May 2019 mummies

Hey ladies, I’m 29 weeks now and so fully in the third trimester :cheer: I have another growth scan next week, we were having them because of our previous losses, they were worried baby might be small, but now they think she’s on the 90th centile so now they’re worrying she’s too big!

How’s everyone getting on with preparations? As a first timer I’m completely lost with what clothes I need to buy. I’m mainly just buying 0-3 months at the moment and not even thinking further ahead than that but not sure if I should be getting in some 3-6 month things now too? And everyone gives different advice on how much you should buy it’s a minefield haha.

Is anyone doing a nursery? We’ve started decorating ours now and hopefully it’ll be finished in the next few weeks.

Hope everyone’s getting on ok xx

Hi ladies,
Hope you don’t mind if I join you, I’m nearly 28 weeks actually due 6th June but baby will definitely be a May baby - I’m having a planned c/section around 37-38 weeks due to previous c/sections.

Lucy- clothes sizes sound great, your probably will need a few first size/ newborn and up to 1 mth for first few weeks - if you don’t have them already.

Hope your all doing well,
Caz xx

I agree with Caz a few newborn would be a good idea just incase. My biggest baby was 8lb 5oz and newborn was still slightly too big on him.

Welcome caz and congratulations!

Thanks ladies, that’s really helpful, I’ll get a few smaller sizes aswell then xx

Thank you x

One of my girls was quite big over 9lbs and she didn’t fit in 0-3mths till she was around 5/6 weeks.

Hope the nursery is coming on well x

Yup, I’m cream crackered. Sooo many toilet trips plus the baby being small means I have 7 appts - hospital and MW - from now to end of April! I want to tell them ‘Measuring her doesn’t make her grow any quicker!’

Wouldn’t stress about position. Last Wednesday at my scan, my baby was totally breech with bum wedged right down but by MW appt the next day, she was completely sideways again and now I think she’s diagonal head down (but I’m just guessing by which of the rounded ends I can feel is hiccuping).

I have another scan at 33 weeks, 34 weeks and 36 weeks booked in, this must be the most scanned child in history.

Regarding the tea tree - I love it too. How odd we both suddenly like that!

Lol, how odd that we both suddenly like tea tree oil!! I’m literally sat sniffing it now as I type this, I feel like a drug addict!
Think I will take it into labour with me, might help keep me calm!

Any one else got leaky boobs? Mine are awful and really painful had to start using my breast pads already.

Thank you x

One of my girls was quite big over 9lbs and she didn’t fit in 0-3mths till she was around 5/6 weeks.

Hope the nursery is coming on well x

That’s really helpful to know thank you. I’ve stocked up on some newborn stuff too now so hopefully pretty organised.

Nursery is nearly done now too, so exciting.

Hope everyone’s doing ok xx

Hi all, apologies for gate crashing but you may rembeber that I was part of May mummies in the first trimester but I had a MMC at 11+6 in November.

Well today I got my bfp and wanted to share the news with you. As you can imagine, I’m a ball of emotion. Happy, scared, nervous. Not going to get carried away just yet and will take each day as it comes as im still very early.

Praying to get to that 12 week scan and seeing our healthy little baby growing with a strong heartbeat.

I hope your pregnancies are going well and best of luck for the final tri xxx

Congrats sesameseed :) hope you have a healthy pregnancy!

It’s my baby shower tomorrow, can’t believe only 6 and a half weeks until my due date! Iv got a feeling he will arrive late though. Hope all you ladies are well, I think I will get my hospital bag ready next week, time is ticking.... xx

Good going sesameseed.

My baby shower is Saturday. Just lunch and gossip with friends but it’ll be nice.

Anyone else feeling extra tired? Last few days Iv napped for like 2 hours after work, which is very unlike me. My last bloods didn’t show any signs of anaemia, so not sure if it’s normal or not.
Also this last week Iv started to get a really heavy pain around my public bone, spoke to my midwife and she said it’s probably the pressure of babies head because of his position! 6 weeks is starting to feel like a long time now... x

I am always exhausted ! Looking after my son after work makes me cry sometimes. At 8 pm I usually go to sleep with him :)
Stange my bloods were fine as well and I feel so dizzy and tired all the time.
I Had my 32 weeks scan the other day , all seems to be good with the baby, he is measuring 4 lbs and is head down already. X

I've forgotten what having energy feels like. Got antibiotics today for a urine infection. I'm taking so many meds I feel like I rattle when I walk.

Hi ladies, thought I would say happy mother’s day to all the mummy’s and us mummy’s to be!! Our little ones will be with us soon :) xxx

I hope everyone had a good mother’s day.

I can’t believe it’s april already and we will be meeting our babies next month!

Has everyone packed a hospital bag yet? I've got all the bits I need for mine but not packed anything yet. Need to wash baby clothes aswell.

No, I need to get my baby bag together, it’s on the to do list! Iv had a look at a few different lists online, will prob just go with what the NHS recommends. If any of your experienced mums have any key items you would advise to take, please to share! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back