May 2019 mummies

I think with my son I took a hospital bag stuff list which was posted here somewhere , but not very different from the nhs website . I ended up packing too much and most of them I did not even use. On my list to prepare the hospital bag , I did bought few bits but nothing put togheter yet.

Got a date ! Elective c - section booked for 13 th May . I feel so excited , not much left x

Have had better weeks........

Broke up for three week Easter break Friday with a tickly throat. Swiftly became flu type virus and been in bed since Sunday. Left with a hacking cough so hard I vomit (there’s not a lot of space for my own organs as it is right now so am sick easily). Last night I coughed so hard I pulled muscles between my ribs at the back and now I’m bedridden again! Grrrrr. If I stay really, really still and try not to breathe the pain is ok but if I need to cough it’s like being stabbed in the back! (Not a patch on childbirth though!)

Ah well, still have another 2 weeks Easter break to recover. I never miss work -illnesses are very well timed.

Yesterday baby wasn't moving as usual so I called triage and got told to come up to be monitored.
Once on the trace babys heartbeat was very high so I was put on a drip to see if that helped lower it. Then after 30 mins heartbeat started to get decelerations and I was immediately prepped for a c section. Had a magnesium drip and steroid injection. Then shift changed and the new consultant decided to wait an hour to see if things improved. So I'm now in hospital till baby makes an appearance as they can see he's not happy with something which they believe is my placenta possibley failing so got to be checked every 3 hours and scanned every few days.

Ladies always get urself checked baby was still moving but the movements had become very gentle compared to his usual kicks.

Wow, that is scary. At least he is big enough now to not need too many weeks of special care. Good luck with it all, fingers crossed everything goes smoothly.

It’s hard the fetal movement thing. Mine is so ridiculously active that, when she didn’t move for half an hour yesterday, I was thinking ‘is she ok?’ But then she started up again with a vengeance whereas her older brother, although active, would quite often have an hour or so’s nap in there. I guess you have to trust your instinct- good job you did Aurora as now he should be safe and the longer he is inside , the more benefit he can get from the drugs you’ve been given and the stronger he’ll be.

How scary Aurora , glad you went and get checked and the baby is fine and monitored ! Fingers crossed for you as it seems it will be an April baby , keep us posted !x
I know we shouldn t joke when it comes to fetal movement , I have been twice to get monitored with first that is why they decided to have him that day as his heart rate was quite high.

Piglet I know it isn ‘t good to feel ill but at least you can have some rest off work . Hopefully you will feel better by Easter , still 2 weeks to go .

I am so tired, can t wait to have this baby out

That sounds scary Aurora, I hope you’re getting on ok.

I hope you feel better soon piglet.

Hi ladies, oh gosh Aurora, glad you went to get him checked and now they’re keeping an eye on you, hopefully everything goes smoothly for you!

Piglet, try and get plenty of rest and fluids, colds are the worst, my OH has one at the moment so I’m dreading he might pass it on to me!!

My bump was very slow with his movements aswell this morning, so we had our first trip up to the assessment centre, but my tracing was fine and he had deffo woken up and was nice and active again by the time I was on the monitor! It’s just so hard to know, he’s normally very wiggly all the time so I get a bit panicky when he slows down xxx

How is everyone doing? I’m being induced on Tuesday coz I’ve developed OC again. Can’t believe by next weekend il have baby no 3! Bit nervous after my first induction was horrible but hoping as this is no 3 she comes out easier! Not long to go now and everyone will have had their babies! Xx

Oooh keeptrying, how many weeks will you be when they induce you?
I am 36 weeks tomorrow, and officially start maternity leave :)
I’m feeling well, apart from back ache!!

Feeling a bit better now but have lost over half a stone with this blasted virus and still finding it hard to eat as, although I don’t feel sick, I’m so full of baby that I am just not hungry enough to make the effort. Might just drink oil or summit.

You had that baby yet Aurora?

Good luck on Tuesday keeptrying. Is the OC really bothersome? I’ve heard it can drive you a bit crazy.

I’m off to Great Yarmouth for a long weekend this weekend so hopi ng to be fully recovered by then and hoping this baby stays firmly put too.

Good luck keeptrying! How exciting that the may babies will be starting to make an appearance.

Happy start of maternity leave to you beetle, do you have much planned for your first few days or are you going to get some rest ahead of baby’s arrival?

Glad you’re feeling a bit better piglet, hopefully you’ll be recovered for your weekend away.

Hope you’re getting on ok Aurora.

I’m 33 weeks today, finally making a start on my birth plan and hospital bag. Have a consultant appointment tomorrow. We’ve been having growth scans due to previous losses and the first one they said that baby was 90th centile and they were worried she was too big, the next two she’s measured 50th centile so they were panicking her growth had slowed down and were talking about delivering her early. To me it seems like they probably got the first measurements wrong?! We will see what the consultant has to say tomorrow!

Thanks guys am a bit nervous! Il be 37.6 weeks when induced same as my dd but just hoping it is quicker! When ur next growth scan Lucy? Yer it’s not nice piglet you itch so much constant and your liver tests go a bit weird that’s what they worry about the most. Can’t belie we r all nearly in the last 4 weeks!! When do you finish work beetle? Xx

Good luck on Tuesday keeptrying ! How excited the babies start to come out soon
I still have 3 more weeks at work and every day is killing me ! I will be working until 38 weeks and will have the baby at 39 ! X

Hi ladies.
Thankfully babys heartbeat stabilised, I was kept in till Monday night and have to be scanned twice a week and get a trace everyday.

Glad the baby stayed in Aurora ......... first ‘May Forum’ baby position still up for grabs now though! Will it be keeptrying on Tuesday or is anyone going to sneak in beforehand and pip them to the post?

I’m still zonked. Feeling better but this post-viral lethargy combined with being achy and pregnant has knocked me down hard. I dragged myself up and to the theatre yesterday as I had tickets for Joseph matinee and been looking forward to it for months. Mere experience of sitting in a theatre for 2 hours nearly killed me and I had to go straight back to bed afterwards. Hoping not to be giving birth anytime soon -way too tired for a spot of light labouring.

I was back in hospital last night being monitored every 2 hours as baby heart rate was over 190 again. Hoping to make it to May but baby really is scaring us atm.

Sorry to hear that Aurora, I hope you and baby are both doing ok xx

Thanks guys am a bit nervous! Il be 37.6 weeks when induced same as my dd but just hoping it is quicker! When ur next growth scan Lucy? Yer it’s not nice piglet you itch so much constant and your liver tests go a bit weird that’s what they worry about the most. Can’t belie we r all nearly in the last 4 weeks!! When do you finish work beetle? Xx

Not long to go for your now keep trying!! The consultant was happy that the growth had stayed 50th centile so my next growth scan is in 3 weeks when I’ll be 37 weeks. Only 3 weeks left at work now too, it’s all becoming so real!

Ahh, good luck!! First May baby to make its appearance! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back