I was being jabbed from the inside. Shame my hubby wasn't here, I bet he would have felt them they were that strong!

My pregnancy insomnia can be awful some nights. Some nights I sleep right through till 5am or later, but like last night I was up for the loo at 3am and never got back to sleep. Gave up and came downstairs.

Been busy trying to get more stuff organised this week, the room that will be the nursery was used as a storage/dumping area before, so taking a while to figure out what the hell we're doing with it all. Still need to check that the pram and isofix fit in the car, but figure they will because we have the SUV style Dacia which actually has isofix labels on the seats pointing to where it goes in. Not thought about what I'd if we want to take the dogs and baby out together though. Dogs would need to go in the boot for sure, so guess baby will have to go in a carrier rather than his pram. :think:

Bump is getting really big now, I look mahoooosive for 22 weeks. I know I was bigger before being pregnant anyway, but I look like I'm ready to pop any day now, haha! Starting to get a definite pattern in movement, it's been mostly squirms and the occasional wee kick up till now. I was on the phone to my mum though just this afternoon when I got taken by surprise and felt a couple of proper strong kicks on the right, almost like I was being jabbed from the inside. Shame my hubby wasn't here, I bet he would have felt them they were that strong!

I’m sorry about your pregnancy insomnia it sounds awful, I’m lucky I was getting up between 3 and 5 to pee but I’ve started sleeping right through again now.

Dh has only felt kicks a few times, everytime he puts his hand on the belly they stop! It’s so frustrating!

I’m sorry about your pregnancy insomnia it sounds awful, I’m lucky I was getting up between 3 and 5 to pee but I’ve started sleeping right through again now.

Dh has only felt kicks a few times, everytime he puts his hand on the belly they stop! It’s so frustrating!

Same here! Last night baby was active after dinner right up till bedtime, so when we went to bed my hubby had his hands on my belly for a good 15 mins, but nothing, typical.

All my kicks are low down near my cervix thanks to anterior placenta. DH did feel a very mild one this morning very very low down. First time hes felt it.

Having my GTT this morning. Just waiting in clinic. My midwife asked last week to ask them can hey repeat my bloods because of my iron levels and being anemic before, so asked them and their just like 'no'. Really rudely. 'Your not 28 weeks ' I said 'yes, I'm aware I'm just asking you what my MW asked me in Thursday' and their just like 'well no, we wont'. :|

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back