***May 2020 Mums***

I'm not gonna worry about my weight to be honest. I gained a stone by 14 weeks, not weighed since. As long as mine and the baby's health is fine then I'll worry about the weight when it's born. I got a load of cramps yesterday, then I swear my uterus grew overnight. The top was just level with my belly button yesterday and was sitting slightly above this morning.
I have my private gender scan in the morning, so excited! Any last minute guesses?

i agree, I won’t weigh myself, if I think I’ve put on too much weight what will that even achieve? I’m certainly not going to diet or restrict my food to change it. Everybody has a different pregnancy some ladies put on a little extra but hey, it’s just more for baby to snuggle after!

I am going to guess a girl! Can’t wait for you to find out! Xx

Dont worry about your weight @soffphie, I lost 10stone before getting pregnant. They only want me to gain 11lbs through the whole pregnancy still because they are worried about me 'piling' weight back on. Thing is I was only eating 1200 a day cals for the last 2 years and exercising intensely 5/6 days a week. This has certainly not been sustainable now I'm pregnant, tired, hungry and fatigued. I also have a lot of loose skin which probably weighs about 2 stone itself which is why I'm not sstill ideal bmi. Ive had mixed opinions from different health professionals in regards to how I should manage my weight in pregnancy. Some have made me feel like absolute shit about my weight gain, others have encouraged and congratulated me about my previous loss. My midwife thought I should stick to what I was eating before (1200 cals) and decrease my excercise to half hour hree times a week which is less than half of what I was doing, and cut out the running and weight training and only do swimming. The GP and consultant on the other hand have both said I need to be eating the recommended calories for a women a day (so much more than 1200) but can continue intense excercise if I feel comfortable doing it but just dont overdo it.

I tried restricting my calories in the beginning I really did but it made me feel very very fatigued l. Now I have decided to eat a normal amount of healthy foods ans not worry about the weight gain as much. I have way more energy now and have actually been able to do excercise l, where as when I was restricting I couldn't do any excercise as I felt constantly like crap. I've put on about 8/10lbs and at 25 weeks tomorrow I dont think that's horrendously bad. I'm growing another human after all. Also my weight fluctuates about 5lbs every day so who knows exactly what I've put on. :rotfl:.

I'm going to worry about losing weight again when baby gets here. I've done it before and I can do it again. Untill then, as the consultant said I will focus on healthy food little and often, and as much excercise and activity as I can comfortably manage. :D

@Jetina I guess a boy! What time is the scan? What are you hoping for?xxx

We weren't really bothered what baby is aa long as it's healthy, it was more the feeling of wanting to be prepared properly.
Had our scan at 9am, I was really impressed with the woman that did it, she likes to 100% certain before confirming sex. She showed us the heart going, fluid in the stomach and urine in the bladder, so everything is working as it should. Hubby finally got to see baby moving, he couldn't make the dating scan I had. So anyway, after girl guesses from pretty much everyone, even those based on old wives tales and Ramzi theory etc, we've discovered we're having a little boy! I'll put pictures up when I get to my pc.

We weren't really bothered what baby is aa long as it's healthy, it was more the feeling of wanting to be prepared properly.
Had our scan at 9am, I was really impressed with the woman that did it, she likes to 100% certain before confirming sex. She showed us the heart going, fluid in the stomach and urine in the bladder, so everything is working as it should. Hubby finally got to see baby moving, he couldn't make the dating scan I had. So anyway, after girl guesses from pretty much everyone, even those based on old wives tales and Ramzi theory etc, we've discovered we're having a little boy! I'll put pictures up when I get to my pc.

Congratulations! :cheer:

I was right, a boy. I'm never right at these things haha
Glad hubby got to see him moving xx

So so pleased for you! It really is amazing getting to see the little person, especially at this stage when everything is so visible!

congratulations on the boy! X

Nursery nearly done now, got some really cute wall stickers, they are so effective I’ve never used them before.

will be ordering the furniture after pay day.

Don’t know why the picture uploads sideways sorry!

B6D4F289-03D8-4B76-BCF2-E6FED91CC84F.jpeg

Had our anomoly scan today. Baby was a fidget so we got to go back. They did most checks just couldnt do heart properly. Bit disapointed tbh as wanted it all over.

Had our anomoly scan today. Baby was a fidget so we got to go back. They did most checks just couldnt do heart properly. Bit disapointed tbh as wanted it all over.

At least you’ll get to see baby an extra time in a few weeks x

At least you’ll get to see baby an extra time in a few weeks x

Yeh thats true. Always a worry will find something wrong tho. But they did get a briefish look and if they arent having me back for another 2 weeks they cant think its urgent? Heres hoping

Anyone else struggling with sleep?

I'm not a great sleeper anyway and I know the nightshifts arent probably helping but I am literally up every hour weeing and then I'm up after about 4/5 hours and cannot get back to sleep st all. I've had a week off work and I've been up since half 4 this morning and now feel absolutely shattered. I'm going to be like a zombie all day again now :shakehead:

I'm not a great sleeper anyway and I know the nightshifts arent probably helping but I am literally up every hour weeing and then I'm up after about 4/5 hours and cannot get back to sleep st all. I've had a week off work and I've been up since half 4 this morning and now feel absolutely shattered. I'm going to be like a zombie all day again now :shakehead:

I know my friend who is pregnant gets insomnia at the end of tri 2, she is currently suffering in her 3rd pregnancy.

I’ve always been a good sleeper but I do usually wake up at least once to pee since the beginning of tri 2. I’ve had some difficulties sleeping when baby has been really active when I’m trying to get to sleep or back to sleep after a wee but generally it hasn’t been too bad. I’m hoping the insomnia doesn’t creep up on my like so many others though!

hope today wasn’t too rough and you get some shut eye soon! Could you try napping in the day?

We got our cot and dresser set from Mamas and Papas arriving today!! Got it for a good price as well, £50 off as in sale and 10% on top of the £50 off :)
Just got to buy 1/2 underbed storage boxes and the mattress and done! Weird tho the cot itsself actually wont be used till Nov/Dec! Haha

Ohhhh yes! I've been awake since getting up for the loo at 4am this morning, and even before that I was waking all the time to switch which side I'm lying on. It would be so much more comfortable if I could just sleep on my back.

I've got my anomaly scan today, so hope they're not expecting anything coherent out of me!

@SugaryIris if I napped a little in the day, I would literally never sleep in the night. Plus I'm awake more often in the night than day atm thanks to work (4 nights on 3 nights off) but then I'm awake in he day before work too so irritating. Cant wait to go on maternity leave.

@Jetina I'm the same, cant get comfy either. Get very achy hips/thigs at night. I've never slept on my back though so no problem there, but my comfy sleep position was in my tummy so that's a no go either!
Good luck with the scan today! Xxx

Ohhhh yes! I've been awake since getting up for the loo at 4am this morning, and even before that I was waking all the time to switch which side I'm lying on. It would be so much more comfortable if I could just sleep on my back.

I've got my anomaly scan today, so hope they're not expecting anything coherent out of me!

good luck with the scan today x

Had my 25 week appointment with MW yesterday afternoon. Such a pain as mine are always on a Thursday and I work Wednesday and Thursday nights so got home had literally two hours sleep as was really wired after work (busy stressful night last night) had to get up for MW, waited about an hour to see her and was only on there for ten minutes. Ugh, got back to bed about half 5 couldn't sleep at all then as had been up and about, no chance. Been so tierd in work tonight. Hopefully ill fall asleep easily today and wont be overtired this morning as I'm back in tonight again.

BP Was fine, dipped my urine which read 3+ ketones, MW asked If id had my lunch yet, confessed I'd not eaten anything since work the night before at about 6am, (MW appointment was 3pm, so quite some time), told me to go home immediately and feed baby :oops: as thats why my urine came back as 3+ and get back to bed. Had a listen to babys heartbeat, he hates the doppler he was kicking her constantly and kicking it away very very forcefully :rotfl:.

Hope everyones well? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back