***May 2020 Mums***

My dh is self employed so nothing for him for paternity leave but he’s a baker so he gets up really early and finishes at lunchtime so hopefully when he’s at work he will still feel like he gets a lot of time with us and I’ve only got statutory leave which is rubbish and won’t even cover my half of the bills it will be an interesting year that’s for sure so I’m currently saving as much as I can each month so we have a back up.

I'm planning on breastfeeding too, my boobs haven't grown one bit though, their not even any fuller so I'm quite worried I wont have any milk.

Yeah my DH only gets statutory maternity pay too for the standard two weeks which is rubbish at 150 a week considering hes been here 5 years. I also only get statutory even though I've worked there for three years this year. So 6 weeks at 90% and then down to just under 150 a week. Rubbish. X

I wouldn’t worry about your breasts, they will only really get fuller etc when you’re milk is actually coming in. Sometimes they don’t change much though and I would say you are really lucky but it shouldn’t affect breastfeeding. I’d definitely speak to your midwife if you are concerned though as she’ll be able to put your mind at ease xx

Hows peoples symptoms nowerdays?
I've found that @ 20 weeks i still have very strong food aversions (but they are getting better) im mostly stuck with crumpets, sandwiches and a main meal. i have quite a liking for hot puddings but i dont buy a lot of these. In love with apple juice/orange juice. I find main meals really tough to plan. im about to try angel delight as randomly fancied that..
in total love with sandwiches (actually annoying).
Sickness i still need help with. If i dont take the meds i know about it etc.
Boobies sometimes seem bigger sometimes dont, hubby says they are massive (lol)
just wondered if people still have lingering symptoms?

I've found that @ 20 weeks i still have very strong food aversions (but they are getting better) im mostly stuck with crumpets, sandwiches and a main meal. i have quite a liking for hot puddings but i dont buy a lot of these. In love with apple juice/orange juice. I find main meals really tough to plan. im about to try angel delight as randomly fancied that..

I was still getting quite a bit of nausea at 20 weeks but it has now pretty much subsided at 24 weeks except first thing in the morning before my breakfast when I’m hungry.

Feeling daily movements now which is nice and dh felt his first kick on Sunday.

I was still getting quite a bit of nausea at 20 weeks but it has now pretty much subsided at 24 weeks except first thing in the morning before my breakfast when I’m hungry.

Feeling daily movements now which is nice and dh felt his first kick on Sunday.

His?? :)

I meant his for dh, don’t know what it is although I do often refer to it as a boy

ah yeh i get ya. when i first found out i was pregnant first thing i said was 'its a girl' but now im not so sure. my mum says she refers to baby as 'he' my grandparents say its a girl who knows!? haha

Is anyone else getting cramps/ pelvis pain.

I've been having it on and off again last few weeks. But the last few days they have been lasting longer and are more like a few hours a day now. Its exactly like bad period cramps. Cant even say its mild cause it's not. Its like burning/cramping in my lower stomach and back sometimes it's only on one side but today it's been on two.

Definitely feeling him move all the time now too, DH hasn't felt it yet but I think thsts because of the anterior placenta

Due to see midwife next thursday.

Anykne had pains? Always seems to be in the evening or night time I get them aswell xx

Is anyone else getting cramps/ pelvis pain.

I've been having it on and off again last few weeks. But the last few days they have been lasting longer and are more like a few hours a day now. Its exactly like bad period cramps. Cant even say its mild cause it's not. Its like burning/cramping in my lower stomach and back sometimes it's only on one side but today it's been on two.

Definitely feeling him move all the time now too, DH hasn't felt it yet but I think thsts because of the anterior placenta

Due to see midwife next thursday.

Anykne had pains? Always seems to be in the evening or night time I get them aswell xx

It could be Braxton hicks they can start about now. I get really bad pains low down in my tummy, feel like my uterus is made of lead when I need a poo or have gas so maybe that’s it? You could be a little constipated? X

Not got much in the way of symptoms as such now, apart from my SPD and severe bloating. I wake up bloated every day, then as soon as I have even the smallest thing to eat it get super uncomfortable. By the end of a day, the skin around my stomach is so tight it feels like it's going to tear open! I'm still on extra folic acid on top of my multivits and now having to take aspirin too. Everything is massive... my belly, my boobs.... I'm honestly wishing the next 17 weeks away, it's so much tougher at 37 than it was at 25.

I spoke to my midwife about my concerns about movement this morning, because as soon as I ballooned out about 17 weeks it was almost like movement had stopped. Before then I was feeling definite squirming with the odd feeling of being flicked from the inside, but now I just get the occasional bubbling, so hard to tell if it's baby or my ibs playing up with all the rubbish I ate over Christmas. Midwife had me in straight away to have a listen. She picked something up straight away smack bang in the middle at the front, but I asked her if it was maybe my placenta because it sounded a little slow. She said it did sound placenta-like but that it was a good sign, then she moved the doodad and found the baby's heartbeat thudding nice and strong. It got me thinking, and I didn't think to ask her about it, but if my placenta was picked up like that, could it mean that I have an anterior placenta? If I do then it would explain why I'm not feeling movements at the moment. :think:

I think I may of had the same anterior placenta with my first although it was never mentioned, but I didn’t feel a thing until a full on kick happened at 24 weeks

I suffer a lot with bloating this time which I never had with any of my others it’s horrible

Not got much in the way of symptoms as such now, apart from my SPD and severe bloating. I wake up bloated every day, then as soon as I have even the smallest thing to eat it get super uncomfortable. By the end of a day, the skin around my stomach is so tight it feels like it's going to tear open! I'm still on extra folic acid on top of my multivits and now having to take aspirin too. Everything is massive... my belly, my boobs.... I'm honestly wishing the next 17 weeks away, it's so much tougher at 37 than it was at 25.

I spoke to my midwife about my concerns about movement this morning, because as soon as I ballooned out about 17 weeks it was almost like movement had stopped. Before then I was feeling definite squirming with the odd feeling of being flicked from the inside, but now I just get the occasional bubbling, so hard to tell if it's baby or my ibs playing up with all the rubbish I ate over Christmas. Midwife had me in straight away to have a listen. She picked something up straight away smack bang in the middle at the front, but I asked her if it was maybe my placenta because it sounded a little slow. She said it did sound placenta-like but that it was a good sign, then she moved the doodad and found the baby's heartbeat thudding nice and strong. It got me thinking, and I didn't think to ask her about it, but if my placenta was picked up like that, could it mean that I have an anterior placenta? If I do then it would explain why I'm not feeling movements at the moment. :think:

man anterior placenta could explain why you’re feeling less movements, if baby is sitting right behind. I don’t feel them all the time and some days definitely less than others

It could be Braxton hicks they can start about now. I get really bad pains low down in my tummy, feel like my uterus is made of lead when I need a poo or have gas so maybe that’s it? You could be a little constipated? X

Yeah my original thought was maybe it was BHs. But google says their meant to be painless and these are quite painful. Could be gas or constipation because I have been constipated since day 1 of this pregnancy, although I've had constipation/gas pain before and it's always been a sharp pain, this is a dull burning/achey cramping pain. I'm also getting loads of clear cm especially last night, there was a ton (although could be left over from dtd yesterday morning :oops:) , and I have had increased cm since getting a bfp too.

Who knows. Will just have to see xx

Yeah my original thought was maybe it was BHs. But google says their meant to be painless and these are quite painful. Could be gas or constipation because I have been constipated since day 1 of this pregnancy, although I've had constipation/gas pain before and it's always been a sharp pain, this is a dull burning/achey cramping pain. I'm also getting loads of clear cm especially last night, there was a ton (although could be left over from dtd yesterday morning :oops:) , and I have had increased cm since getting a bfp too.

I cant really help you too much but i do sometimes get botches yellow cm , watery etc not a lot but at times.
I also have had af pains but im not as far along as you yet. :)
Hope your well

My constipation pain is achy and long lasting, often affects me first thing in the morning. My cm is very watery too. Oh the joys of pregnancy! Nothing makes sense and is a bit gross lol!

I cant really help you too much but i do sometimes get botches yellow cm , watery etc not a lot but at times.
I also have had af pains but im not as far along as you yet. :)
Hope your well

Yeah I had AF pains up till about 16 weeks then they stopped. Now they've started again. So strange. I'm ok, how are you ?x

My constipation pain is achy and long lasting, often affects me first thing in the morning. My cm is very watery too. Oh the joys of pregnancy! Nothing makes sense and is a bit gross lol!

Maybe its constipation pain then, it's like period pain so strange. Burning and cramping and usually only on one side on my pelvis and wraps around to my back. X

Yeah I had AF pains up till about 16 weeks then they stopped. Now they've started again. So strange. I'm ok, how are you ?x

Im good thanks. Seriously getting hunger issues now tho, like i am really eating ganna have to stop myself doing that (as of tomorrow) haha cause seriously i dont think you should be eating in complete excess as its not good is it?? I put on about 7lbs over xmas and new years and feel crap for it. They do say you shouldnt eat in excess in pregnancy so i guess i gotta really try and stop?

Last edited:
Im good thanks. Seriously getting hunger issues now tho, like i am really eating ganna have to stop myself doing that (as of tomorrow) haha cause seriously i dont think you should be eating in complete excess as its not good is it?? I put on about 7lbs over xmas and new years and feel crap for it. They do say you shouldnt eat in excess in pregnancy so i guess i gotta really try and stop?

I am pretty sure the guideline is 1lb per week after 12 weeks in a healthy pregnancy, more if you are underweight (and you could be packing on a little more because you lost some in tri 1) and less if you are overweight.

honestly I wouldn’t worry too much about weight gain though lots of women gain up to 3 stone, babies, extra blood, placenta, bigger boobs, etc all weighs a lot. I’d only be concerned if my midwife was.

I am pretty sure the guideline is 1lb per week after 12 weeks in a healthy pregnancy, more if you are underweight (and you could be packing on a little more because you lost some in tri 1) and less if you are overweight.

honestly I wouldn’t worry too much about weight gain though lots of women gain up to 3 stone, babies, extra blood, placenta, bigger boobs, etc all weighs a lot. I’d only be concerned if my midwife was.

I'm not gonna worry about my weight to be honest. I gained a stone by 14 weeks, not weighed since. As long as mine and the baby's health is fine then I'll worry about the weight when it's born. I got a load of cramps yesterday, then I swear my uterus grew overnight. The top was just level with my belly button yesterday and was sitting slightly above this morning.
I have my private gender scan in the morning, so excited! Any last minute guesses?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back