***May 2020 Mums***

With you @Jetina and @maythe4thbewit some of those low down ones can take you by surprise and make me basically jump out my chair! Especially the ones that seem to be basically in the vjj!

I too actually hate the low down ones feels like a wack to cervix haha!
I tend to get quite a lot up top tho.. which i thought couldnt pos be baby but when i had scan yesterday there was a lot of popping going on near top, get into ultrasound and they are upside down..lol so i guess my one likes to go upside down a lot???
Sonographer yesterday was prodding baby to get to move she was saying how it makes them cross and they would move when she does it but then they would move but not quite right so she would do it again etc, was kinda funny

When will you guys start your maternity leave? any plans for when that will be yet?

Hey ladies.

28 weeks today so officially in trimester 3 :smile:

I know alot of you wont be for a few weeks but I've just created a thread over in the third trimester. Cannot believe how quick the last few weeks have gone.

@soffphie I'm planning on going off at 36/37 weeks. Was planning on working right up but have a few factors going against that now. Likely to be induced early due to the dreaded GD and as my job is very taxing, stressful and I'm literally on my feet all night I think the last few weeks are going to be hard so better to go off a little earlier I think. It's a demanding job and is becoming quite risky with certain patients so been advised to go off abit earlier. How about everyone else? Any plans yet?

Hey ladies.

28 weeks today so officially in trimester 3 :smile:

I know alot of you wont be for a few weeks but I've just created a thread over in the third trimester. Cannot believe how quick the last few weeks have gone.

@soffphie I'm planning on going off at 36/37 weeks. Was planning on working right up but have a few factors going against that now. Likely to be induced early due to the dreaded GD and as my job is very taxing, stressful and I'm literally on my feet all night I think the last few weeks are going to be hard so better to go off a little earlier I think. It's a demanding job and is becoming quite risky with certain patients so been advised to go off abit earlier. How about everyone else? Any plans yet?

Im probably going to sound awful then and say going to be my last working day 3rd April :/ ill be 33 weeks. Basically because im term time employed this is the easter break term and it just makes sense to me to leave then.

Im probably going to sound awful then and say going to be my last working day 3rd April :/ ill be 33 weeks. Basically because im term time employed this is the easter break term and it just makes sense to me to leave then.

wish I could go off at 33 weeks but we just can’t afford to be on one wage so I can only take the 9 months off, can’t even have the last 3 months off unpaid. I’m not looking forward to going back already, I just hope I can go part time when I do.

wish I could go off at 33 weeks but we just can’t afford to be on one wage so I can only take the 9 months off, can’t even have the last 3 months off unpaid. I’m not looking forward to going back already, I just hope I can go part time when I do.

can you perhaps split you maternity pay over a year? thats what i plan to do.. so ive already done a calculator online and seen what i will get and will split that amount over 12 months.
Only reason ill leave then is just cause it makes sense.. after 3rd april its a 2 week break so i wont return till 35 weeks and just seems silly almost to me, if i was a normal job id go up to April 20th (pay cut off point). I am going to go in & speak to bosses about my last working day being april 3rd but not being on official maternity pay till april 20th (when i would return after easter). See how viable that is first, before i decide. Not sure when you legally have to declare intention to start maternity leave?

Last edited:
can you perhaps split you maternity pay over a year? thats what i plan to do.. so ive already done a calculator online and seen what i will get and will split that amount over 12 months.
Only reason ill leave then is just cause it makes sense.. after 3rd april its a 2 week break so i wont return till 35 weeks and just seems silly almost to me, if i was a normal job id go up to April 20th (pay cut off point)

i can’t, I only get stat pay and it doesn’t even cover my portion of our bills even the 9 months will be tough ☹️

i can’t, I only get stat pay and it doesn’t even cover my portion of our bills even the 9 months will be tough ☹️

Im the same. Stat maternity pay which doesn't even cover our rent, I will be losing about 3/4 of my monthly pay when it drops down and will have to go back to work at 9 months because I cant afford to take the unpaid portion of maternity leave either. Hence why I wanted to work right up as far as poss. But just don't think it would be feasible given how things are with work atm and the GD

The pay drop is going to be severe as is is and even though weve put a few hundred by every month this isnt going to go anywhere really is it. xxx

maternity pay in this country is very inadequate. they then expect you to return to work after a year and fund childcare costs, all ok if you are on a fortune, but if youre not then... well i can see why people say it is not worth them returning to work once theyve paid child care. :(

Anyone thinking about the birthd yet? I’ve stated listening to mindful Hypnobirthing by Sophie fletcher

Anyone thinking about the birthd yet? I’ve stated listening to mindful Hypnobirthing by Sophie fletcher

I really hoped I could give birth naturally, even though the letter from my consultant from 12 years ago advised otherwise, but even my consultant this time agrees. Because I had a 4th degree tear last time, I really need to have a C-section otherwise there's a 99% chance of tearing again and exacerbating the problems I already have. At least with it being planned it will be a lot more relaxed.

I had a bit of a scare last night today. I was lying in bed last night and got a really strong bubbling feeling under my ribs on the right along with what felt like a kick. It was happening every 30 secs and when it finally stopped I had pain there. It was still a bit tender this morning, but what was more noticeable was that I hadn't felt baby move overnight. I normally get punched and kicked all over the place when I get back into bed on my side after going to the toilet. Spoke to the maternity ward and they wanted me in to be on the safe side. Typically while I was waiting baby started kicking me again. They still put a trace on me for half hour though to be sure, got some good strong movements too. everything is fine thankfully, but was bloody scary! They think he's moved head down and was kicking my over-bloated stomach so gas was bubbling or something.

I really hoped I could give birth naturally, even though the letter from my consultant from 12 years ago advised otherwise, but even my consultant this time agrees. Because I had a 4th degree tear last time, I really need to have a C-section otherwise there's a 99% chance of tearing again and exacerbating the problems I already have. At least with it being planned it will be a lot more relaxed.

I had a bit of a scare last night today. I was lying in bed last night and got a really strong bubbling feeling under my ribs on the right along with what felt like a kick. It was happening every 30 secs and when it finally stopped I had pain there. It was still a bit tender this morning, but what was more noticeable was that I hadn't felt baby move overnight. I normally get punched and kicked all over the place when I get back into bed on my side after going to the toilet. Spoke to the maternity ward and they wanted me in to be on the safe side. Typically while I was waiting baby started kicking me again. They still put a trace on me for half hour though to be sure, got some good strong movements too. everything is fine thankfully, but was bloody scary! They think he's moved head down and was kicking my over-bloated stomach so gas was bubbling or something.

oh bless you, well there are specific hypnobirthing tracks etc in my audiobook for caesareans etc if you wanted to give something ago to lift some of the anxiety about a c-section. All that matters is that your baby will be in your arms at the end of it!

glad baby is all ok x

Hey ladies how are you all???
When you guys thinking of decorating nurseries etc? Hubby is saying we have to paint it etc before we put furniture up (which spose makes sense) not sure when to actually start the decorating?

Hey ladies how are you all???
When you guys thinking of decorating nurseries etc? Hubby is saying we have to paint it etc before we put furniture up (which spose makes sense) not sure when to actually start the decorating?

We have done ours, I think they say it’s best to do it sooner to allow the paint fumes to fully go but if they baby isn’t going to sleep in there straight away then you have plenty of time. Do you have a theme?

012DCAC5-AB81-4742-9F77-5B700C36E0D3.jpeg

We have done ours, I think they say it’s best to do it sooner to allow the paint fumes to fully go but if they baby isn’t going to sleep in there straight away then you have plenty of time. Do you have a theme?

View attachment 89943

I really love your theme. Was going to do just pretty plain ole' simple nursery tbh :/ wanted to do a chalkboard feature wall, beige walls on rest. Going disney theme (disney curtains, bedding, light shade etc)... I feel mines quite boring tho :/ need to get some inspiration i think! tho i was thinking of getting a felt name thing on the other wall as a sort of feature piecce as well?

I really love your theme. Was going to do just pretty plain ole' simple nursery tbh :/ wanted to do a chalkboard feature wall, beige walls on rest. Going disney theme (disney curtains, bedding, light shade etc)... I feel mines quite boring tho :/ need to get some inspiration i think! tho i was thinking of getting a felt name thing on the other wall as a sort of feature piecce as well?

If you want to add something, without going to loads of effort, I would seriously recommend wall stickers, there will definitely be lots of Disney themed ones you can get.

If you want to add something, without going to loads of effort, I would seriously recommend wall stickers, there will definitely be lots of Disney themed ones you can get.

Definitely, decals are the best way to add something interesting to the walls, and they are pretty cheap. When we finally manage to empty the spare room, our nursery is going to have a navy blue feature wall with a gold harry potter quote and gold stars. The whole nursery is going to be harry potter/magic themed.

I do like the idea of a winnie the pooh height chart etc (ive seen some) was going to pos get some wall art of winnie the pooh quotes? and yeh i have seen plenty of stickers, guess we will see how things go & decorate as needed? as in paint all the stuff up and then take a look and decide, wont be easy till after baby is born as wont know name or anything till then :)

Dunno how i forgot.. i wanted to do a a-z disney/winnie the pooh section of stickers/wall art thought be good for learning n stuff and look pretty of course!

I think our main feature will be this chalkboard wall, hopefully it will look nice!

We havent got masses of wall anyway about 12 ft each side to decorate. Dont wanna overdo the wall and at same time dont want to look too basic! Pretty tough! Also wont help with designing not knowing babys name etc as cant plan how big this felt name banner will look!
Ah well, tbh im never satisfied with anything i make/design and always think how much better other peoples designs are! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back