Maternity Pads

xJuliex

Reaction score
How many maternity pads do you need to take into hosptal assuming everything goes ok and i'm onli in a day? I'v got 2 packs of 10 would that be enough??

Mothercare recommend 48 for the first week, although this doesn't sound enough to me, thats only 6-7 per day including night times. I would pack another 10 to be on the safe side, best to have too many than not enough.

I bought 4 packs and OH is prepared to go out and get more if need be

sunnyday said:
Mothercare recommend 48 for the first week, although this doesn't sound enough to me, thats only 6-7 per day including night times. I would pack another 10 to be on the safe side, best to have too many than not enough.

I thought it was 24 for the first 2 days and 48 for the week after those 2 days, at least thats what the lady told me instore.

as many as u can fit in ur bag.
i thought i wouldnt need many but im still on 6-7 a day and its 5 weeks later

ye, i think i'll get another pack of 10 just to be on the safe side, there cheap anyways. i'm sure they'll have some at the hospital anyways just incase anyone forgot to pack them or something tho. Omg they are so big aren't they! how long till you can actually wear just normal sanitary pads and would it be safe to wait till you 1st period before using tampons?

I would check if you need them, my hospital told us not to bother bringing in any as they supply them.

xJuliex said:
ye, i think i'll get another pack of 10 just to be on the safe side, there cheap anyways. i'm sure they'll have some at the hospital anyways just incase anyone forgot to pack them or something tho. Omg they are so big aren't they! how long till you can actually wear just normal sanitary pads and would it be safe to wait till you 1st period before using tampons?
you've not to usse tampons until after 6 weeks afterbirth cos of the risk of infection.

i used loads of pads at hospital cos like i said i didnt think i would need any so didnt pack many

I'm glad you posted this i've only got 2 packs for hospital so far

I went through a full pack in the 3 days I was at the hospital so I'd recommend at least 40 or so :)

Babylicious said:
I went through a full pack in the 3 days I was at the hospital so I'd recommend at least 40 or so :)

:shock: :shock: Feck :shock:

OMG :shock:
I thought that one pack would be enough...guess Im off to Tesco then..... :lol:

ive packed one in labour bag and one in main suit case though if i rem right they do provide them

marie x

Ive only packed 20 think im going to pack another 10 then. :think:

I couldn't find them in the supermarket so I bought a double pack of Maxi Always and then one pack of mat pads I got later at boots. I've always HATED wearing pads - especially bulky ones so I'm hoping against hope that after the first pack I can use Always Maxi, I know I'll need alot but at least they seem 'nicer'.

i gave birth at 9am and had used a pack of 10 by lunch time was changing every 30mins, a week on im still using about 5 a day.

Im dreading this bit more than the actual labour. Its gonna be like one ginormous 9 months worth of a kick ass period :? The mat pads are like bricks, I hate pads...I love tampons :cry: :cry: :cry: And 6 weeks of it :cry: :cry: :cry: Boooooooooooooo :cry: :cry:
Btw, I have tons of bricks - Ive packed 30 and have drawers full of them :(

talking about pads. which is the best maternity type pads?
is it mothercare's? boots? anything else. which is the best in terms of protection i dont care about value i really need the protection!

paradysso said:
i gave birth at 9am and had used a pack of 10 by lunch time was changing every 30mins, a week on im still using about 5 a day.

FOOK ME!!!

Can't they just make giant tampons I hate durfboards so much!

I used Maxi Always, the night ones at first then the normal ones cos I think the hospital ones were horrible they are big and fat and make u feel like u've got a brick between ur legs!! I used those for about 2 weeks then I changed to panty liners for the next 4 weeks.

You go through LOADS so take plenty, i'd say as many as u can fit in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back