***May 2020 Mums***

All my kicks are low down near my cervix thanks to anterior placenta. DH did feel a very mild one this morning very very low down. First time hes felt it.

Having my GTT this morning. Just waiting in clinic. My midwife asked last week to ask them can hey repeat my bloods because of my iron levels and being anemic before, so asked them and their just like 'no'. Really rudely. 'Your not 28 weeks ' I said 'yes, I'm aware I'm just asking you what my MW asked me in Thursday' and their just like 'well no, we wont'. :|

Snap! The sonographer on Thursday confirmed that I do have an anterior placenta like I thought, but definitely getting lots of movement now. Yesterdays kicks right at the side took me by surprise because I normally feel little ones quite low down. Guess he was stretching out, felt them down low again later in the day.

Terrible that they won't take your bloods even though the midwife wants them done. Will your midwife not do them? If not then I would get the phlebotomist at your gp practice to do them. Last time I had any bloods taken it was done by my midwife.

Finally got round to taking a photo of my massive bump. Terrible quality I know, the lighting in our bedroom isn't great so had to lighten it. Excuse the boobs too, I've gotten into the habit of skipping a bra when I'm in the house. :roll: 22+2 and I honestly feel like I'm about to pop, it's so tight!

bump2.jpg

Snap! The sonographer on Thursday confirmed that I do have an anterior placenta like I thought, but definitely getting lots of movement now. Yesterdays kicks right at the side took me by surprise because I normally feel little ones quite low down. Guess he was stretching out, felt them down low again later in the day.

Terrible that they won't take your bloods even though the midwife wants them done. Will your midwife not do them? If not then I would get the phlebotomist at your gp practice to do them. Last time I had any bloods taken it was done by my midwife.

Finally got round to taking a photo of my massive bump. Terrible quality I know, the lighting in our bedroom isn't great so had to lighten it. Excuse the boobs too, I've gotten into the habit of skipping a bra when I'm in the house. :roll: 22+2 and I honestly feel like I'm about to pop, it's so tight!

View attachment 89791

Aww lovely bump. Mine is no where to be seen at 26+3

My area will only do bloods in antenatal for some reason. I've text my midwife just to let her know, I'm only a week and half away from 28 weeks anyway so doesn't matter massively but she wanted them so that they had them when I went to see the consultant at 28 weeks. My normal midwife is lovely but I find the ones in antenatal at the Hospital very rude.

Last time I was here they wouldnt even let me take my massive coat and bag off to be weighed. I've lost ten stone prior to getting pregnant and I really dont need a lecture about my weight. And everytime I'm here I get one. Very frustrating. Xx

Very jel of peoples bumps i seriously have nothing. Im 22 weeks as well.
Still just getting occasional flutters or turning/churning feelings & a few popping sensations.
Just seen a advert for a Aniball. Its £60 and not sure worth it. By wanted to post this to see if anyones bought something like this or what exercises they plan to do before birth, ive been bad and not done any pelvic exercises really.

Very jel of peoples bumps i seriously have nothing. Im 22 weeks as well.
Still just getting occasional flutters or turning/churning feelings & a few popping sensations.
Just seen a advert for a Aniball. Its £60 and not sure worth it. By wanted to post this to see if anyones bought something like this or what exercises they plan to do before birth, ive been bad and not done any pelvic exercises really.

I was thinking of buying one. Depends on how hes lying when I'm further along though as hes more likely to be breech because of my bicornuate uterus and has been breech all along so far.

I've always done pelvic floor exercises even before becoming PG. My mum drummed doing them into me from the age of about 11 so I've always dine them. Not done anything else tho xxx

I keep forgetting about pelvic floor exercises! I have been doing them on and off but nothing consistent.

I’m always skeptical about things like anniball, it’s hard to know if they are worth it or if it’s a con.

Do you ladies have plans for what you will do work wise after maternity leave? I only ask as it may (depending on situation of course) not be possible to return to work full time if thats what you do now?

Do you ladies have plans for what you will do work wise after maternity leave? I only ask as it may (depending on situation of course) not be possible to return to work full time if thats what you do now?

i have asked work if I can work 5 days a week but afternoons only for the first year, dh works 5am-1pm so it means we wouldn’t need to find childcare, then I’d go back full time when baby is around 2. They won’t sort anything like that out with me though until about 3 months before I go back so we will just have to play by ear.

i have asked work if I can work 5 days a week but afternoons only for the first year, dh works 5am-1pm so it means we wouldn’t need to find childcare, then I’d go back full time when baby is around 2. They won’t sort anything like that out with me though until about 3 months before I go back so we will just have to play by ear.

Sounds like a neat plan. My job i dont think its possible to go back to at all unfortunately :( I may have to completely switch and look for a weekend job which does scare me incase i cant find one etc.

I'm not sure what I'm doing yet. My job has been horrible to me through his pregnancy and I'm in two minds about going back there afterwards. If I go back full time it means weel need childcare as no family around to help out. Their always nagging us to move closer for this reason.

If I go back I wont be permanent nights, they've been horrendous to me through this pregnancy and I cant see them being very accommodating ince baby is here. Om planning on going back part time if I can, if they wont then I will look elsewhere. I've got a Undergraduate and Masters degree so shouldn't be a problem to find something else.

Just had a call of antenatal. GTT came back positive. Gutted. I've lost so much weight before getting PG and thought I'd be ok. MW said dont worry it was inevitable with my family history and PCOS and that it will go away after birth xxx

I'm not sure what I'm doing yet. My job has been horrible to me through his pregnancy and I'm in two minds about going back there afterwards. If I go back full time it means weel need childcare as no family around to help out. Their always nagging us to move closer for this reason.

If I go back I wont be permanent nights, they've been horrendous to me through this pregnancy and I cant see them being very accommodating ince baby is here. Om planning on going back part time if I can, if they wont then I will look elsewhere. I've got a Undergraduate and Masters degree so shouldn't be a problem to find something else.

Just had a call of antenatal. GTT came back positive. Gutted. I've lost so much weight before getting PG and thought I'd be ok. MW said dont worry it was inevitable with my family history and PCOS and that it will go away after birth xxx

it is so common for ladies with PCOS to get it. I’ve got my GTT on the 6th feb because of PCOS too. Do you have to do anything differently now? X

it is so common for ladies with PCOS to get it. I’ve got my GTT on the 6th feb because of PCOS too. Do you have to do anything differently now? X

I know, just feel like it's my fault. She said usually they try and control it with diet but as I have pcos she said that was unlikely to work, so probably metformin. She stressed though that it was nothing to worry about and it wasnt the same as type 2, wouldnt last long enough to do any damage and would definitely go away after birth.

Have to go an see them next thursday. She said I would likely be induced early aswell xxx

I know, just feel like it's my fault. She said usually they try and control it with diet but as I have pcos she said that was unlikely to work, so probably metformin. She stressed though that it was nothing to worry about and it wasnt the same as type 2, wouldnt last long enough to do any damage and would definitely go away after birth.

Have to go an see them next thursday. She said I would likely be induced early aswell xxx

sorry to hear you have GTT. There has been whispers of me having a test like this im not sure if it will actually go ahead or not tho.
Has anyone had a whopping cough jab? will you?

sorry to hear you have GTT. There has been whispers of me having a test like this im not sure if it will actually go ahead or not tho.
Has anyone had a whopping cough jab? will you?

Weather you have a GTT or not depends on your risk factors? Do you have any? I had mine booked at 12 week scan for 26 weeks. Usually test you between 24-28 weeks in my area.

Yes, had my whooping cough and flu jab Monday. Been meaning to get them for a while but only had chance this week. Xx

Was having period like cramps this afternoon so called the maternity helpline and they told me to leave work and go home and rest and call back if it gets worse. Seems to have stopped now though.

View attachment 89791

beautiful bump btw. X

Was having period like cramps this afternoon so called the maternity helpline and they told me to leave work and go home and rest and call back if it gets worse. Seems to have stopped now though.

I've had that. Really strong menstrual cramps, usually have them every few days and they can last a few hours. Been having them since about 23 weeks. My midwife said it's normal and is just stretching pain. :| I'm sure shes too laid back for her own good xx

I've had that. Really strong menstrual cramps, usually have them every few days and they can last a few hours. Been having them since about 23 weeks. My midwife said it's normal and is just stretching pain. :| I'm sure shes too laid back for her own good xx

It did seem to stop when I got home, it probably was just stretching pains or something. At least I know not to panic next time unless they are more painful or regular or something x

It did seem to stop when I got home, it probably was just stretching pains or something. At least I know not to panic next time unless they are more painful or regular or something x

That's what my MW said they were. Although like I said, shes never bothered when I ask her about anything so I'm not sure if its something worrying or not tbh. Like you said suppose I will just have to worry if they stay for longer than a few hours or get worse. One day I literally had them all day on and off. Weirdly havent had them for a few days now. Strange.

Pregnancy is weird. Xx

That's what my MW said they were. Although like I said, shes never bothered when I ask her about anything so I'm not sure if its something worrying or not tbh. Like you said suppose I will just have to worry if they stay for longer than a few hours or get worse. One day I literally had them all day on and off. Weirdly havent had them for a few days now. Strange.

Pregnancy is weird. Xx

pregnancy is so weird! My midwife is only available Tuesdays and Fridays so I had to call the maternity helpline and tbh they have always been super helpful with my queries.

the midwife I spoke to wasn’t very concerned, she said to just rest unless they get bad, constant or are accompanied by blood or reduced movement.

sometimes I feel like this pregnancy feels really natural and I’m bossing it, other times I feel like my body is something completely alien to me!

I woke up this morning and lay there feeling very very sick got up and just chucked up. reminded me of the good ole' days of HG. Horrid. Was so scared i was going to get it back but ive since eaten/drunk and not been sick so far.. usually if i drink its thrown up 15mns/30mns max later and so far so good x
Thank goodness i still have my meds!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back